CP Frederik & CP Mary, Current Events Part 10: May 2016 - January 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Change of plans, Frederik flew back to Denmark today. With the Queen having covid, Frederik and Mary are the host for tomorrow's government celebration.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/seneste-nyt-nu-er-kronprins-frederik-taget-afsted

Mary stays to finish the agenda today.
Today, HRH Crown Princess Mary visited Denmark's permanent representation at the UN and the Danish Consulate General in New York. Here she met, among other things, Denmark's UN ambassador, @BilleHermann and was shown around the consulate and the UN mission

Mary yesterday
https://www.instagram.com/p/CizNLJkg5w6/?igshid=NzNkNDdiOGI=

Last edited:
Change of plans, Frederik flew back to Denmark today. With the Queen having covid, Frederik and Mary are the host for tomorrow's government celebration.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/seneste-nyt-nu-er-kronprins-frederik-taget-afsted

Mary stays to finish the agenda today.
Today, HRH Crown Princess Mary visited Denmark's permanent representation at the UN and the Danish Consulate General in New York. Here she met, among other things, Denmark's UN ambassador, @BilleHermann and was shown around the consulate and the UN mission

Mary yesterday
https://www.instagram.com/p/CizNLJkg5w6/?igshid=NzNkNDdiOGI=

Huh...strange. Why not have Frederik stay in NYC and Mary return home early. Cannot say I am not annoyed by Frederik having to go home on the most important day of this NYC trip and where he was supposed to give a speech at the DK UNSC launch. He also had to cancel on the UN Assistant Secretary General with whom he was supposed to have a meeting. They could have just postponed this gov't dinner instead of making Frederik miss on such an important schedule in NYC.

Huh...strange. Why not have Frederik stay in NYC and Mary return home early. Cannot say I am not annoyed by Frederik having to go home on the most important day of this NYC trip and where he was supposed to give a speech at the DK UNSC launch. He also had to cancel on the UN Assistant Secretary General with whom he was supposed to have a meeting. They could have just postponed this gov't dinner instead of making Frederik miss on such an important schedule in NYC.

No surprise actually.

The domestic political situation is such that the government may be forced to call a general election right after the opening of the Parliament in less than two weeks.
So the political dinner cannot be postponed, because in two weeks from now the country may be in election mode for probably three weeks.
- The timing is most annoying because the politicians have plenty of other things on their minds right now. Among them making a national compromise across the political divides to deal with the situation regarding rising prices and the energy crisis - and while the election campaign is going on and until a new government has been formed, nothing can be done politically.
Alas, one party has climbed so high up in the tree that they can't come down and as such will either have to humiliate themselves or force a general election now.
Few Danes will thank that party for paralyzing the political landscape right now and I personally hope that party will be massacred at the election.

On top of that there is the potential that the situation in Russia can turn nasty, so it might be prudent to call Frederik back, just in case.

And with QMII down and in isolation - we don't even know how well or bad she is, but she is 82 years old, Frederik will also have to run the office and administration at home.
Mary is perfectly capable of handling New York on her own. ;)

Last edited:
Indeed. The invasion is and has already been marked in various ways, both officially (very much actually) and by various organizations, most including Ukrainians in one way or another.
DK is a small country and even though it's been 80 years the concept of being invaded is still deep in the national psyche, so the sympathy for Ukraine is not diminishing.

In fact the most senior government minister will not rule out sending fighters to Ukraine. It has been said repeatedly that fighters is very much an option and that fighters are likely to be send to Ukraine eventually.
In other words: DK is among the countries lobbying for sending even more and ever more advanced weapons to Ukraine.

The crown prince couple received Denmark's climate ambassador Tomas A. today. Christensen and Denmark's climate manager Maria Samuelsen at Amalienborg.
�� At the meeting, the ambassador gave a status on the global climate agenda as well as the Copenhagen Climate Ministerial, which will be held on the 20th. -21. March. Here 50 ministers and leaders from all over the world meet to take the first steps towards the UN climate summit COP28 in December.

:previous: Nice! :flowers: :flowers:

It was Count Ingolf and his wife Mary blew a kiss to.

And the sweetest episode of the day (M&F did great today, they are a good team) was when they were about to leave. A girl apparently called for a photo of her and presumably both M&F. Frederik noticed that and went back to the girl, so she could get her photo.
That was a neat one, Frederik.

A great day of events. They look in top form and cheerful with all

The relationship of Princess Mary and Count Ingolf seems warm for both sice. I don't know with the Queen ?

The relationship of Princess Mary and Count Ingolf seems warm for both sice. I don't know with the Queen ?

It does, and that's good to see,

Ingolf has a very good relationship with Joachim, and evidently also with M&F.

I do believe he has a good relationship with QMII as well. He has after all reached out and established a good relationship to QMII's branch of the extended family. And It's my impression that he is a welcome guest.
However, I doubt very much QMII and Ingolf wear out each other's doormats. For that matter QMII doesn't wear out the doormats of her sons.
I suspect Benedikte is a much more frequent visitor to QMII than her sons.

How long a drive from Copenhagen to Christianfeld?

2½ hours I'd say.

Eml

It does, and that's good to see,

Ingolf has a very good relationship with Joachim, and evidently also with M&F.

I do believe he has a good relationship with QMII as well. He has after all reached out and established a good relationship to QMII's branch of the extended family. And It's my impression that he is a welcome guest.
However, I doubt very much QMII and Ingolf wear out each other's doormats. For that matter QMII doesn't wear out the doormats of her sons.
I suspect Benedikte is a much more frequent visitor to QMII than her sons.

Although that wasn’t the impression CP Mary gave in the documentary done for her 50th birthday!

2½ hours I'd say.
Surely they must have over nighted somewhere before arriving so early at Christianfeld!

Or they hitched a ride on a helicopter and drove the rest of the way.

Or they stayed aboard Dannebrog.

"Denmark's climate ambassador Tomas Anker Christensen yesterday gave Kronprinsparret a status on the Danish climate efforts ahead of the UN's upcoming climate summit COP28 in Dubai in December.

The UN's COP climate summits have - with some exceptions - been held every year since the first UN climate agreement in 1992, and this year His Royal Highness the Crown Prince will visit the summit together with, among others, the Prime Minister and the Foreign Minister."
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz-fzQCCgFp/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom