The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 28: January 2020 - October 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The skirt is not for me kind of ruined the outfit,the jacket however is cute

I don't care for the fringe on the skirt and the jacket. I also think it is a shame that after 9 years she hasn't learned not to wear a full skirt on a windy day.

I love this on Catherine & the length is fine for her age & figure - glad she's wearing it again but it needs a weighted hem :)

Catherine looks great. The length is fine and looks better with tights (though she wouldn't be able to wear the dress without tights in the cold weather London is having at the moment!).

There can be a happy medium. Her skirt lengths look best at the knee or mid calf IMO

LaRae

I agree with knee length or just above, but mid calf no. I find her lengths below the knee always hit at an awkward point and are not flattering.

I love this suit. Dolce and Gabana but at least getting a few uses. A bit more modern then many of her day looks. Could use the pieces apart as well, to get more use. Like the buttons and fabric.

The shoes are her Rossi pumps she often wears. Jewelry are repeats too.

I like the colour of the coat, but I always like to see a coat fastened to get a real sense of the fit and style.

I'd wear that coat & I'm her mother's age. My daughter would wear it too. It's a classic cut, suitable for anyone & the teal colour is lovely. I'm seriously coveting that coat!

As far as I am concerned there can never be too much teal, so I am loving this color on Catherine. Since the coat is unfastened, that's about the sum total of my commentary on the coat, but the rest of the outfit looks fine for the engagement.

I'm a little late to the party this week so bear with me but...the D & G suit from yesterday isn't my favorite. It's fine, I guess, but she has so many outfits that I much prefer. I think for me it's something about the fact that she's very long waisted and so this particular cut/fit seems a bit odd to me. It's the exact same feeling I have when she wears that similarly cut purple suit. It looks perfectly appropriate for the occasion and the length and style are fine for her age, etc. it just looks like doesn't fit just quite right in the waist area.

As for today's outfit...I adore that coat. The rest of the outfit was fine and looked very appropriate and comfortable for what she was doing and her boots were cute but that coat...I adore everything about it including the color.

Love the whole look from today especially the boots [emoji7]

Catherine looks gorgeous and I like the coat on her a lot - thought it would be a lot worse judging from some of the comments here!

:previous: I haven't seen a negative comment except wishing to see it done up :ermm:

The coat is a fantastic color and style. I even love the booties.

But that shirt :ohmy: Sorry between the detailing and the neck she needs to give her grandmother back her shirt. It ruins an otherwise modern look.

Id
-top is by French brand Sezane
-boots by Italian brand Aquatalia
-earrings are a repeat, British brand Accessorize
Coat and jeans are yet to be identified.

Last edited:
This is a great look for the Duchess..smart and elegant...another coat i really want to have myself:D

I love this look! Today at the Holocaust Memorial event.

LaRae

A very elegant outfit. She looks great.

Catherine is at Evelina London Children's Hospital today she's wearing Dolce and Gabbana, a repeat outfit from February 2019.

February 2019 Outing

January 2020 Outing

I love this outfit. Beautiful print and color.

The Duchess of Cambridge at LEYF Stockwell Gardens Nursery and Pre-school in London today, January 29:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part **

I love the coat but not the blouse.

Catherine looks gorgeous and I like the coat on her a lot - thought it would be a lot worse judging from some of the comments here!

:lol: Yes I know what you mean. When I read the first couple of comments I was a bit surprised, but then I realized how much people really admired the coat.

I too love the look at the the kindy and her Holocaust appearance as well.... back to the kindy I am not usually a fan of that colour but I love it on Kate

:previous: I haven't seen a negative comment except wishing to see it done up :ermm:

The coat is a fantastic color and style. I even love the booties.

But that shirt :ohmy: Sorry between the detailing and the neck she needs to give her grandmother back her shirt. It ruins an otherwise modern look.

Id
-top is by French brand Sezane
-boots by Italian brand Aquatalia
-earrings are a repeat, British brand Accessorize
Coat and jeans are yet to be identified.

At a quick first glance I thought the top was a sweater and honestly, I'd have been really okay with that. Then I saw that it was really this blouse and nope, I'm not a fan. Still in love with the coat, though.

I really like the teal coat. The color is lovely and the style is a classic. But honestly, did she really need another coat in the blue/green family? The outfit under the coat is horribly inappropriate in my opinion. I wish she would spend some of her coat money on some classic cut trousers in neutral colors (for example: black, navy, grey, camel). She could get lots of wear out of them and would present a professional image instead of looking like she ran out to get groceries.

According to an article in The Telegraph, the coat was petrol blue (to me that's more blue than teal) & it's likened to Farrow & Ball's paint colour Hague Blue, which is on the walls of my conservatory & yes I'd love a coat in the same shade!

Duchess of Cambridge visited Mumbles and Port Talbot in Wales today, February 4, wearing an Hobbs coat and a Zara skirt:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

Last edited:
I like the blue and red ...not sure about the scarf, not sure I really care for that much. William needs some fashion help though!

LaRae

Again, a good classic coat style and color. Unfortunately, the coat looks like it is a little too small in places. Either that or she has more layers on underneath than the coat can accommodate.

Yes I had a similar thought...I love navy, but she's got navy and every other shade of blue already. Just wear those again.

LaRae

It's a very nice coat, and I like the little hearts on the scarf, although I'm not loving the scarf over all. It doesn't look tight to me, but I may not have seen some of the photos that show that. Navy is a good basic, so it doesn't ping my "another blue coat!" radar the way another powder or Wedgewood blue one would have.

I think she looks great.
It's a nice basic coat, and the scarf adds a note of fun.
(I often think she should wear more scarves).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom