The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 7 (Jan 2007 - Nov 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know exactly when Maxima is due, but I have a feeling that it will be the last of this month or the first part of April, just judging by looking at her.:ermm: :ermm:

Kelly said:
Wow! was this also done for the other two princesses?

Well for Catharina-Amalia there was more ceremonial, as she is the Hereditary Princess of Orange.

Sunday December 7th 2003

Princess Catharina-Amalia was born in a bright winter sunday (7 December 2003) in the late afternoon. It became clear that a royal infant was born when an overjoyous and sweaty Prince Willem-Alexander appeared at the hospital window, to wave to the crowds outside. Picture.

Later on the evening all public and commercial tv-channels (and many foreign channels) breaked their normal broadcast for a live coverage from The Hague. First the Premier addressed the nation and officially announced that a royal Princess has been born and congratulated the princely couple. Picture.

In The Hague, the royal residence, the 11th Detachement Riding Artillery fired 101 gunshots in honour of the newborn Princess. They did it with great ceremonial in their splendid gala uniforms. Picture.

Then there was a live coverage from the Bronovo Hospital in The Hague. The visibly immensely happy and proud father showed his youngborn daughter to the world. Picture.

The youngborn Princess was dressed in a presentation gown which was worn by her great- greatgrandmother Princess Wilhelmina in 1880 and was laid on a presentation-cushion which was also used for the presentation of her great-grandmother Princess Juliana in 1911. Picture.

Monday December 8th 2003:
At sunset the flags were hoisted all over the Netherlands. In Rotterdam 101 flags with orange pennant were hoisted alongside the Meuse Boulevard. Picture.

Of course the flagging was nationwide. Picture. And Picture.

A special edition of the Staatscourant (State Gazette) was issued, see picture.

With joy I announce to you that
yesterday in the afternoon
my son Willem-Alexander and
my daughter-in-law Máxima
have become the parents of a daughter.

I share in their great happiness and gratitude.

Beatrix.

The personal arms of the younborn Princess were made public. Picture.
I and III: the lion of Nassau and the Netherlands
II and IV: the horn of Orange
Heartshield: the arms of the Zorreguieta family

All over the Netherlands the tradition of biscuit with aniseed was followed. In supermarkets (picture), at schools (picture), in offices, at home (picture), on the street (picture).

At noon, from the Fortresses in the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba gunshots were fired (picture). The same was done from all Her Majesty's naval ships all over the world (picture)

Tuesday December 9th 2003:
His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange went to the City Hall of his residence The Hague. The visibly still overjoyed Prince was received by the Mayor. (Picture).

In front of the Mayor, and with as witnesses the Premier-Minister and the Vice-President of the Council of State (picture), the Prince announced the names (picture). He said: "Her names shall be Catharina-Amalia -with an hyphen like in my own name- Beatrix Carmen Victoria". The Prince made a short explanation of the names to the press (picture).

The names and titles of the youngborn Princess is now registered in the municipal register of the city of The Hague (picture).

Later on the day the Post Service arrived at Noordeinde palace (picture) and delivered thousands and thousands of letters to the princely couple (picture and picture).

Wednesday December 10th 2003
The Royal Post issued special birth stamps to commemorate the birth of the Princess, with all the names and her titles. In no time the whole Netherlands knew her names because we saw it in all letters and cards (picture). The picture of the youngborn Princess was made by her father.

Later:
A special coin was issued by the Department of Finances to commemorate the birth of Princess Catharina-Amalia. The coin is made with a special hologram technique. At one side the Queen's profile, but at the other side the faces of Prince Willem-Alexander, Princess Máxima and Princess Catharina-Amalia appear when the coin is moved in various directions (picture).

Thanks for all the facts and info, Henri M.

Can anyone explain the "biscuit tradition" to me? And is it typical to release special post stamps for royal births, or again only because she was the Heir to the throne?

According to RTL Boulevard the crownprince and princess Maxima will receive several Dutch celebreties today, among them Lucille Werner (initiator of a beaty peagant for physically handicapped). I have no clue why they receive them as I didn't see the complete item on television. It will be a private lunch at Villa Eikenhorst btw, so no pictures probably.
I do know that Andre van Duin (comedian who celebrates some anniversairy this year) had to decline as he is in London.

OMG, I just watched that show in honor of the 40th birthday of the Prince of Orange and the little Princesses are so cute. You could see Amalia drawing (inside the borders) and you could see the little Princesses play. Also you could see a lot of WA & Máxima. WA was talking really open.

Thank you for the translation !!!!!! ;)

Princess Robijn said:
OMG, I just watched that show in honor of the 40th birthday of the Prince of Orange and the little Princesses are so cute. You could see Amalia drawing (inside the borders) and you could see the little Princesses play. Also you could see a lot of WA & Máxima. WA was talking really open.

The show will be online tomorrow at Uitzendinggemist.nl

Princess Robijn said:

An absolutely wonderfull,insightfull documentary on the Prince.I'm impressed by his knowledge on the various themes and the way he handled the interview and any of the situations as well as the footage,very relaxed and open.Oh and the footage of him with his family was adorable,Máxima has a great voice as a singer,she was singing children's songs to Alexia in english and spanish.A very promising future Monarch indeed.

I hope the link works,even tho most of the interview is in dutch,there's a lot of footage in english as well,and of course the family's life at the Eikenhorst doesn't need any translation,hope you enjoy.

http://www.nos.nl/nos/nosjournaal/artikelen/2007/4/27/270407_kroonprins_troonwisseling.html

or:

NOS.nl | Nieuws, Sport en Evenementen op Radio, TV en Internet | Nederlandse Omroep Stichting

Click on;"Portret van een Prins,Willem-Alexander 40" under mediatheek on the right.
:flowers:

Last edited:
I enjoyed every second! We will have a great king with a very sweet family :wub:

The Watcher said:
I enjoyed every second! We will have a great king with a very sweet family :wub:

Oh yes!!I absolutely agree!

Besides the meetings and visits,family life at the Eikenhorst was just adorable,Máxima singing,Alexia having a little tantrum and everyone sang and laughed,she stood aside from the rest,grumpy,then turned walked back and danced,she already knows how to pull a show,thought it was hilarious.:wub:

Glad all is on DVD(taped it) now,will watch it again tomorrow and I "fear"many times more...

;) ;) ;) Congratstulation to ( Prince Willem Alexander) with his "'40" year birthdays "hoera hoera hoera":lol: :lol: :lol:

Ropura

Nice documentary

It was a most interesting insight in the private and the public life of the Prince. The images from inside Villa De Eikenhorst with a singing Máxima and Princess Catharina-Amalia on the trampoline, an angry Princess Alexia and the eldest throwing an egg on the floor and just asking for a new one.

LOL.

I missed the grandeur a bit, the backgrounds of the State Visits, Prinsjesdag, the visit to Oslo, etc. It was a bit 'dry' on that part of royal life. The most significant quality of the Prince is his adaptability to changing situations, is ability to communicate with all sorts of people: from a sick child in a hospital to a ministerial bobo.

Also his relationship with his mother seems so important for him. When he offered her a book on the Orange Fund and its projects, you saw her glowing out of pride.

Some remarkable things were the ínformality in some commissions the Prince is a member of. And that the Prince's secretariate is two buildings away from Noordeinde Palace and not at Noordeinde 66. It looks like a whole series of buildings at Noordeinde Avenue is connected with the palace and serves as offices.

Yes. The Netherlands are ready for the Prince. And the Prince is ready for the Netherlands. But of course I do hope on many more long and happy years with Her Majesty!

Thank you for this interesting "visual document"! The Oranges looks as a great, unite family,and Princess Maxima confirmed the image I already had of her: the one of a very jolly woman. The Princess Amalia and Princess Alexia are every day more wonderful, and of course, the elder of the girls personnality is richer than when she was a toddler. Princess Alexia is still a little baby, but her own behavior is very different than the one of her elder sister. The will be very different as girls and women. This, you can easily tell.

As for Princess Ariane...Too little to say anything about her, yet! ;)

Vanesa.

The video didn't play for me :sad: Is there another link? I'm dying to see it!

could anyone make a video with just the family highlights? or just direct to which minute:sec the family stuff is out of the whole hour and a half!

Amelie said:
could anyone make a video with just the family highlights? or just direct to which minute:sec the family stuff is out of the whole hour and a half!

LOL, the family events are mainly in the last part, but in fact it is stuffed in between all the official and public events, to illustrate how a stable family home helps the Prince to fullfill his duties. So I'm afraid you need to watch and scroll the video.

i absolutely loved the video and would recommend everyone to watch it. some lovely intimate scenes at home with willem and maxima playing with amalia and alexia, maxima singing to them, and some easter egg painting. there are also some nice shots of villa eikenhorst's interiors and footage on events they attended and some really funny scenes (i loved the one with the elderly asking maxima who she was and her explaining she was "the frau of the kroonprins" meanwhile willem watches it at home). willem alexander also seems really at ease relating to people. it's a shame we can't understand what he says in the interview, but some parts are in english as well.

thanksss for the video is wonderful !!

This video is amazing! Thank you to all of you guys that brings us the best information and news about royals!!

The video is fantastic! Amalia and alexia are very lovely children.

Yes, a wonderful interview of the prince. I especially love the scenes with Amalia and Alexia. Seems Alexia has an artistic side to her!

Im trying to watch the video but it keeps pausing:bang:

I watched it .. It was very nice to watch, especially with the trip from Mongolia, and whenever Maxima as in it.:flowers: But I had expected a portrait of him, as in childhood, youth, education, marriage and family, current work and future. So I was pretty disappointed. I of course didn't understand a word of what they were saying, but it was still a pleasure to see..

Can it be put onto youtube? It is a lovely video the family bits are best! Amalia and Alexia are charming and Maxima an W-A are wonderful parents they all seem very close:wub:

In the meeting when W-A, Maxima and Queen Beatrix was present did I hear Maurits and Marielene mentioned? I don't speak dutch but I thought I heard their names. Can any dutch-speaking members confirm?

Last edited:
MissSaga said:
I watched it .. It was very nice to watch, especially with the trip from Mongolia, and whenever Maxima as in it.:flowers: But I had expected a portrait of him, as in childhood, youth, education, marriage and family, current work and future. So I was pretty disappointed. I of course didn't understand a word of what they were saying, but it was still a pleasure to see..

It was not meant as a portrait of his life but simply one year in the life of the Prince.

There are plenty of other videos with birth, child years, adolescency, his young years, engagment, wedding, fatherhood, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom