Pippa and James Matthews and Family 1: May 2017 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why the DM thinks it is newsworthy that Pippa has stepped out to buy some newspapers!

I don't understand it either. They say she's been keeping a "low profile" since her wedding but, really, she's just a young woman doing daily tasks like all the other people living in London. If she stayed in the house and never showed her face then THAT would be a story. I think the Daily Fail should just stop following Pippa around. It really isn't necessary.

Not even clicking...how is it news that she is wearing tight jeans and sneakers?

LaRae

Pippa and James Matthews: May 2017 -

I don't understand it either. They say she's been keeping a "low profile" since her wedding but, really, she's just a young woman doing daily tasks like all the other people living in London. If she stayed in the house and never showed her face then THAT would be a story. I think the Daily Fail should just stop following Pippa around. It really isn't necessary.

I agree. It must be exhausting not being able to step out of the house to do a simple daily errand without having paparazzi stalking you. Everyone gets some shopping done in casual clothing, it's not a big deal, even if the particular person happens to be the sister-in-law of the second in line to the throne!

Last edited:
Not even clicking...how is it news that she is wearing tight jeans and sneakers?

LaRae

That's what they wrote but, actually, the jeans are not tight at all. They aren't skinny jeans like Kate wears, they are regular blue jeans with cuffs. So, I don't know why they said "skinny." She is wearing sneakers though. And don't forget the grey sweater and white shirt.:ohmy: The Fail is just filling space. I laughed at the number of photos of Pippa just walking around. I didn't count but there are at least a dozen basically the same photo.:eek: It's pretty hilarious. Poor Pippa.:sad:

LaRae

Because don't you know she is meant to be pregnant :whistling:

The DM is looking for any sign of pregnancy so they can spin some conspiracy about planning births together for some reason. The Middletons are always scheming of course. :bang: The tight jeans proof so far she isn't.

This is the non royal version of bump watch.

Because don't you know she is meant to be pregnant :whistling:

The DM is looking for any sign of pregnancy so they can spin some conspiracy about planning births together for some reason. The Middletons are always scheming of course. :bang: The tight jeans proof so far she isn't.

This is the non royal version of bump watch.

Well, for sure, they can't start any preggers rumors today. She looked as thin and athlete as always.

Well, for sure, they can't start any preggers rumors today. She looked as thin and athlete as always.

Media could certainly print awful rumors as to why loose blouse last week and tight tummy today. I would never put anything pass some of them or the editors that permit the printing.

Not sure why the DM thinks it is newsworthy that Pippa has stepped out to buy some newspapers!

Maybe because she was the one person that day that bought the Fail? :whistling:

Private citizens..leave them alone.

LaRae

Its basically that they *know* they can lure the commentators in on stories like this so that is why they print them. The more people they draw in, the more "relevant" their publication seems to be.

The good thing is that its all stupid stuff they report. That means they can't get any "real" information. People are getting real good at keeping their lives private when they want to. The stupider the stories that come out, the better they're being frustrated for information. :D

Work begins on extension to Pippa and James' £17m mansion | Daily Mail Online

A way to criticize Pippa and James.
You'd think they were demolishing an entire street, instead of simply adding another bathroom.

And of course, all the commentators screaming that they don't care- hundreds!

Their home, and their money. Let them spend it how they choose. Pippa is not royalty, or a member of the family. She is the sister of. This officially means that she is a private citizen, so learn them alone! Goodness!

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: The only people with the right to complain are her neighbors. And if the DM is to be believed, they are complaining. Nothing new there, neighbors never like noise or disruption. And if you paid millions for a house and have an orangery in your back yard whose sun will be blocked by the new extension, you may complain as well.

As for the public, unless you live next door and your life is disrupted, none of your business.

:previous: The only people with the right to complain are her neighbors. And if the DM is to be believed, they are complaining. Nothing new there, neighbors never like noise or disruption. And if you paid millions for a house and have an orangery in your back yard whose sun will be blocked by the new extension, you may complain as well.

As for the public, unless you live next door and your life is disrupted, none of your business.

You’re right. Maybe! But, it’s also important to note, that the work is being done on someone (Pippa and James) else’s hectare and not your own. They can mumble all they want, but at the end of the day, they may as well get used to it. It’s not on their property, and if it was the tables would be turned. Just saying!

You’re right. Maybe! But, it’s also important to note, that the work is being done on someone (Pippa and James) else’s hectare and not your own. They can mumble all they want, but at the end of the day, they may as well get used to it. It’s not on their property, and if it was the tables would be turned. Just saying!

Actually if it disrupts your property you can complain. You do realize, at least in most cities, you cant simply do whatever you want on your own property? If it causes issues to other residences, or even if it is considered to be enough of an eye sore that it will bring down value. Why do you think you have to apply to planning commissions for major building projects in most cities????

It's not a matter of 'it's my land I can do what I want and no one matters but me.' Unless you are out in the middle of no where and no neighbors to bother. Obviously the planning commission didn't feel that this bathroom extension would cause any real disturbance to neighbors, or value.

The simple point being the DM isn't complaining about Pippa and how she spends her money. They are simply airing neighbors complaints.

Actually if it disrupts your property you can complain. You do realize, at least in most cities, you cant simply do whatever you want on your own property? If it causes issues to other residences, or even if it is considered to be enough of an eye sore that it will bring down value. Why do you think you have to apply to planning commissions for major building projects in most cities????

It's not a matter of 'it's my land I can do what I want and no one matters but me.' Unless you are out in the middle of no where and no neighbors to bother. Obviously the planning commission didn't feel that this bathroom extension would cause any real disturbance to neighbors, or value.

The simple point being the DM isn't complaining about Pippa and how she spends her money. They are simply airing neighbors complaints.

We have a strict planning regime in this country. Any material alterations would have been through a Planning process and be approved by the council. The council would have sought the views of the neighbours before concluding on whether to approve the application or not.

By the sounds of it, you just have a disgruntled neighbour who has had her chance to complain to the council and has been overruled. Tough, Miss Neighbour, get on with the rest of your life!

Last edited:
We have a strict planning regime in this country. Any material alterations would have been through a Planning process and be approved by the council. The council would have sought the views of the neighbours before concluding on whether to approve the application or not.

By tge sounds of it, you just have a disgruntled neighbour who has had her chance to complain to the council and has been overruled. Tough, Miss Neighbour, get on with the rest of your life!

That's what it sounds like to me . . . one or two neighbors who are unhappy that the Planning Commission didn't listen to them and overruled their complaint. I don't really see why the Daily Fail feels the need to make this into a story. The Matthews' are doing nothing wrong here.

In the U.S., you can do whatever you want on your property, no matter where it is located, as long as what you are doing doesn't disrupt the power or sewer lines and that the inspectors say the wiring and plumbing are up to code. The only exceptions would be if you live in one of those "gated communities" (or a condo or something like that) where you have to answer to a Board made up of other residents.

That's what it sounds like to me . . . one or two neighbors who are unhappy that the Planning Commission didn't listen to them and overruled their complaint. I don't really see why the Daily Fail feels the need to make this into a story. The Matthews' are doing nothing wrong here.

In the U.S., you can do whatever you want on your property, no matter where it is located, as long as what you are doing doesn't disrupt the power or sewer lines and that the inspectors say the wiring and plumbing are up to code. The only exceptions would be if you live in one of those "gated communities" (or a condo or something like that) where you have to answer to a Board made up of other residents.
Actually, that isn't entirely true. If you have a building that is listed on the national historic register or are in an historic district there are limitations and regulations you must follow here in the US. And sometimes what you can or cannot do on the exterior impacts what you can do with the interior because windows and door placements as well as roof pitch and building height are determined by the historical accuracy.

And there are some cities that have building height regulations - Washington, DC most famous of those. I'm not sure you have ever noticed but D.C. proper doesn't have high rises so that the monuments and main government buildings are the main focal points of the city. That is very much by design and law.

Let's get back on-topic, please.

In all areas of the USA I have owned homes, building permits were required for any outside and inside improvements. For something small like a bathroom addition, all neighbors with a radius of 1000 feet must sign off on this small addition if addition is slightly over set-back requirements. If a neighbor later realizes they are getting more shade than they thought, tough. Get over it. You cannot rescind your approval once started. I am sure that a City the size and population of London has very strict laws to follow. You have to be kidding that Pippa and James haven't followed the law to the letter knowing how many jealous idiots are out there ready to scream about them.

In all areas of the USA I have owned homes, building permits were required for any outside and inside improvements. For something small like a bathroom addition, all neighbors with a radius of 1000 feet must sign off on this small addition if addition is slightly over set-back requirements. If a neighbor later realizes they are getting more shade than they thought, tough. Get over it. You cannot rescind your approval once started. I am sure that a City the size and population of London has very strict laws to follow. You have to be kidding that Pippa and James haven't followed the law to the letter knowing how many jealous idiots are out there ready to scream about them.

I am in Los Angeles and this has been my experience as well - i have have done major remodeling and small jobs (i.e. bathrooms). they all require permits and sign off. I have also had to to deal with the coastal commission in southern california for energy efficiency. Neighbors are notified and may contest, but once it is signed off - it is legal.

They followed the rules, and had a disgrunteld neighbor - life happens - move on.

She is a private citizen, no public announcement. Until we see her with a baby bump or a baby shower for her being leaked, we wont really know.

I would like that to be true. But wasn’t there announcement about her wedding. The whole wedding was a carry on.

I would like that to be true. But wasn’t there announcement about her wedding. The whole wedding was a carry on.

The couple didn't make an announcement. KP made an announcement that the Cambridges would be attending the wedding.

Unless the Cambridges plan to attend the delivery or something, I don't see KP announcing it as they did the wedding :D

Will Pippa and James attend Harry and Meghan's wedding? Are they befriended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom