The Family and Background of the Princess of Wales, the Middletons 2, 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
5625e2851dfbec9cd24bc3eb032b6fe3.png

Coat of Arms of the Middleton Family

Welcome to The Family of the Princess of Wales, the Middleton Family 2 Thread

Commencing September, 2022

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

Last edited:
:sad: Ella

"It is with great sadness that I announce my dear Ella has passed away

For 15 years Ella has been at my side, from my darkest days to my happiest. I’m going to miss her terribly

Ella had a very short illness, she slipped away in my arms at home and is now buried in the garden alongside Tilly. I took this picture just a few hours before she died

I’m just about holding it together to write this, and despite the fact I knew this day was coming, it doesn’t make it any easier

Goodnight my darling Ella, Alizee and the dogs will take good care of me"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnpSRVOIvno/

:sad: Ella

"It is with great sadness that I announce my dear Ella has passed away

For 15 years Ella has been at my side, from my darkest days to my happiest. I’m going to miss her terribly

Ella had a very short illness, she slipped away in my arms at home and is now buried in the garden alongside Tilly. I took this picture just a few hours before she died

I’m just about holding it together to write this, and despite the fact I knew this day was coming, it doesn’t make it any easier

Goodnight my darling Ella, Alizee and the dogs will take good care of me"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnpSRVOIvno/

Very sad news! I feel like I knew Ella just as much by seeing so many pictures in James's instagram. This must be difficult for James.

Ella was the mother of Lupo, and grandmother of Orla (Wales' new dog).

Truly sad news. Ella was James' therapy dog. That dog helped him through a lot of his struggles over the past years.

Re: The Duchess of Cambridge: Family, Wealth and Background

Michael and Carole Middleton are well-known, self-made millionaires. Their company, Party Pieces, is involved in the business of curating and delivering party essentials for its customers. Online reports say their net worth reportedly sits at $67 million.

Read More: https://www.nickiswift.com/605494/heres-how-much-kate-middletons-family-is-really-worth/

i found out about Kate Middleton on my other forums http://theinternetforums.co.uk/william/ you can register for FREE!

if you are member or not!

check it out!

Kate Middleton, Is She A Rich Girl

is she rich? because she must have money to be accept in the royal family?

Sara Boyce

Michael and Carole Middleton are well-known, self-made millionaires... Online reports say their net worth reportedly sits at $67 million.

Hi Meatball

and congratulations to your first post!

And to the fortune of the Middletons: Recently there were reports, that the "Party Pieces" outfit of their family is in dire need of money and financial difficulties. They have hired external advisors too... - But the story was in the Daily Mail, so, I will not provide any links, since I am not orientated, if those are allowed in this sub-forum here.

What alledgedly happened was, that the Duchess' of Cambridge mother had undertaken a business expansion into the United States, which failed + the last Holiday season (Christmas and so on) was a a big miss for the outfit.

Sounds to me, like their business fell victim to Amazon.com... Most stuff in their marketplace is really cheap.

The Duchess of Cambridge: Family, Wealth and Background

That’s too bad the family business sold. I’m gathering part of the issue is the expansion didn’t work out.

Last edited:
It is a pity that the family business has been sold. Did Pippa Middleton and James still work for Party Pieces or do they have their own businesses?

The business was insolvent at the time of sale. I don’t think Pippa has worked for Party Pieces for years. She’s probably concentrating on her young family. Nor has James any connection. I believe he has his own business supplying food items.

From Wiki

In April 2011, he registered three businesses: Nice Cakes, Nice Wine, and Nice Group London and planned to expand the Cake Kit Company.[20][23] The Cake Kit Company dissolved in 2015.[25]

In 2013, Middleton founded Boomf, a company that makes personalised marshmallows and greeting cards.[26][27] In 2015, the company raised £700 in funding, and was valued at £10m.[28] Boomf made a loss of £3 million between 2015 and 2018.[29] Middleton's brother-in-law, hedge fund manager James Matthews paid Middleton €110,000 for 12,800 Boomf shares.[30] In 2019, Middleton announced that the company had reached profitability with an income of £176,000 in the previous year.[31] Boomf raised $1m of funding in 2021, with plans to expand its product range.[32] The company was sold later that year. In May 2020, Middleton launched Ella & Co, a mail order dog food company that offers freeze-dried, raw, organic dog food.[33]

Last edited:
It is a pity that the family business has been sold. Did Pippa Middleton and James still work for Party Pieces or do they have their own businesses?

Pippa is married to a very wealthy man and seems to be focusing on her children and her fitness and activities related to children and fitness. I believe she got a masters degree in a related field a few years ago. She and her husband also have quite an impressive estate they are working on.

James has his own businesses I think and seems to enjoy breeding dogs and lives a lifestyle with his wife that is very wealthy and compostable by most standards but not high profile or ostentatious. I doubt they are very affected by this and I also doubt the Middletons have suffered too much financially even with a business downturn- they seem savvy enough to have kept their personal finances and business finances properly separated. I hope they enjoy their retirement.

Will the new owner change the name of the company?

Pippa is married to a very wealthy man and seems to be focusing on her children and her fitness and activities related to children and fitness. I believe she got a masters degree in a related field a few years ago. She and her husband also have quite an impressive estate they are working on.

James has his own businesses I think and seems to enjoy breeding dogs and lives a lifestyle with his wife that is very wealthy and compostable by most standards but not high profile or ostentatious. I doubt they are very affected by this and I also doubt the Middletons have suffered too much financially even with a business downturn- they seem savvy enough to have kept their personal finances and business finances properly separated. I hope they enjoy their retirement.
Pippin seems to be developing the farm they bought near their house into a petting zoo and tourist spot with an online shop

That’s too bad the family business sold. I’m gathering part of the issue is the expansion didn’t work out.

The expansion, also it couldn’t have been easy trying to turn a profit with that sort of business during COVID. And given their ages, the Middletons probably don’t want to spend the next few years putting the majority of their time and energy into getting the business back on track, especially since none of their children are involved or will ever need the financial resources a successful family business can provide.

It's true the business (and many like it) suffered during the height of the pandemic as people were in lockdown.

James has not been successful with his business ventures so perhaps he could have taken it over. However people seem to be getting EVERYTHING from Amazon these days. so perhaps it still would not have worked out.

The expansion, also it couldn’t have been easy trying to turn a profit with that sort of business during COVID. And given their ages, the Middletons probably don’t want to spend the next few years putting the majority of their time and energy into getting the business back on track, especially since none of their children are involved or will ever need the financial resources a successful family business can provide.

True. COVID surely was a problem too. Probably Amazon. I can certainly see them choosing retirement over fixing the business at this stage of their lives.

The fact the couple only owned 1/2 the business now, they had to sell out the other half to investors, it seems the business may have been in trouble for some years. The US expansion seems definitely a last ditch attempt at trying to save the company from going into insolvency.

Yes they may have built up some personal wealth, but a good chunk of their fortune is tied up in that business. It seems they decided to sell it off while there was still some value to recoupe in it.

If it was really simply about taking more time for grandkids (which she did a lot of anyways) Carole could simply have had someone step up and fill her role. Hopefully James wasn't counting on the business as he has been bouncing between business ideas and PP has been his backup for years.

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-ne...c/news-story/5d3a210c6c7a58e6fc8fc88ed827c0d1

Quote. British taxpayers are footing the bill for a coronavirus loan taken out by the Middleton family to support their business.
Carole and Michael Middleton received a taxpayer-backed loan from UK bank NatWest to support the company during the coronavirus pandemic.

The loan totalled £220000, The Times of London has reported.

As the company has now entered an insolvency process, its loan still has £220,000 outstanding, of which the taxpayer picks up 80 per cent.

The restrictions on social gatherings led to Party Pieces experiencing a massive drop in revenue – going from £4.5 million to £3.2 million in 2022 – which led to the company taking out the loan. End Quote

Last edited:
Hopefully James wasn't counting on the business as he has been bouncing between business ideas and PP has been his backup for years.

James will be fine; he has so many connections.
If his own ideas don't come to fruition, his friends and his network will probably step him to offer him employment.

https://www.skynews.com.au/world-ne...c/news-story/5d3a210c6c7a58e6fc8fc88ed827c0d1

Quote. British taxpayers are footing the bill for a coronavirus loan taken out by the Middleton family to support their business.
Carole and Michael Middleton received a taxpayer-backed loan from UK bank NatWest to support the company during the coronavirus pandemic.

The loan totalled £220000, The Times of London has reported.

As the company has now entered an insolvency process, its loan still has £220,000 outstanding, of which the taxpayer picks up 80 per cent.

The restrictions on social gatherings led to Party Pieces experiencing a massive drop in revenue – going from £4.5 million to £3.2 million in 2022 – which led to the company taking out the loan. End Quote
From the cited article - they sold for £180,000 - likely all going to secured creditors. For 2022 they had a net loss of £900,000. Adding those numbers up they needed £4.1 million in revenue to break even. I suspect they’d been losing market share to the giants like Amazon starting well before the pandemic. I assume they made investments during the many years the company was profitable & have those assets to fund their retirement.

Back
Top Bottom