Pippa and James Matthews and Family 1: May 2017 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, according to the article, fellow shoppers were not thrilled w/ the dog(s) licking their toes. Is it allowed to take non service dogs into shops in London? I'm personally not a fan of dogs approaching me in places like shops, if I wanted to interact with dogs then I'd go to a dog park.
Regarding speculating about Pippa's future children, my son & his gf plan to not have children and seem confident in that choice and thus aren't upset if some one asks, so I fail to see why the subject would be inappropriate in discussions about the couple. I do dislike tabloid speculation based on a woman's weight or clothing choices along the is she/isn't she pregnant vein as that seems dehumanizing in a way, but I see that as an entirely different thing than wondering whether a couple plan to have children and if yes, when.

Your son and his girlfriend may very well be comfortable with it but many people aren't. I have friends who are constantly asked when they plan to have children and several of them are struggling with fertility problems and miscarriages- but don't want to disclose that over small talk with random people.

When you ask someone about their plans for children, you're asking them about so many things. Their values and goals, the state of their relationship, their finances, their sex life and their health. All things we would normally understand to be quite rude as a casual inquiry.

It's very hurtful to a lot of people when assumptions about children happen, so it's worth remembering when speculating about a celebrity that some topics that our culture treats as fine to speculate about are actually quite harmful.

Well it didn't make any money or very little because she didn't sell much
A bit like James marshmallows and I think there was cup cakes before that. Any way I'm off topic

My guess is that this company was never meant to do anything more than manage money received from her commercial interests. A legal/tax thing, not something that was ever a big deal.

Apparently, according to the article, fellow shoppers were not thrilled w/ the dog(s) licking their toes. Is it allowed to take non service dogs into shops in London? I'm personally not a fan of dogs approaching me in places like shops, if I wanted to interact with dogs then I'd go to a dog park.
Regarding speculating about Pippa's future children, my son & his gf plan to not have children and seem confident in that choice and thus aren't upset if some one asks, so I fail to see why the subject would be inappropriate in discussions about the couple. I do dislike tabloid speculation based on a woman's weight or clothing choices along the is she/isn't she pregnant vein as that seems dehumanizing in a way, but I see that as an entirely different thing than wondering whether a couple plan to have children and if yes, when.

UK has no laws about animals in businesses, even restaurants. Just regulations about contamination if food involved. It's up to individual business.

In Canada we have started introducing cat cafes. They actually have cats at the cafe for you to spend time with.

Lovely dress but wondering if either picture is from another day or editor is an idiot as usual. Claims she had both dogs in the store yet she only has Rafe. :ermm:

As for her business not sure why she needed a company to handle the money she made from basically her waitrose articles. Since her bloom flopped that was about it. No surprise few realized it existed.

Different rocks but same as! What is she publishing now?

The article mentions that Pippa is focusing more on her publishing with her Party Pieces book Celebrate and her columns in the Waitrose magazine.

The article mentions that Pippa is focusing more on her publishing with her Party Pieces book Celebrate and her columns in the Waitrose magazine.

In other words nothing. Good for her a wealthy husband means she can do whatever she wants. She's got a good life ahead of her.

Are we reading the same article :ermm:

The article says the company she closed was focussed on her book and her articles. Not that pippa herself is focussing on them.

Not sure how her book would need focus now. It was such a flop I doubt there is a call for a second.

Pippa and James Matthews: May 2017 -

Are we reading the same article :ermm:

The article says the company she closed was focussed on her book and her articles. Not that pippa herself is focussing on them.

Not sure how her book would need focus now. It was such a flop I doubt there is a call for a second.

Countessmeout, this was just a simple response to a poster who has asked me a question. Nothing to make a big deal over. I responded to her by reading the Daily Fail article that had been posted above which stated exactly what I had written. Now, in my defence, I had written the post late at night so naturally I might have skim read.
I don't normally respond to such posts of yours but I felt like I had to clear this mountain out of a molehill up.

Before you accuse me of being rude like you have done before, I'm not talking about all of your post. I'm referring to when you wrote "are we reading the same article" with the usage of that smiley :ermm: This was quite uncalled for in my view. A simple correction would've been much better and I wouldn't have had anything against that.

Now that I've defended myself I'm going to :hiding:

Last edited:

That book got trashed unfairly, imo.
It was aimed at beginners, and it had some very cute ideas for parties, etc.

However, you're right about no calls for any sequels.
I doubt Pippa cares. She is free to do whatever she likes.

That book got trashed unfairly, imo.
It was aimed at beginners, and it had some very cute ideas for parties, etc.

However, you're right about no calls for any sequels.
I doubt Pippa cares. She is free to do whatever she likes.

Well, she did have a sequel of sorts. Last year she released a heart healthy recipe book in conjunction with the British Heart Foundation.

The Food Network gave it a favorable review Food Network Staffer Diary: I Cooked Like Pippa Middleton for 3 Days | FN Dish – Food Network Blog

Is it possible that Pippa, when she gets pregnant, will have HG, like Kate?
Is it genetically inclinated?

Is it possible that Pippa, when she gets pregnant, will have HG, like Kate?
Is it genetically inclinated?

Yes, there is a genetic component. So Pippa would have greater odds of having it than a random Jane Doe. Still, it only affects about 1% of pregnant women so Pippa shouldn't fret too much unless it becomes a reality for her.

Does anyone know if Carole suffered from HG with any of her pregnancies? Is it only passed matrilinially?

Also, for what it’s worth, I think Pippa will be announcing a pregnancy very soon. She’s been kind of out of sight and quiet, and she and Catherine are so tight that I know they would love to go through pregnancy together. More cousins for the Little Cambridges!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, for what it’s worth, I think Pippa will be announcing a pregnancy very soon. She’s been kind of out of sight and quiet, and she and Catherine are so tight that I know they would love to go through pregnancy together. More cousins for the Little Cambridges!!

I think so too.
There's been lots of rumors that the sisters wanted to experience pregnancy at the same time.

However, I don't know that Pippa will announce it.
She is a private citizen, so why should she feel compelled to tell the public anything about her plans?

I think they're stalking her more right now because they're looking for signs of pregnancy. "Reckless Pippa bicycles whiles pregnant!"etc.

Makes me glad I don't click on their site.

The will continue to write about Pippa at least for the next 10 years or so.

It might lessen a bit when the Cambridge children (and Harry's as well) become young adults but right now, she is click bait. The Daily Mail knows that is readers will click on the article and shoot their venom at Pippa (she isn't anything special, why is she famous, how comes she doesn't work, what Miss Whirley said, etc.). Clicks mean more people are reading their nasty articles and they can generate tons of ad revenue.

It might lessen a bit when the Cambridge children (and Harry's as well) become young adults but right now, she is click bait. The Daily Mail knows that is readers will click on the article and shoot their venom at Pippa (she isn't anything special, why is she famous, how comes she doesn't work, what Miss Whirley said, etc.). Clicks mean more people are reading their nasty articles and they can generate tons of ad revenue.

Exactly! People question why such innocuous articles are even published; it's because each gets hundreds of comments!

Until the readers start ignoring the articles, they will continue.
It's all about the $$$$$$!

Pippa will remain getting attention from the press until her own possible future children are old enough to make interesting headlines about (Duchess of Cambridge/The Queen's niece/nephew spotted smoking a suspicious looking cigarette shock horror etc etc), but attention will intensify if she does become a mother. Daily Fail among others are obsessed with pregnant women. ''Pippa Matthews looking slim JUST 2 WEEKS after giving birth'' are headlines probably already in the making.

:previous: Yes, I think Dianas siblings were lucky that social media didn't exist when Diana was alive. The paps were no where near as bad as the attention now a days. Technology makes it more intrusive then ever. Pippa, and James if he ever marries, their kids will be the cousins of the future king. There will always be attention and speculation when they are old enough to be. We see some even now with Dianas nieces but not to the same extent. Really only her brothers kids likely because of his own reputation keeping him in spotlight.

Pippa unfortunately will face the most speculation about her body. Ever since the wedding she will forever be associated with her butt and other assets. And pregnancy will not end that only heighten in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its sad to hear something like that. I don't think there's anything on any of the Caribbean islands that hasn't been affected by Irma. Richard Branson rode out Irma in his concrete wine cellar and he said that Necker island is a total mess. Some islands are 95% inhabitable. This is a going to be a huge time for insurance companies I bet. No telling what it will do to Florida once it hits here in the US. At least its a Cat 4 now (winds are 2 mph under a Cat 5).

And Jose's on it's way as well. They'll just be barely starting the clean up to be nailed again. [emoji20]

I hope James' Parents are all right. The pictures & video out of the affected areas are beyond horrific. I was watching CNN last night & they were Skype-ing w/a reporter in Nassau in the Bahamas. They were checking in w/him every 15 to 20 mins & every single time, the wind had increased in strength. I hope he's okay.

I've deleted and edited a number of posts because of personal insults. These type of posts are not only against forum rules, but they're disruptive to the other members who are trying to stay on topic and carry on a meaningful discussion. As I've said before, you can disagree with another member without descending into personal attacks. If there is a post that violates one of the forum rules, please report it instead of disrupting the thread.

:previous:

I wish the paps would stop following Pippa on these everyday outings.

She has changed since the wedding though. Kinda like the light went out somewhere.

:previous:

I wish the paps would stop following Pippa on these everyday outings.

She has changed since the wedding though. Kinda like the light went out somewhere.

". . . the light went out"?? When she smiled at the paps she got criticized for looking like she loved the spotlight; now, she's just going about her every day business, not smiling like an idiot and you think a light has gone out. The woman can't win on any front with people like you around.

". . . the light went out"?? When she smiled at the paps she got criticized for looking like she loved the spotlight; now, she's just going about her every day business, not smiling like an idiot and you think a light has gone out. The woman can't win on any front with people like you around.

No, I'm talking about that I'm used to seeing that special sparkling Pippa. Not talking about anyone loving the spotlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom