The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 28: January 2020 - October 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress looks nice on Kate, but she is very slender.
I think it would make most women look dumpy.

Lovely look cool but professional love them both

It appears Kare spent a lot of time in the sun and it lightened her hair OR Kate spent a lot of time in the pool with the kids. Chlorine and hair dye do not mix well. OR maybe Kate highlighted her hair too much. Any one of these or a combination of 2 or more could make for the hair color. I do not believe it is just sunlight. These Ideas came from my friend a beautician. One last idea is the picture is photo shopped. JMOO I do like darker hair color on Kate.

It appears Kare spent a lot of time in the sun and it lightened her hair OR Kate spent a lot of time in the pool with the kids. Chlorine and hair dye do not mix well. OR maybe Kate highlighted her hair too much. Any one of these or a combination of 2 or more could make for the hair color. I do not believe it is just sunlight. These Ideas came from my friend a beautician. One last idea is the picture is photo shopped. JMOO I do like darker hair color on Kate.

This is Kate ten days before; https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ec07FEEXgAAzaEd?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

I see no difference to the picture taken on 24th July, except the camera angles and she’s in direct open sunlight which on a picture will make hair look lighter than it is.

You say it appears Kate spent a lot of time in the sun and it lightened her hair, but also don’t believe it is just sunlight?

I am not too keen on this dress, but it is an improvement on several that she has worn recently. I think her hair would benefit from a good cut too. I’d love to see a fresh look from her in the autumn.

Last edited:
She is wearing a crepe dress by Suzannah that she wore to Wimbledon last year. I prefer it this time, without the black belt on it she wore last time.

Not too excited, but its fresh and crisp. Nice for summer. :flowers:
https://whatkatewore.com/2020/08/04...new-initiative-helping-babies-young-children/

Her mask was from Amaia London, and is the Pepper liberty pattern.

The company supports the NHS charities together fund, by supplying 2 masks for every 1 bought.

https://www.amaiakids.co.uk/collect...ce-mask-pepper-liberty?variant=32480581976146

The other dress, the green private event look is her usual boring matron look.

Last edited:
Yes, very good choice and an improvement without the black belt.

I am not a fan of ‘designer’ masks unless they are produced with proceeds going to a good cause. I have noticed people in the public eye starting to sport these. It’s my personal view, but I think it is making a fashion statement out of something that is serious and that we are all in together. I stress I don’t include those wonderful handmade scrubs etc produced during lockdown.

Duchess of Cambridge visits Baby Basic UK & Baby Basics Sheffield as she helps staff unpack essential items for families struggling with newborns

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/0...evealed_how_in_recent-m-143_1596557497371.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EemuZpFX0AALjbn?format=jpg&name=small

And during a private visit to @BabyBasicsUK in Norfolk during lockdown

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EemxpdyXgAALy30?format=jpg&name=small

I love the white dress. Beautiful and elegant. I am not sure if I like the green dress but I love the color.

I actually like the green dress better than the white one.

Not a fan of the floral dress today...much preferred the lovely white/cream dress from yesterday!

LaRae

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 28: January 2020 -

I love the white dress. Beautiful and elegant. I am not sure if I like the green dress but I love the color.

That about sums up my thoughts.

Love the white dress. It’s simply, classy, and the black buttons add a lot. It’s also very summery.

The green dress- love the color, not so sure about the style.

It's amazing how better the white dress looked with the white belt than it looked with the black belt with which it was worn at Wimbledon.

Today’s dress with roses is simply awful. The top seems very tight and the waistline is too high for her, it doesn’t fit. Terrible vertical print also. The white dress fits better and she looks very nice with the mask, glad she finally wearing one in engagements

the waistline is too high for her, it doesn’t fit.

She has a tendency to wear belts above her natural waist to make her torso appear shorter & her legs longer. She has a very long torso & short (for her height) legs. Her long torso allows her to carry her babies so well when pregnant. I have a short torso & long limbs and looked like she did at 8 months when I was 5 or 6 months along!

I'm not the biggest fan of the dress, but I'm so glad to see them both smiling and happy that even the worst outfit would look great. And the earrings are simple and amazing.

Today’s dress with roses is simply awful. The top seems very tight and the waistline is too high for her, it doesn’t fit. Terrible vertical print also. The white dress fits better and she looks very nice with the mask, glad she finally wearing one in engagements
Please note the guidlines in countries are different. Members of BRF wear masks when it's required in the UK.

The dress has grown on me .. they are such a great couple though .. I just have to like the dress

Her hair always looks nice, even in the wind And her makeup. I do not always care for the fabric patterns Kate wears. This is one on my low end of not liking it. I do appreciate that she wears longer dresses as it is easier to get down and talk to children without showing everything underneath...that was before Covid! Jmoo

Lovely summer dress from Catherine. Would be a nice spring repeat too.

Oh dear, another nightie. Interesting ot count shots would hVe helped but those shapeless lumps dust and to the overall mesh. It's all jolly hockey sticks.[emoji969]

Last edited:
Her hair always looks nice, even in the wind And her makeup. I do not always care for the fabric patterns Kate wears. This is one on my low end of not liking it. I do appreciate that she wears longer dresses as it is easier to get down and talk to children without showing everything underneath...that was before Covid! Jmoo

I don't care for the dress either.
Those Beulah dresses often look dowdy.

(Though it's probably a practical choice for the occasion).

Last edited:
There are some Beulah dresses I like, but this isn't one of them. The color is good on Catherine, but the trim on the sleeves is awful and makes the whole dress look old fashioned, and not in a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom