Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 3: January 2017 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since P Charlene visited SA in April I have been waiting for this interview to be uploaded. Here it is at last. The interviewer is Joann Strauss, former Miss SA and presenter of the magazine program "Top Billing".

Interesting interview - nice to hear Charlene explain a bit more about the thinking behind her Foundation and the various projects it's involved with.

I liked the little snippets of information about her childhood - and I love her accent. She has a nice soft voice.

Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 3: January 2017 -

What is interesting to me is how these two ladies remain completely professional throughout the interview, even though they are very good friends!

What is interesting to me is how these two ladies remain completely professional throughout the interview, even though they are very good friends!
They are gracious and well spoken and HSH Charlene seems focused on making a change. brava!

Yesterday, P Charlene visited the home Foundation Otto, a home for the old people, she brought her children with her

Nice-Matin Journal en ligne

Lovely children , i am pleased to read that the princely children are more and more involved in the public life in Monaco

The right link

Nice-Matin Journal en ligne

If the link does not work, click Monaco in the case edition

Article of press reader which publishs the article of Monaco Matin but with only one photo

https://www.pressreader.com/monaco/monaco-matin/20170820/textview

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice that Charlene was out with the twins on this engagement. Lovely to have these events during what is a traditionally quiet holiday time of year.

The twins are really cute, love Gabriella's little dress in particular. Charlene looks well - love her very blonde unfussy hairstyle - the contrast with the black is very striking and really suits her.

Lovely article. I think that seeing Charlene, Jacques and Gabriella was something that the residents particularly enjoyed and that it was real treat for them and that it was a visit that they will remember for a very long time!

We have indicated before that P Charlene does a lot of work "behind the scenes", attending engagements that are not covered by the press. We don't know if this is per her choice or just poor PR by the Palace team. But this is such an example. Melina p did well to find this in the Monaco newspaper, the only outlet (as far as I know), to mention this visit.

And I can just imagine how the elderly, who are so often forgotten and who can be so lonely, must have enjoyed seeing the little ones, the future of Monaco, and their beautiful mother. How this must have brightened up their day...

So....it *was* covered by the media... :flowers:

By the way: is this an annual visit? I think she visited the elderly in august 2016 too?

Last edited:
C4A is right, If I would not have published the photo published on the front page of the monegash newspaper, nobody would have known that Charlene visited the home for old people. I made a copy coller to publish the photo after other royal sites published it. As Monaco Matin is my newspaper, I could read the article and saw the photos. Perhaps we will have a video of this visit on Monaco Channel.
Last year, for her visit to the home for old persons, it was not published on the official page of FB but we could see the video of the visit on Monaco Channel and there were a lot of photos on newscom and purepeople.
Very often, we see photos of the presence of Princess Charlene 's events in the Monaco Matin but they are not published on the page of FB as the presence of the twins with Charlene at the launching of the electric bicycles , only photos of Albert on the bicycle were published on the official page of FB, only Monaco Matin published a photo of the family around Albert at this event, I am still searching this photo on the web.

Well, luckily for us you keep track of it :flowers: just like loads of other posters on these forums keep track of their media for us foreigners

Apparently the Monaco RF doesn't feel the need to publish more, or in other words P.Albert doesn't feel the need (i'm pretty sure that if P.Albert felt that more PR was needed there would be more PR)

Apparently the Monaco RF doesn't feel the need to publish more, or in other words P.Albert doesn't feel the need (i'm pretty sure that if P.Albert felt that more PR was needed there would be more PR)

It really wasn't well publicised - my friend who lives nearby was disappointed that she hadn't known that Charlene was going to turn up with the twins because she would have done a bit of groupie hanging around to catch a glimpse!

Lucky that sweet photo was released to the paper - the Palace could release more later on, I suppose. There is often a delay in these things...

I could imagine they didn't announce anything up front because they didn't want a crowd around the children while they are so young? But i ca imagine your friend would have liked a glimpse, hopefully she'll get a new chance some time in the future :flowers:

Those twins are beautiful little cherubs. Prince Jacques hair is almost white..I wonder how long they will let his curls grow??

^^^ previous

They are indeed little chrubs. P Jacques with his long locks reminds me of the prince from a fairytale. And P Gabriella was so sweet giving pictures to the elderly, not shy at all on this occasion. P Charlene looked well and happy too.

There is a VERY short report of the visit right at the beginning of the newscast on Monaco Info at the top of every hour.

Moonmaiden, I think until! he will go to the school, the men of the family like the long hair ( Andrea, Pierre when he was younger)
Personnaly I like the boys with cut hairs but I like the curls of jacques, it would be a pity if they would cut his hair

Here are the photos published by Monaco Matin, they are on instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYDU0i7ASk_/?taken-by=jacques_and_gabriella.

:previous: Yes! I agree with C4A and with melina premiere.

Prince Jacques with his long locks remind me of a little boy from a storybook, but he also looks very much like those 18th century paintings of Marie Antoinette's doomed, beautiful little Dauphin Louis-Charles. :sad:

And yes, it does seem to be Casiraghi thing for boys to wear their hair long!:whistling:

Aaaaaaawwww, so cute these two kids :)

Thanks for posting!

How adorable is Princess Gabriella...so natural and sweet with the elderly! She seems to be coming out of her extreme shyness. I think she is going to grow up to be a beauty. She looks very much like the Kellys.?

These latest photos released by the Palace are really lovely.

Jacques was obviously having a little bit of "a moment" - he looks a little tired maybe.

Gabriella is just gorgeous - lovely to see her helping Charlene out.

And these kinds of event are where Charlene just shines and comes into her own. She is just really relaxed and in her element at these less formal outings - she seems to let her guard down.

Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 3: January 2017 -

^^^ previous

Florestane, I absolutely agree with you. She seems much more relaxed and confident when she can relate to people and children on a one on one basis in a more informal setting. The picture where she puts her hand through her hair is just beautiful. I think she feels very self conscious at more formal occasions where she is all dressed up and with hordes of photographers in her face!

Maybe she is also a Princess for the people.

PS: wish they would show us the picture of the twins they gave to the residents!

Last edited:
adorable snaps. charlene is the picture of confidence and the kids look adorable. great for her to take them along, and king of brave as a child can be unpredictable (let alone 2 of them!), and she manages both kids with no ladies in waiting and in high heels. RESPECT, I say. :)

I really and truly wish that I was one of the residents, so that I could receive a photo from such an adorable and enchanting cherub!!!!!!!!

^^^ previous

Florestane, I absolutely agree with you. She seems much more relaxed and confident when she can relate to people and children on a one on one basis in a more informal setting. The picture where she puts her hand through her hair is just beautiful. I think she feels very self conscious at more formal occasions where she is all dressed up and with hordes of photographers in her face!

Agree about that photo - so spontaneous and unaffected, and that lovely infectious smile.

I also agree about the big formal occasions - she didn't used to be like that though so I just wonder if too much etiquette training from the stuffy courtiers has put her on her guard at those kinds of events.

Anyway, this was a lovely little bonus event at the height of the summer vacation and she and the twins are looking fabulous.

Looking forward to the picnic next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom