First child (a son) for Nina and Phillipos Greece around end of May
Might that not be quite soon?

Old 12-15-2020, 02:13 AM
Aristocracy

UK

Princess Eugenie and Jack welcome a boy;

Princess Beatrice and announce pregnancy, delivery in 2022;

The Duchess of Sussex settles her lawsuit out of court;

Megxit is confirmed. They exit the Royal Family and live in California full time. Prince Harry's military appointments are stripped but he returns to the UK for the Diana statue unveiling;

The York princesses take up part time working royal roles;

Fergie and Andrew get married;

Andrew skates the Epstein scandal, but doesn't return to public life;

Prince Philip has a quiet, for royal standards, 100th birthday celebration in Windsor.

Old 12-15-2020, 03:10 AM
Serene Highness

Expected Royal Baby Announcements for 2021.

Princess Beatrice
Lady Gabrielle Kingston
Duchess of Sussex.

I had wondered about William and Kate, but I don't think a 4th baby is on the horizon.

I think Monaco may well have some baby announcements (Prince Albert's nephew).

Definitely a wedding for James MIDDLETON.
Old 12-15-2020, 03:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Shouldn't that be Princess Eugenie not Princess Beatrice?
Old 12-15-2020, 03:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Shouldn't that be Princess Eugenie not Princess Beatrice?
Since she is grouped with Meghan and Ella who are not pregnant as far as we know, I do think angieuk meant Beatrice.

Worded a bit badly, should likely say pregnancy announcement, not baby (well could be both depending on when the pregnancy is announced).
Old 12-15-2020, 04:02 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
First child (a son) for Nina and Phillipos Greece around end of May
Do you suggest Nina is already pregnant?
Old 12-15-2020, 04:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Do you suggest Nina is already pregnant?
She made the suggestion on the wedding thread that she thought the bride was pregnant already. I guess a 'shot gun wedding' to avoid the scandal, was the thought to why such a small civil wedding and not wait.
Old 12-15-2020, 04:12 AM
Majesty

First pregnancy and later wedding?
Is it really a scandal in 21st century Europe?
Old 12-15-2020, 04:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
No. Not at all. And not one that would be hidden like it was.

The suggestion she is four months pregnant, and they rushed to the alter to hide her pregnancy, speaks of the old 'shot gun wedding scandal'.
Old 12-15-2020, 04:22 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you everyone; rushing out the door to work and trying to type at the same time!

Next Year; is going to be very interesting with the Royals.
Old 12-15-2020, 08:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Out of interest, would anyone be inclined to predict an engagement for Marius Borg Høiby and Juliane Snekkestad? They are young by the standards of marriage in Norway, but over the last years the family has been treating Juliane as a semi-official member of the royal family.

It seems many here are predicting a scaled-down 100th birthday celebration for the Duke of Edinburgh, but is there any tradition of grandly celebrating 100th birthdays in the British or other royal families?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
She made the suggestion on the wedding thread that she thought the bride was pregnant already. I guess a 'shot gun wedding' to avoid the scandal, was the thought to why such a small civil wedding and not wait.
Some couples marry during pregnancy for reasons other than avoiding scandal.
Old 12-15-2020, 09:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Out of interest, would anyone be inclined to predict an engagement for Marius Borg Høiby and Juliane Snekkestad? They are young by the standards of marriage in Norway, but over the last years the family has been treating Juliane as a semi-official member of the royal family.
It comes to my mind when I saw their recent family photo too. I won't be surprised if they are already engaged or even having private wedding without announcing it in future. (Of course it also could simply be Haakon and M-M are close with Juliane and want to include her in the family picture. After all it isn't an official picture I believe?)
Old 12-19-2020, 08:32 PM
Majesty

As for now - Reigning Royal Houses of Europe:

UK
Both Princess Eugenie of York and Zara Philipps Tindall will have boys.
Pregnancy announcements for: Meghan, Duchess of Sussex (girl), Princess Beatrice of York (girl), Lady Gabriella Kingston (boy), Flora Vesterberg (girl).
Engagements for Edward, Baron Downpatrick and Zenouska Mowatt
Low-key birthdays for the Royal couple.
Finalizations of divorces of Philippses and Snowdons.

Relatives: Philippa Middleton Matthews has a girl.
Wedding for James Middleton & Alizee Thevenet.
Weddings for engaged Spencer sisters with their respective fiances.

Belgium:
Engagement for Prince Joachim & Victoria Ortiz.
Princess Josephine who reaches adulthood decides to meet her maternal family.

Norway:
Engagement for Marius Borg-Hoiby & Juliane Snekkestad
Princess Martha-Louise & Durek will separate.

Sweden:
Prince Carl-Philipp & Princess Sofia will have a girl
Fourth pregnancy for Princess Madeleine & Chris O'Neill, another son (this will be their last child)

Monaco:
Pregnancies for all Prince Albert II's nephews who are married:
Louis & Marie Ducruet - a boy
Princess Caroline's children & their respective spouses - all girls.
Engagement of Jazmin Grimaldi & Ian Mellencamp

Luxemburg:
Third pregnancy for Prince Felix & Princess Claire - a girl
Engagement of Prince Louis & Scarlett Sirgue
Engagement of Prince Carl-Johann of Nassau and Ivana Jamin
Wedding of Prince Constantin of Nassau & Kathryn Mechie

Liechtenstein:
Weddings of Princesses Maria-Annunziata & Emanuele Musini and Marie-Astrid & Rafe Worthington, and soon pregnancies revealed - for Maria-Annunziata - a girl, for Marie-Astrid - a boy.

Non-Reigning Royal Houses of Europe:

Austria:
Second child for Princess Gabriella & Prince Henri of Burbon-Parma (a boy)
Boys for Archduke Imre & Archduchess Kathleen and Archduke Christoph & Archduchess Adelaide
Engagement for Archduke Alexander

Greece:
Wedding of Princess Theodora & Matthew Kumar and soon pregnancy announcement - a boy
If Princess Nina is really pregnant - a girl for her & Prince Philippos

Russia:
Engagement of Grand Duke George & Rebecca Bettarini on George's 40th Birthday.

Serbia:
Second children for Prince Philip & Princess Danica (a girl) and for Prince Michael & Princess Ljubica (a boy)
First child for Prince George & Princess Fallon (a girl)
Engagement for Prince Alexander

Bavaria:
Prince Konstantin & Princess Deniz will have a boy.

Non-European Royals:

Jordan:
Engagment and wedding of Princess Iman bint Hussein
A baby for Princess Rayiah bint Hussein & Fares Ned Donovan (a girl) [both their brothers are done]
Wedding of Prince Nayef bint Asem & Sharifa Farah Alluhaymaq

Morocco:
Second child of Moulay Rashid & Oum Khaltoum (a girl)
Engagement of Moulay Idris Filali

Bhutan:
A baby for Princess Euphelma Choden & Dasho Thinlay Norbu (a girl)

Japan:
Wedding of Princess Kako & Kei Komuro
Engagement of Princess Tsuguko

Brazil:
Engagement for Princess Maria Eleonora of Orleans and Braganza
Engagement for Princess Luiza of Orleans and Braganza
Wedding of Princess Maria Cristina of Orleans and Braganza & Gustavo de Arazane
Wedding of Prince Pedro Alberto of Orleans and Braganza & Alessandra Haegler Fragoso Pires
Second child together (her fourth) for Maria Francisca de Orleans e Bragança & Michael Anthony Whyte (a boy)
First child for Princess Maria de Fátima of Orleans and Braganza & João Fontes Soares (a girl)
Old 12-19-2020, 09:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Not in 21st century Europe necessarily, no. But rare for Royal Europe and for the Greek Royal Family.. .out of the question.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 12-19-2020, 09:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Not in 21st century Europe necessarily, no. But rare for Royal Europe and for the Greek Royal Family.. .out of the question.
Another relatively prominent non-reigning family had such an issue: Jaime and Viktoria announced their engagement in August (on the day Friso died - but that was announced later that day), got married in October and their eldest daughter was born in February the next year. So yes, in royal Europe the idea of getting married while pregnant (especially if a couple is serious about each other and 30+ (compare for example Louis and Tessy; and Henri and Gabriella who were much younger and made a different decision)) would make a lot of sense.
Old 12-20-2020, 04:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Another relatively prominent non-reigning family had such an issue: Jaime and Viktoria announced their engagement in August (on the day Friso died - but that was announced later that day), got married in October and their eldest daughter was born in February the next year. So yes, in royal Europe the idea of getting married while pregnant (especially if a couple is serious about each other and 30+ (compare for example Louis and Tessy; and Henri and Gabriella who were much younger and made a different decision)) would make a lot of sense.

Also Clotilde Courau was visible pregnant when she married Prince Emanuele Filiberto of Savoy in September 2003 (their older daughter was born 3 months later).

Old 12-22-2020, 08:22 PM
Courtier

A Sussex baby in the first quarter of the year.
Old 12-23-2020, 12:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Do you mean pregnancy announcement?

Meghan had a miscarriage some time in July of 2020. Most couples will wait a few months before trying again after a loss.

I am expecting an announcement this year. If they wait until around 4 months, I'd say around an April announcement with a baby in September or so. At earliest maybe a bit later.
Old 12-23-2020, 03:48 AM
Serene Highness

I normally wait for the 31st December for this but here is my predictions for 2021.

Monaco
- separation - Albert and Charlene

Denmark
I think we might see an abdication and crowing of King Frederick. Corona allowing.

Spain
I think we might see legal action against the ex- King and growing anger towards the royals in general. Possible appeal for a referendum to abolish the monarchy.

UK
Another children for Meghan and Harry - I expect the child to be born in the US before June 2021.
I expect several shocks to come out of the finalizations of Megxit - embarrassing for both sides. Settling of the court case in the UK as well. PR release will read something like " The Duke and Duchess of Sussex currently expecting their second child, now know that family should be their priority in this life and wish to place all their energy on their family and not occupy their time with hatred and negativity"
I expected that Andrew will talk to the FBI next year, talk - not send an affidavit.
There does appear to be something happening in the rest of the BRF. There is an undertone that many people have picked up on - if this is a ramble of something underfoot. It will either resolve itself or explode. Time will tell. Considering what the family has undergone this year, it can be expected.
I am concerned about the Earl of Wessex - he appears out of sorts for the last year. I am very aware that 2020 hasn't been the year most of us will look back with fondness. But it doesn't look like he is as eager as the royals appears to jump start 2021.
Old 12-23-2020, 06:23 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

This is supposed to be a light topic, a bit of fun really.

Apparently some posters can not help themselves into turning this into yet another stage for the poisonous & never-ending civil war on the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, seeking fault with their fellow posters/ the duke and duchess wherever they can.

This thread has now been closed.