Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 7: February 2008 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You must scroll down until you read: Sessans sommarhar, Spana i prinsessan Madeleines frascha nya frisyr.
www.improveme.se/magazine/3972.
I hope someone reads my posts and enjoys them.

I found another slide show, what I read, though my swedish is TERRIBLE, I think the title says, Madeleines pretty sommar haircut? Enjoy please.
www.improveme.se/magazine/3672.

Princess Madeleine receive 400.000,00 €uro from the Klambt-Mediengruppe for publishing false reports in the yellow press. The Klambt-Mediengruppe was sentenced to pay this by the Oberlandesgericht Hamburg.

Baden-Baden: Schmerzensgeld für Prinzessin Madeleine - Nachrichten | SWR.de

Principessa, do you know what the false reports were? I am pleased to see that they are being held accountable for their irresponsible journalism. I hope that Madeleine donates the money to a worthy charity.

Well, the usual stuff...Madeleine in love with Felipe, Madeleine´s heart being broken by Frederik...

Since the money will go to a charity, I won´t complain.
If she would keep it for herself, I´d roll my eyes until they would turn red ;)

German rags are an own genre and not serious journalism, but those, who read them, don´t want that anyway. It´s something you read at the hairdresser or in hospital...for distraction.
If me would be a princess, I wouldn´t sue them as that is IMO undignified and as I wouldn´t wanna take the grannies their illusions away...and as reaction the German rags write less about the Swedish Royals.
But tourist-wise Sweden was clearly profiting of "Silvia" and her endless covers in the late 70ties and 80ties...

Well, at least they are wise enough not to sue Svensk Damtidning, who IMO would "deserve" sueing as well.
Their stories are less "Madeleine suffers from depressions, but thanks god Felipe saved her and now they are engaged" ;) but borderline true...and that´s the tricky and dangerous thing. Their readers will blame the king till the end of his days for not liking Daniel...but so far none can really say, how their relationship really is...

Are there any photos of Madeleine regarding the libel case in Germany? Did she attend the hearing herself?

No, Princess Madeleine did not attend in person.

Princess Madeleine wins damages

This is a pretty big win for not just royals, but all celebrities. There were some comments made that the damages were so large as to give a lesson to other tabloids. If that is the case...good for them. And good for HRH for sticking up for herself.
News Link

Last edited:
Pics 26.8.2009

Princess Madeleine of Sweden during the opening of a Ronald
McDonald House in Linkoping, Sweden, August 26, 2009.

It's obviously been a rainy day, but the princess brought the
sunshine with her :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

Här röker prinsessan Madeleine – igen | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
None of the royal family smokes now, according to the informationschef Nina Eldh, the king has not smoked in many years.
But last winter princess Madeleine smoked with her girlfriends during a luxus weekend in the Stockholm archipelago. And Carl Philip has been caught with a cigar in his hand.
Madeleine was caught smoking at a restaurant this summer before the U2 concert. An eyewitness tells that she smoked in five or ten minutes. Nina Eldh would not comment on how the photos were received.

What the absolutely inefficient Nina Eldh actually said was:
“It is clear that one can perhaps say that there is an unwritten law that if one smoked sometimes, one would not do so in public.”
No, it’s not my translation, it sounds just as ridiculous in Swedish…
…and actually leaves it up to you to imagine that perhaps every member of the family does smoke in the end - just not in public.
Yet another example of Eldh’s complete lack of rhetoric skills.

Are there any updates about Madeleine's visit to the U.S.A yet?

I wonder ME too

Are there any updates... about Madeleine's visit to the U.S.A yet????????:sad:

Pics 14.10.2009

Princess Madeleine attends the game between the Los Angeles
Kings and the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden on
October 14, 2009 in New York, New York.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

How long is Madeleine in New York for? It seems shes been there for ages

Last edited:
I think she will be in NYC for a month.

I was wondering when we would see some photos of p madeline. She looks like a chic american girl in these photos. So pretty-

It's most unfortunate that all we get to know from this trip to the US (she has been in San Francisco as well) is the news that she received a suspicious package and that she went out watching ice hockey - thanks to the miserable PR work of the Swedish court...
...while in reality, this is a working trip on behalf of the Wotld Childhood Foundation (see the respective topic).
It's yet another wasted opportunity to not only correct Princess Madeleine's image but also to promote the non-profit organisation she is working for.

I really hate the P Madeline recieved the scandalous package- there are some real "nut jobs" out there. It sounds like, however the NYPD & US Just Dept are doing all they can to get to the bottom of it. I guess this sort of thing happens all the time, but its still frightening for Royals and their security in the world today.

I agree. It makes the US look bad. And I wish we would get more information about what she's been doing for WCF in the States.

It's most unfortunate that all we get to know from this trip to the US (she has been in San Francisco as well) is the news that she received a suspicious package and that she went out watching ice hockey - thanks to the miserable PR work of the Swedish court...
...while in reality, this is a working trip on behalf of the Wotld Childhood Foundation (see the respective topic).
It's yet another wasted opportunity to not only correct Princess Madeleine's image but also to promote the non-profit organisation she is working for.
Good point, we should hear more of the work she does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom