The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-28-2020, 10:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Ministry of Defense has stated that Joachim's assistant will take over as temporary Defense Attache, until Joachim has recovered sufficiently to be able to work full time again.

Old 08-28-2020, 10:29 AM
Majesty

Hmm, the Court sounds a bit more optimistic than the Ministry of Defense.

If I try to combine both, it seems that Joachim will start working on a therapeutic basis from Mid-September while his assistant takes up his role until he is fully fit for work again. That might create some tensions along the way - especially if his assistant is doing a great job.

Old 08-28-2020, 10:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well, unfortunately that's life.

If your replacement is better than you, you will end up being replaced.

And should Joachim's assistant really be better than Joachim, then I guess they will only stay in Paris for three years, while the assistant gains valuable experience and presumably will be appointed the next defense attache.

- That to me would be the most logic approach.

And speaking of assistant. Provided Joachim is fine and well suited, he is likely to stay in Paris for perhaps five years.
In which case I believe he will see at least two assistants.

I guess the assistant(s) will have a rank of major or lieutenant colonel.
Being an assistant to a defense attache to a major partner (France) is valuable experience. After say two years, the assistant will likely be promoted and perhaps stationed in connection with DK/French HQ, before perhaps returning to Paris to relieve Joachim in five years.
To again being relieved by Joachim next assistant.
- It would, I think, be a logic way to do it.
Old 08-28-2020, 10:50 AM
Majesty

I was more thinking along the lines that Joachim will still take up the position but it's harder to be someone's assistant if you yourself have done a better job.

But indeed, if the assistant proofs to be a good fit, s/he might be the next attache in a few years.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:54 PM
Majesty

Joachim starts his job soon and there will be a photo call on Friday September 18 in front of the Danish embassy in Paris.

https://kongehuset.dk/presse/meddele...bstart-i-paris
Old 09-18-2020, 04:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Joachim starts his job soon and there will be a photo call on Friday September 18 in front of the Danish embassy in Paris.

https://kongehuset.dk/presse/meddele...bstart-i-paris
Prince Joachim looks good!

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...sellor,_paris?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFRP26VhpPn/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFRY2gEgfcP/

Video
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFRRiP2nm08/
Old 09-18-2020, 12:35 PM
Majesty

Good to see him so well recovered.

Article with video.
https://underholdning.tv2.dk/royale/...d9WvISFEXmDwuo
Old 09-18-2020, 12:46 PM
Courtier

Very nice to see Prince Joachim is looking so well . He recovered fast. He must be happy to start his first day at work. I wish him the best.
Old 09-22-2020, 07:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

At a small ceremony at the Danish Embassy in Paris yesterday, Prince Joachim was formally appointed Brigadier General when Ambassador Michael Starbæk Christensen presented the Prince with the employment document.⁣

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFb0KKrg5zG/
Old 09-22-2020, 08:48 AM
Nobility

Prince Joachim was appointed Brigadier General upon his employment.....but of what service branch, (Army, AF, Navy, all of them)? Also of what country? Would the Prince retain this promotion if he should return to his native country?

Thank you everyone.
Old 10-18-2020, 03:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsJulie View Post
Prince Joachim was appointed Brigadier General upon his employment.....but of what service branch, (Army, AF, Navy, all of them)? Also of what country? Would the Prince retain this promotion if he should return to his native country?

Thank you everyone.
Joachim is now a brigadier (one star general) in the Danish army.
Unless demoted for some serious scandal or suddenly resigning from the army, he will keep that rank upon returning to DK.
In fact it is more than likely that he will be promoted to major general after his three or five year posting in Paris.

Joachim is in contrast to Frederik only affiliated with one branch of the military.
Frederik who is destined to be commander-in-chief holds the same rank in all three branches:
Major general in the army and airforce. (Two stars.)
And rear admiral in the navy.

If QMII stays on the throne Frederik can expect to be promoted to lieutenant general/vice-admiral in about five years or so.
- And upon becoming king he will advance to full general and full admiral.
Old 03-03-2021, 12:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

The defense mission in France today had the honor of welcoming General Cousin of the Air Defense and Air Operations Command (CDAOA) to discuss his mission, in particular his role as the sky police

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Evj3GUsX...jpg&name=large

Prince Joachim and his colleagues today participated in a meeting with Minister Trine Bramsen regarding the development of a new defense industrial strategy. Important work for the benefit of the industry.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvE_D3_X...jpg&name=large
Old 03-03-2021, 01:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks, Eya.

Notice that Joachim and his assistant both wear the cord of attaches.
It's not worn on a day to day basis, but when wearing the dress uniform it is.

The attire of the French general is more relaxed I see.
Old 05-05-2021, 09:07 AM
Administrator

Today, May 5, Prince Joachim attended a meeting in Paris hosted by the French National Office for Veterans and War Victims to "discuss France’s approach to veterans":

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 06-06-2021, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Prince Joachim visited Airbus Helicopters in Marignane, France on May 27:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 06-06-2021, 03:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

That plant produce the very versatile Fennec helicopters used by DK.

They are mainly observation helicopters and very fast. In that capacity they were very popular with the British forces around Basra in Iraq, as these helicopters provided convoy security for both Danish and British forces.
Flying fast and low they would sometimes surprise insurgents trying to place IED's aimed at the convoy that was coming. They would also report suspicious behavior, like a street suddenly being cleared.
IIRC the British requested the helicopters remain when the Danish forces were deployed out of the Basra area. And they did remain for a period afterwards.
Old 06-07-2021, 12:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Joachim presented this Monday, 7 June , the prestigious decoration to the rank of Knight of the Order of Dannebrog to the Consul General of Monaco Mr. Philippe Orengo accompanied by his wife Lis.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E3SOuWMW...jpg&name=large
Old 06-24-2021, 03:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Joachim make some visits in Denmark:

"What time passes ...! I can still feel his hand in mine when I accompanied him to school the very first day 13 years ago .⁣ Now he's a student! Congratulations to him and all this year's new students ���� You all deserve a good holiday ".

"In addition to celebrating Felix, I currently have a number of meetings within my work as a defense attaché. I have, among other things visited the Defense Academy (FAK) and the Defense and Aerospace Industry under Danish Industry.⁣ In fact, I have not been to Copenhagen since November, so it's nice to feel the summer, student and football atmosphere in the city! ⁣"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQfej68gRut/
Old 06-24-2021, 03:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I love the words he described his feelings about Felix.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-24-2021, 11:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Loving the emojis

I generally just love when Joachim posts to the DRF Instagram account. I generally think he (and Marie) would really benefit from having his own account – similar to Carl Philip and Sofia in Sweden – where he's more free to post updates on his work and his life in Paris. I know I'd follow him (them).

Tags
prince joachim, prince joachim current events