Queen Beatrix, Current Events 4 (June 2007 - November 2008)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HM will pay a State Visit to Estonia from may 14th till may 16th.

HM will pay a State Visit to Lithuania in june.

Late april HM will receive HE President Lula da Silva of Brazil and Mrs. da Silva for a State Visit.

Later this year,probably in the fall/winter,HM will receive HE the president of Indonesia for a State Visit.
The visit was postponed last year due to Garuda Indonesia,the national airline,being on the blacklist of the EU thus not allowed to fly over/land in Europe.That problem might be solved this summer,so the president can come over on his own national carrier.:angel:

Last edited:
HM opens the new senior citizens home/care center for the elderly of indonesian/moluccan descent "Rumah Kita" at Wageningen today.

Another Queen I have a soft spot for. She is so animated and lovely! This photo is my favorite. It looks like she just plopped down at the table for a friendly chat, photographers be damned!

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Cat

HM will attend the hand-out of the "Geuzenpenning" today to mr.Martti Ahtisaari,former President of Finland,Vlaardingen.

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/ v/d Werf.

I never knew that Wageningen had many residents who originally come from the Dutch East Indies. I thought only The Hague had a large Indonisian community (The Hague sometimes was called 'the widow of The Indies') . HM has always showed a special interest in this group I think, even using a traditional Moluk christmas song at the end of her christmas speech a few years ago.

I never knew that Wageningen had many residents who originally come from the Dutch East Indies. I thought only The Hague had a large Indonisian community (The Hague sometimes was called 'the widow of The Indies') . HM has always showed a special interest in this group I think, even using a traditional Moluk christmas song at the end of her christmas speech a few years ago.

Oh yes,it certainly had that feel of tempo doeloe for a long time,loved it,and the "rijsttafel" even more....

There are large communities in other parts of The Netherlands,Wageningen,obviously,around Den Bosch/Bois le Duc
and the southern part of Limburg as well as in the province of Drenthe.

Het Koninklijk Huis

Last edited:
Well, this surely gives funny pictures, like this one and this one, HM in a giant mouth! The fist pictures made it to the cover of the 'Leidsch Dagblad btw.
The building looks intresting too, though it is immidiately next to the A44, and in an area that doesn't have much going for it, just small businesses and some leaking pre-fab student buildings (which looks more like a militairy kazerne than anything else).

And on another note, HM is wearing one fine hat, not as heavy as usual.

It should be an interesting museum though, probably mostly used by schoolchildren on their 'schoolreisje'.

The ambassador of the United States to The Netherlands,Mr.Roland Arnall,passed away - aged 68 - very sudden in the US today,
according to a spokesman of the US embassy in The Hague today.

Ambassador Arnall suddenly quitte his post last month,and officially resigned on march 7th,due to the severe illness of his eldest son
who suffers from Hodgkin and whom he wanted to support,and returned to Los Angeles immediatly then.

Last edited:
HM The Queen received some late support from the Orange associations about her christmas speech. In the preface of a guide for members of the association they say that the Queen as head of state has to look out for the interests of all the Dutch citizens, and she is above the political parties.

HM was on a working visit today to Bonded Labour in The Netherlands,Amsterdam.

BLiTN supports victims of human trafficking in The Netherlands.
Het Koninklijk Huis

A court in the city of Dordrecht ruled that a 45 year old man is sentenced to 4 months in prison for insulting Her Majesty.

He is also guilty of insulting police officers and members of the Salvation Army.

Last year,while drunk,he had the umptiest "contact" with both police and salvation army while he treatened and
said he hoped to blast "a bullet through HM ********head".

He was not found guilty for treatening HM due to his "constitution",i.e.,drunk as a skunk,at the time.

Courtesy HJA and his Royalblog:

http://www.royalblog.nl/

Btw,many interesting articles again,in english,under news summary.

HM has send a congratulations telegram to the Dutch Union for Hearing Disabilities,NVVS,due to their 100 year jubilee.

HM opened the new HQ of the Dutch secret service,AIVD,Zoetermeer yesterday.

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/B Boukes/wfa

On monday april 7th HM will receive the new Belgian PM Yves Leterme in audience.

Yes,she seems to have tripped over/gestruikeld badly.Also,she still didn't recover fully of a bad and very persistant cold,
she looks pale & not feeling good.

Hope she gets through the State Visit this thursday,she will ofcourse,but she's not her usual self right now.

12-04-2008 Amersfoort
Queen Beatrix attended the symposium " A half Century of real attention'' ( Een halve eeuw echte aandacht), Telephonic Aid in the last 50 years in Amersfoort.

PPE Agency
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
:dutchstandard:

HM received the Credentials of Their Excellencies:

the ambassador of the Commonwealth of Australia,Mrs.Lydia Elisabeth Morton,

the ambassador of the Republic of Peru,Mr.Allan Wagner-Tiz'On.

Noordeinde Palace,The Hague this morning.

HM will open the new HQ of the Royal Dutch Institute for Register Accountants,NIVRA,Amsterdam this afternoon.

On friday afternoon HM will open the new Beatrixhaven (port-) at in the northern part of the province of Groningen.

Sunday april 20th Her Majesty will attend the memorial service on occasion of the 300th anniversary of St.Mary's Anglican and Episcopal Church,Rotterdam.

Last edited:
HM,by Royal Decree of april 1st,appointed the leaving Supreme Commander of the Royal Dutch Forces,General D.L.Berlijn,as her adjutant extraordinair as of april 17th.

General Berlijn will take leave on that date.

The new Commander of the Royal Dutch Forces,General Peter van Uhm,was installed yesterday.
General van Uhm and his family suffered a severe blow overnight as his son,23 year old Lieutenant Dennis van Uhm,
was killed by a road-side bomb in Uruzgan province,Afghanistan today together with 22 year old private 1e class Mark Schouwink,
while two others were severely wounded,one of them critical.

My thoughts are with the van Uhm and Schouwink family,as well as the families and friends of the other victims.

Ministerie van defensie - Soldaat Schouwink en luitenant Van Uhm

Elsevier.nl - Nederland - Premier: Dood zoon Van Uhm 'ongekende tragedie'

Last edited:
Tsjech President Vaclav Claus will be received by Her Majesty at Huis ten Bosch Palace on monday april 21st during his one day visit.

Last edited:
HM opened the new Beatrix haven -(port) - in the province of Groningen today.

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy Royalimages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom