The Family and Background of the Princess of Wales, the Middletons 2, 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortunate indeed. Its definitely not the way to handle things and tbh looks unprofessional. Business is business and there is always a risk of someone owing you money going under. Thinking that somehow because that business was founded by the then Duchess of Cambridge's parents decades earlier somehow makes it a safer bet is pretty naive.
Of course the smaller the business the bigger impact that has and I do feel sorry for small businesses and suppliers who have be affected but resorting to something like this isn't the answer and depending on what the supposed posters say could actually end up costing those who put them up more money than lost by Party Pieces going under.

And the baby is still inside?

https://archive.ph/NcAIr

An interview in the Telegraph with the man who bought Party Pieces when it went into administration.

A few key lines:

“Carole had reached her mid-60s and quite rightly wanted to spend more time with her family,” says Sinclair. “When she handed Party Pieces over to investors and shareholders, it was in textbook condition; a really nice company that was regularly making a profit of £1m a year from a £3-£5m turnover.”

Carole and her husband Michael felt they had secured the future of the firm that they had worked hard to create. But things started to go downhill.

“Unfortunately the investors put into place the wrong team with the wrong strategy,” says Sinclair. “Frugality and getting a tangible return on every single cost is a big part of the entrepreneurial mindset, because it’s hard; only five per cent of businesses get past the first 10 years. Mistakes were made.

Sinclair feels hugely for Carole, whom he is quick to point out “was not captain of the ship on its downfall – she was, though, the lifeboat trying to save it”.

https://archive.ph/NcAIr

An interview in the Telegraph with the man who bought Party Pieces when it went into administration.

A few key lines:

“Carole had reached her mid-60s and quite rightly wanted to spend more time with her family,” says Sinclair. “When she handed Party Pieces over to investors and shareholders, it was in textbook condition; a really nice company that was regularly making a profit of £1m a year from a £3-£5m turnover.”

Carole and her husband Michael felt they had secured the future of the firm that they had worked hard to create. But things started to go downhill.

“Unfortunately the investors put into place the wrong team with the wrong strategy,” says Sinclair. “Frugality and getting a tangible return on every single cost is a big part of the entrepreneurial mindset, because it’s hard; only five per cent of businesses get past the first 10 years. Mistakes were made.

Sinclair feels hugely for Carole, whom he is quick to point out “was not captain of the ship on its downfall – she was, though, the lifeboat trying to save it”.

Thanks for this article tommy100.

Poor Carole, so much the face of the company, and it being so much in the media over the years because of who her daughter married, she will always be associated with this.

More details regarding the poster campaign against the Middletons -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...wler-stalking-Middletons-idyllic-village.html

Last edited:
Another Middleton

James Middleton welcomes first child! Kate's brother and his wife Alizee Thevenet are spotted walking newborn in £795 Silver Cross pram in Notting Hill

Congratulations to the new parents

What will the baby's name be?

Congratulations to the couple!

Congratulations to the happy parents!
Was the baby's gender revealed?

Congratulations to James and Alyzee! :flowers:

The baby's gender hasn't been announced, according to the article in the Mail.

James Middleton welcomes first child! Kate's brother and his wife Alizee Thevenet are spotted walking newborn in £795 Silver Cross pram in Notting Hill

I find it interesting that Prince William and (then) Duchess Catherine issued a statement in 2018 when Pippa’s first child Arthur was born but I don’t believe they have done so for subsequent niece/nephew arrivals. Wonder why they decided not to, or perhaps they were advised to let the DM do the honors?

They are private citizens, why should there be an announcement. Maybe the earlier one for Pippa is now viewed as inappropriate.

Of course they are private citizen but also celebrities as the brother and sister in law of the future Queen so of course we'd like to know at least the gender !

I find it interesting that Prince William and (then) Duchess Catherine issued a statement in 2018 when Pippa’s first child Arthur was born but I don’t believe they have done so for subsequent niece/nephew arrivals. Wonder why they decided not to, or perhaps they were advised to let the DM do the honors?

They are private citizens, why should there be an announcement. Maybe the earlier one for Pippa is now viewed as inappropriate.

I agree, there is no need for a public statement by KP. The birth of the baby is a very joyous occasion, but it remains a private matter for the family.

Of course they are private citizen but also celebrities as the brother and sister in law of the future Queen so of course we'd like to know at least the gender !

I agree that people are interested and would like to know and it is up to them if they announce it or even appear in a magazine , but I do not think it is up to KP to announce it. If the couple themselves put it on social media then the royals might comment.

I should have been clearer - I thought the 2018 statement was OTT and inappropriate and wondered why they had changed their tact.
I.e., who decided?

Without talking about off topics things I wonder if the feeling is the family dynamic has changed - back in 2018 they would certainly have made a very public statement were William's brother to be the one announcing a baby had arrived so felt it even to make a public statement at the least when Catherine's sister did. Now the dynamic is different.

Without talking about off topics things I wonder if the feeling is the family dynamic has changed - back in 2018 they would certainly have made a very public statement were William's brother to be the one announcing a baby had arrived so felt it even to make a public statement at the least when Catherine's sister did. Now the dynamic is different.

Thank you - that’s an excellent point and one I hadn’t considered⭐

Lovely news. Funny how the Middleton siblings all had boys first.

What's the story behind 'If it weren't for Ella, he wouldn't be here'? Am I understanding it correctly, that if their dog hadn't died, their son wouldn't have been born?

What's the story behind 'If it weren't for Ella, he wouldn't be here'? Am I understanding it correctly, that if their dog hadn't died, their son wouldn't have been born?

Ella introduced James and Alizee. Ella wandered over to Alizee at a cafe, so James went over to get Ella back, then the pair struck up a conversation.

Ella was their cupid, so to speak.

Ella introduced James and Alizee. Ella wandered over to Alizee at a cafe, so James went over to get Ella back, then the pair struck up a conversation.

Ella was their cupid, so to speak.

Thanks, that sounds a lot less morbid.

Update:

It's a boy

His name is Inigo

Source: New Dad's Instagram account.

That is a surprise. Pippa and Kate gave their children classic names; I haven't heard of anyone (in modern times) named Inigo.

I wonder if it was misspelled, the name Iñigo is quite traditional in Hispanic countries, it's a variation of Ignatius.

In the UK, the name's mainly associated with Inigo Jones, who was an architect in the time of James I. It seems to be quite popular in the Basque provinces of Spain, but it's very unusual here.

Back
Top Bottom