The Family and Background of the Duchess of Cambridge, the Middletons 1, Until 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:huh: Big slabs of marshmallow with computer-generated photographs printed onto them? My first instinct is to laugh. I think that's a very peculiar thing to make and can't imagine why anyone would want one, but for all I know these things might be hugely popular in the UK. Are they? I assume he did some sort of market research before starting this business, but I just cannot see a big future in printed marshmallows. :candycane:

Great to have marshmallows like that during this time of the year. One can put them on top a nice steamy cup of hot chocolate. Also, they would be great as gifts and during Valentine's Day.

There are already packs of small white and coloured marshmallows available for snacking and hot-chocolate duty. I would prefer to use plain ones like that instead of cutting up a larger, printed, one. Would there really be a big market for Valentine's Day? Maybe there is and I just can't see it. I tend to underestimate the attraction of certain things that are hugely popular with the majority of the population on the basis that if I don't like them I don't understand why other people do. All those TV talent shows, for example.

There are already packs of small white and coloured marshmallows available for snacking and hot-chocolate duty. I would prefer to use plain ones like that instead of cutting up a larger, printed, one. Would there really be a big market for Valentine's Day? Maybe there is and I just can't see it. I tend to underestimate the attraction of certain things that are hugely popular with the majority of the population on the basis that if I don't like them I don't understand why other people do. All those TV talent shows, for example.

Yes I know, but with boomf, you can personalize the marshmallows. It may seem silly, but it's creative. I'm sure James will continue to go on and do some more creative things in the future.

Last edited:
They can also be customized with business logos, etc. A few corporate customers who want their logo for desserts/hot chocolate would go a long way to keeping a business with high margins and low overhead in good shape.

Think a hotel chain logo for breakfast/room service hot chocolate and desserts.

Personalizing something sweet and edible isn't a new concept here. A lot of grocery store delis can make cakes with your pictures on them and there's a website to go to to personalize your M&Ms. With James doing marshmallows, I think that its a novel idea and there's not a shop like that on every street corner and I wish him well with it.

I do love marshmallows!

I've seen a few proposals, them used in marketing or at buissness parties etc. It's not that odd. Cupcakes, cakes, cookies etc are already used in this way so it's not too odd.

Personalizing something sweet and edible isn't a new concept here. A lot of grocery store delis can make cakes with your pictures on them and there's a website to go to to personalize your M&Ms. With James doing marshmallows, I think that its a novel idea and there's not a shop like that on every street corner and I wish him well with it.

I do love marshmallows!

My husband and I used the M&M site to get personalized M&Ms for our wedding favors. People loved it. I think marshmallows can work, as someone pointed out for corporate breakfast events, hotels and I would even imagine ski lodges. Not a bad idea and I hope for James' sake, it takes off.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

They’re new pap pics(below) of Pippa and James traveling to Antigua.

https://twitter.com/PippaStyle/status/682717419610181632

Some people are saying that it’s weird that Pippa and James are going on a tropical vacation by themselves. My theory is that it was suppose to be James and Donna going, just this year the couple had vacations in California and in the Bahamas, without the Middletons. But if you go to Donna’s IG account, it seems that in the last day or two, her maternal grandfather has died, and now she’s driving north to Newcastle to be with her family. I think Donna understandably backed out of the vacation and James was left with an extra ticket, so he gave it to Pippa. Just my theory, though.

Last edited:

Some people are saying that it’s weird that Pippa and James are going on a tropical vacation by themselves. My theory is that it was suppose to be James and Donna going, just this year the couple had vacations in California and in the Bahamas, without the Middletons. But if you go to Donna’s IG account, it seems that in the last day or two, her maternal grandfather has died, and now she’s driving north to Newcastle to be with her family. I think Donna understandably backed out of the vacation and James was left with an extra ticket, so he gave it to Pippa. Just my theory, though.
I don't get what's so wierd though? I hope I will go on vacations with my sister in the future as well. Is it because they're male and female or what?

I don't get what's so wierd though? I hope I will go on vacations with my sister in the future as well. Is it because they're male and female or what?

I don't understand why it would be "weird." My sister is joining my family this summer on vacation, but she and I have also traveled together as a pair.

That makes sense that he'd offer the ticket to his sister since Donna will be with her family.

Last edited by a moderator:
James Middleton's marshmallow business has been in the press in England on numerous occasions for losing money allegedly. There was also a review which said the marshmallows had poor ingredients and did not taste pleasant. I do not know. I am just stating what I have read in the press.

James Middleton's marshmallow business has been in the press in England on numerous occasions for losing money allegedly. There was also a review which said the marshmallows had poor ingredients and did not taste pleasant. I do not know. I am just stating what I have read in the press.
Well, since he's still a startup it would be wierd if he was making money. Most buissnesses go back for At LEAST 5 years after starting... So I wouldn't read too much into that.

I think this marshmallow thing is ridiculous, if he couldn't get people to buy his cakes why would your next step be marshmallows. All the companies I know who sell customized food do so while bringing in money from a bigger source; you can request customized cakes and other sweets but that is not what the company is known for; M&M can customize their candies is asked but their main focus is the regular candy. I don't see a large marker for marshmallows with faces printed on them.

It looks like Donna has now made the trip to the Caribbean based on her IG post. I'm glad she had a chance to mourn her grandfather but I'm sure James missed her presence for the first half of the trip.

He must have unveiled this project before April 29, 2011; as there is no Kate Middleton, anymore.

Is the bachelor brother headline from the DM with coming out marshmallows trying to imply that Donna Air is a beard?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It has more to do with the fact that The Daily Mail claimed Donna and James broke-up in September. A day later The Mail was forced to retract and admit they lied after the couple complained. The Mail hates being exposed for the frauds they are, so they’ve been throwing daggers at the couple ever since. They hope that if they indirectly keep implying that the couple is kaput that their readers won’t remember that it all originated in a lie. Like the saying says, "if you tell a lie often enough it becomes truth”. They are trying to save face and reinvent history. Very petty.

The Middletons vs the Woodvilles

You know, I have been reading British royal history since I was a little girl.
I always thought that the public and noble/aristocratic reaction to the Woodville's was a little over the top.

After seeing the photos of the Middleton's traipsing after the royal family at the WWI remembrance a week or so ago, now I get it. I'm probably far more outraged by the incident than it deserves, but there it is, I am outraged. They had no business being there and should have politely turned down the invitation.

For me, they would have needed a very very good reason to justify being there with the royals.

I feel they are taking advantage of the royal family's desperate desire to be seen as completely supportive of the duchess. Not to repeat or allow the perception that they are repeating possible mistakes of the past.

The Middleton's really, really, need to take a page from the other inlaws and quit courting the media. With the exception of royal or noble inlaws, I couldn't identify or name any of the other inlaws if my life depended on it.

Why on earth did the brother need to tell the media anything about anything in his life. He is clearly trying to trade on his sister's royal connections.

I am more disgusted with them each time I see them. Forgive me, but they are becoming the British version of the K-trash family we have over here who are never off the headlines.

The Middletons didn't go the local Gallipoli wreath laying. They just went to church with their daughter and son in law at the invitation of the Queen.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I always thought that the public and noble/aristocratic reaction to the Woodville's was a little over the top.

After seeing the photos of the Middleton's traipsing after the royal family at the WWI remembrance a week or so ago, now I get it. I'm probably far more outraged by the incident than it deserves, but there it is, I am outraged. They had no business being there and should have politely turned down the invitation.

For me, they would have needed a very very good reason to justify being there with the royals.

I feel they are taking advantage of the royal family's desperate desire to be seen as completely supportive of the duchess. Not to repeat or allow the perception that they are repeating possible mistakes of the past.

The Middleton's really, really, need to take a page from the other inlaws and quit courting the media. With the exception of royal or noble inlaws, I couldn't identify or name any of the other inlaws if my life depended on it.

Why on earth did the brother need to tell the media anything about anything in his life. He is clearly trying to trade on his sister's royal connections.

I am more disgusted with them each time I see them. Forgive me, but they are becoming the British version of the K-trash family we have over here who are never off the headlines.
I have a good reason. They were visiting Kate. Kate went to church. They went with her. Not harder to understand than that.

It was a private occation (not in the CC for any of the royals)
They did not go to the memorial part of the visit, but only to the church.
Guests of the royal family very commonly go with them to church on sundays.
It's a public church.

There are way more reasons for it to be ok for them to be there than there are against it.

Go back and watch the Cambridge's engagement interview. Listen to what William and Catherine say about how family is to them and how supportive the Middletons have been to them. You will understand that they are doing things differently, because they need not only love their family, but they're all supportive of one another.

If his mother had some good support from her family, things probably would have turned out differently.

The Middletons didn’t get to spend Christmas or New Years with their daughter, instead she was with the royals. How dare they spend her birthday with her. They even trekked all the way up to Norfolk so she could spend the next day with The Queen. Very brazen, they need to stay away from Norfolk. Don’t they know that when she married William she publicly disowned them? They act like they take second priority to the royals, when really they should take no priority. The Meades, Bakers, and Sophie Carter also had the arrogance to show-up to public church. Why must she be friends with such K-trash? Hopefully, she learns her place, which is above all them.

The Duchess of Cambridge: Family, Wealth and Background

The sight of her parents going to church with her while visiting their daughter really makes you that angry?

I mean, by that logic, what right had any of the other people at the church service to attend with the royal family?

In your opinion, should the Middleton family ever be allowed to be seen with their daughter in public again, or is that too gauche?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom