Queen Mathilde's Eveningwear Part 2: September 2015 - March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it was an evening look, she could've done with a nicer belt. The belt she wore was too plain, too daytime looking. Or, the dress is pretty enough not to add a belt too.

I like the dress but her face looks so plastic lately.

Belt is distracting me a bit, but the dress is beautiful and I am usually not a lace fan.

March 8, 2016 - Mathilde in a lace top and plain skirt/dress during the state visit from Germany.

Not one of her best looks. The skirt color is off and dull IMO, the lace top color combination is aging. Strong colors suit her so much better.

Full view ** Close up

I like the whole appearance. Perfect hair different, and I liked the choice of tiara! Refresh our memory!

The dress on itself is nice but the apricot/beige/nude/what-is-it colour is not so much my liking. Frau Daniela Schadt, the partner of the Bundespräsident, managed to upstage the Queen of the Belgians, only by wearing a dress with a more eye-catching colour.

The dress she wore for yesterday's state banquet is a pretty old one! She has worn it before during the state banquet for the Greek President in February 2005!

** Full view February 1, 2005 **

The dress she wore for yesterday's state banquet is a pretty old one! She has worn it before during the state banquet for the Greek President in February 2005!

** Full view February 1, 2005 **

The skirt part has changed. In 2005 it was a chiffon dress/skirt, much nicer and softer IMO. Yesterdays version seemed like a heavier fabric.

Yesterday evening law key Her Majesty, upstaged by the President's partner dress and her SIL tiara.

I was a bit underwhelmed by queen Mathilde's appearance and I agree that she was upstaged by Princess Astrid and the German President's partner,the colour did nothing for Mathilde ,maybe a brooch might have added a bit of an edge to the outfit.

The dress is nice, but not very memorable or spectacular. The nude/beige isn't one of her best colors, but it goes well with sash. :) I like the hairdo and earrings.

The Queen has extra long legs , and this evening dress was not for her.

March 8, 2016 - Mathilde in a lace top and plain skirt/dress during the state visit from Germany.

Not one of her best looks. The skirt color is off and dull IMO, the lace top color combination is aging. Strong colors suit her so much better.

Full view ** Close up

The gown is stunning. The details are exquisite. One of my favorites.

The dress is nice, but not very memorable or spectacular. The nude/beige isn't one of her best colors, but it goes well with sash. :) I like the hairdo and earrings.

Same here. Dress so-so but Mathilde looked lovely.

Both dresses so far have been kind of meh:sad: I prefer the nude gown, though her dress and tiara were outshone by the first lady and Astrid respectively. The snake skin dress I don't like the style of the dress, and the color of is just okay. The nude gown had the style going for it IMO, just needed a different color. The snake skin needed help all around.

Not flattering at all!! A big miss for the Queen!!

It is not flattering to her and looks rather like lounging pajamas. There are other DVF styles that would look terrific on her, just not this one.

Not her style at all! It does nothing for her.

Mathilde's outfits is awful.

I'm not a fan of jumpsuits and Mathilde's is no exception, I'm afraid. The pattern is a little dazzling and there's just something a little odd about the jumpsuit overall. Mathilde's hair is lovely here however, as is her smile!

Our Queen has very long legs , so I also don't like her outfit at all.
This time not Natan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom