Prince Carl Philip & Emma Pernald, Current Events Part 3: October 2006 - January 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, I've never seen a picture of her, but she's a very beautiful girl. Very small.

This week's issue of "Se och Hör" claims that Carl Philip and Emma are getting married soon, before Victoria and Daniel, and that all the wedding-talk lately was about them. They base their story on the fact that Emma has sold her apartment, that's it. Does anyone have more information about this?
Se och Hör is the king of the gossip magazines in Sweden and they can make headlines out of anything really, so I don't take their "news" very seriously. But if she has sold her apartment, were is she moving? It would be weird if they officially moved in together before an announcement of an engagement has been made.

Aftonbladet: De får inte bo ihop
As it seems she just moved to an other apartment in Stockholm.

I am agreeing with you on Se og Hör. They indeed make headlines out of nothing or get proven wrong the other week ;) Quite a pity actually...as it used to be quite a good source on Royal gossip in the late 90ties...

Personally I am not getting "wedding vibes" of Carl Philip and Emma. They still seem so "unfinished" with their education or better said, they don´t seem, as if they have made decisions on their way of living, earning money, getting kids, already. But with a wedding ppl would expect them to "settle"
Well, I am biased...I want Victoria&Daniel marrying next year and not Emma&CP :D

Last edited:
Wow, you're good! I hadn't seen that article before and I usually keep up to date with Aftonbladet's royal "news". They are rather quick with news, but there is a lot of speculations and nonsence like parking-tickets in their articles. Nothing about the Royal Family's engagements. If you want news about them fast, there is no other way to go than to the Royal Forums!

I also want Victoria and Daniel to marry first, and as soon as possible. They seem ready to me, so why wait? If CP would marry and have children first, a lot of attention and pressure would turn from V and D to him and Emma, and I'm sure that's not what they want. I think they will remain outside the spotlight as long as possible.

Mabi Victoria abdicts. CP becames Crown Prince and marries... it definitley would be the biggest event of the century.

Well at least in Sweden

I agree, Emma and Q Silvia look similar, but I think it is more the hair color and the way that they tweeze their eyebrows. Maybe too much? :)

For the first time, I have seen Prince Carl's girlfriend, in how she looks like, pictures. She looks pretty and the picture with them together, them seem very nice together.

For the first time, I have seen Prince Carl's girlfriend, in how she looks like, pictures. She looks pretty and the picture with them together, them seem very nice together.

How long they stay together now??? 6 Years??? I heard they have problems the last time...

They have been together for eight (8) years!

Didn't Emma celebrate her birthday a couple of days ago? Anyways: congrats to her and maybe, if we're lucky, some pics will show up somewhere... ?

She celebrated her 28 birthday on November 3rd

Svensk Damtidning says, that she was on Alla Helgons dag (which was this year on the 3rd of November, right?) with the Royal family at the family graves.

Does the RF hold a church service each year at All Saints? i never knew that Lutherans did that too, Calvinists abolished these kind of celebrations completely. Nice that they allow Emma to join them btw.

Wow - I didn't know he had been dating the same girl for eight years! That's commitment!

I don't know very much about this couple. Can someone tell me a little bit about them? Do they have jobs?

8 years - so they are like old good marriage...

In my opinion she makes the same mistakes Madeleine makes: Too much fake tan and the fake fingernails.

On February 1st Emma attended the ELLE Gala at Grand Hôtel in Stockholm.
A little picture:
Mingel - Blivande prinsessa i vimlet!

The article points out how she has changed from avoiding the cameras whenever she was out with her boyfriend, to posing for them on this occasion. Judging by the language, ie. calling her "the coming princess", it seems that it is definitely being anticipated that something will happen soon. Emma was there to meet co-workers, and because she likes fashion.

The article points out how she has changed from avoiding the cameras whenever she was out with her boyfriend, to posing for them on this occasion. Judging by the language, ie. calling her "the coming princess", it seems that it is definitely being anticipated that something will happen soon. Emma was there to meet co-workers, and because she likes fashion.

I hope that Prince Carl-Philip does put a ring on Emma's finger soon. They have been dating for 8 years. Sure, I guess Victoria getting married first would be ideal, but how long will that take? Plus, both Victoria and Emma are getting older too. And heirs are necessary if the throne wants to continue on... Better that they let Emma and Carol-Philip marry on, it will take less pressure of Victoria as well.

Last edited:
Prince Carl-Philip is in Belgium. Picture of him and Princess Astrid you can found on her thread. Lovely pictures.

Prince Carl Philip and Emma Pernald attended their friends Otto Thott's and Ulrika Ringstrom's wedding that was held yesterday at Djurgården church.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
An article:
Expressen/Nu visar de upp sin kärlek... - Now they show their love ...
Reporter Johan T Lindwall met Carl Philip and Emma yesterday. He writes in his article that Carl Philip has been very angry about the written lies, that he has left Emma. He has talked about the gossip with his parents. He and Emma have been waiting a chance to show that they are still together, they showed it yesterday.
Expressen/De är kära och planerar sitt bröllop - They are in love and planning their wedding

Thanks LF; the rumours were obviously false indeed. Ms. Pernald must have been on holidays to the sun recently as she seems rather tanned for the middle of the winter.

Did CP tell the reporter that he was angry and talked to his parents about it all or is the reporter making things up? I seriously wonder if royals aren't immume to those kind of gossips, and they certainly don't want to waste a nice family dinner discussing them.

Like any gossip reporter, Johan T. tends to make up a lot of things out of here-say. IMO, there’s no reason at all to already hear a wedding bell ringing.
The only real comment Prince Carl Philip made on this occasion was that he wouldn't comment, adding: “It’s best this way” - whatever that’s supposed to mean.
He and Emma Pernald certainly made a point out of posing together for photographers on the way to the wedding which is rare.
If Emma Pernald appears tanned here, then it might either be a result of one more of her very frequent visits to the solarium, or of a holiday without the Prince as he has not been abroad since staying in Mauritius.

thats emma watson, in post number 82, shes the harry potter actress!

thats emma watson, in post number 82, shes the harry potter actress!
yes, that's happening to many IBL pictures lately. They are replaced by other pictures somehow. The IBL links used to show pictures of Emma Pernald once. ;)

I am glad to see photos of them together. They seem like such a nice couple. Emma's coat is really pretty, but she needs to put down the bronzing powder! Seriously though, they are still young. There is plenty of time for a wedding in the future. I'm just glad to see them happily together.

So they are still together! I suppose that answers all our questions. Thanks to all who shared pictures. I think Emma looks really cute here - a bit too orange for my liking :eek: - but this is actually the first time I've seen full body length pictures of her. Never realised she looked so small and sweet and..well...cute! :wub:

Now they're attending yet another friend's wedding. I wonder when we'll get to see them attending their own wedding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom