Queen Beatrix, Current Events 5 (November 2008 - August 2010)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to see it myself! They are advertising all over the city that the palace is open again to the public.

Nice that princess Margriet accompanied her sister!

Can't wait to see it myself! They are advertising all over the city that the palace is open again to the public.

Nice that princess Margriet accompanied her sister!

Yes,they have these beautifull posters all over town,love to have one....

It just looks stunning,all those 7 meter high chandeliers that were on the atticks of the various palaces collecting dust in total oblivion,
now restored.The carpets,the upholstery of the empire furniture,the art that is restored-cleaned.Well worth more then one visit.
This,and then next weekend the Hermitage.......marvelous!!

This evening HM attends the Poetry International Festival 40th edition in Rotterdam:

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy Robert Vos

I think it is fantastic that they were able to restore the chandeliers; especially since they sound like they were nearly lost due to so much neglect and damage over the decades. I am very sad that it wasn't open during my recent visit to Amsterdam.

Oh well...now I have another reason to go back!

I am really looking forward to seeing photos of HM at the palace during future events. Do you know if they plan to use it for royal events now that it has been restored?
Can you imagine the gorgeous photos of the royals in gala dress in the palace? They would be amazing.

Hi,

I am also thrilled to see Princess Margriet with her sister.

Marengo & Lucien:
This is 'off topic' I know but does Beatrix get along better with Margriet than Irene and Christine? Why do we not see these other sisters as much as Margriet?

Larry

Hi,

I am also thrilled to see Princess Margriet with her sister.

Marengo & Lucien:
This is 'off topic' I know but does Beatrix get along better with Margriet than Irene and Christine? Why do we not see these other sisters as much as Margriet?

Larry

Trix and Margriet are both busy members of the House and use this perticular Palace most,Irene and Christina made a choice and are no longer members of the Royal scene,House yes,Family no.So it isn't a matter of getting along,over the years all four sisters grew much closer.They get along great,no worry,it's just they no longer have any business in the scene,with the exception of family affairs ofcourse.:)

HM the Queen received HE the ambassador of Her Majesty The Queen of Great Britain and Northern Ireland,Lyn Parker,
on a farewell audience at Huis ten Bosch Palace,monday june 15th.
Het Koninklijk Huis

Normally we know at least the British , German and US ambassador but to be honest, I never heard of Lyn Parker (his predecessor Colin Budd was more well known), though the present german or US (do we actually have one?) ambassadors are unknown too.

16-06-2009 Slochteren Queen Beatrix visited the exposition 50 years Groningen Gas field, by the Dutch Petroleum Company )NAM in Slochteren.
The Queen revealed a sculpture made by Marc Ruygrok

PPE Agency

Normally we know at least the British , German and US ambassador but to be honest, I never heard of Lyn Parker (his predecessor Colin Budd was more well known), though the present german or US (do we actually have one?) ambassadors are unknown too.

Yes we do,HE the ambassador of Germany,Dr.Thomas Laufer:

Ambassade van Duitsland Den Haag - Startpagina

The US embassador,HE James B. Culbertson:

Ambassador

HM ambassador to The Netherlands,HE Lyn Parker:

HM Ambassador

HM will attend the concluding session of the World Council of Churches,Hydepark Conferencecenter,Doorn,wednesday june 17th.

Last edited:
Queen Beatrix visited the first fase of the Sculpture project 'Dorpsgezichten'' of the Foundation Nature Art Drenthe in Coevorden. 19-06-2009.
PPE Agency

HM was on a working visit to the city of Weert this afternoon.She landed by helicopter at the Philips van Hoorne army camp and had talks at the Royal Military School.

Last edited:
HM received HE the ambassador of the Republic of Turkey,Mr.S.Alpar,for a farewell audience at Noordeinde Palace today.

HM handed out the The Hague Prize for International Law to the former President of the International Court of Justice,Mrs.Rosalyn Higgins,
Peace Palace,The Hague:

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy Robin Utrecht.

Mr.Jaap Rost Onnes,former banker at ABN-AMRO (way before the crisis) and close friend of the Royal Family,
was awarded the Grand Honorary Cross in the House Order of Orange at Huis ten Bosch Palce,june 30th:

Het Koninklijk Huis

03-07-2009 Haarlemmermeer Queen Beatrix attended celebrations of 100 year Hoofddorp Concours Hippique (Vereeniging Vooruit) in Haarlemmermeer.
The Queen attended the European Jump final of the Young Riders.(bril/glasses)
PPE Agency

HM The Queen has conveyed her profound sadness and shock after the accident near Barcelona that killed 6 dutch late last night.

The bus in which they had visited Barcelona was on its way back to the Costa Brava as it missed a curve,got off the road and overturned.

Courtesy RVD.

(Government Information Service)

HM received HE the ambassador of His Highness The Emir of Qatar .Mr. Saleh Abdulla Saleh al Bouanin for a
farewell audience at Huis ten Bosch Palace.Monday august 17th.

HM received the ambassador of the Russian Federation,HE Mr.Kirill Gevorgian for a
farewell luncheon at Huis ten Bosch Palace.
Today,tuesday august 18th.

HM will receive the Credentials of TE

the ambassador of His Majesty The King of Thailand,Dr.Virachai Plasai

the ambassador of the Republic of Albania,Mr.Gazmend Barbullushi

the ambassador of the United States of America,Mrs.Fay Hartog Levin
(of dutch descent,welcome!)

Noordeinde Palace,Tha Hague,wednesday august 19th.

On thursday august 20th HM received HE the ambassador of Egypt for a farewell audience.

Het Koninklijk Huis

Het Koninklijk Huis

Last edited:
Queen Beatrix arriving at the Concertgebouw Amsterdam to attend the
concert of the European Union Youth Orchestra under the direction of
Vladimir Ashkenazy, August 19, 2009. The European Union Youth Orchestra
was founded in 1978 to promote cultural cooperation, unity and friendship
among young Europeans.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

HM will baptise the new vessel of Royal Wagenborg Transport at Delfzijl port today,on occasion of the 111th anniversary of the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom