Queen Mathilde's Daytime Fashion Part 3: September 2014 - March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Mathilde's blue dress she wore on December 1. That shade of blue suits her a lot and the overall feel of the look is simple, elegant and professional. I love her shawl/cape and she wore on December 2 and her trousers are alright, though from what I can see, I don't think the blouse goes too well with the rest of the outfit. If it were white, perhaps it would've been a bit better.

Mathilde's latest outfit is nice, the coat isn't bad though I'm not so sure on the stripes. I love her dress, it's wonderful and the bright and bold colours suit Mathilde well. I don't think she has worn many patterned dresses like this one, but I think she should wear them more often as she really carries them off well. Personally I wouldn't pair a patterned dress with a patterned coat, as it's a bit overdone on the pattern front IMO. Today I wore a patterned top and cardigan as my friend thought I looked nice in it, but I didn't feel right wearing them together as they didn't work for me. Other people complimented my outfit too, but it just wasn't for me.

.Queen Mathilde in grey and pink during a visit to the Province of East Flanders today, December 5:
** Upper part with coat **

She is one of the few women whose looks are so strikingly pleasing that I never really notice or mind what she's wearing. This photograph is an example of her effect: I am drawn at once to that wonderful face. Nothing else seems to matter. :flowers: She wears her clothes, they don't wear her.

The colors are pretty, but there is just too much going on. I like the coat but I would prefer a solid color dress under it. The patterned dress is just not my thing. Mathilde looks so smart and elegant in simple one color dresses.

Okay she and Max are going out of their way to dress like something from a circus....that is one ugly coat in color. Loud colors do not look good on her, the cut is perfect yet the color not.

Queen Mathilde at a reception and lunch for EU Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso at the Royal Palace today, December 16, recycling her grey Natan dress with the special shoulder part, Queen Máxima owns as well:

** Full view ** Upper part ** February 2014 **

Looks perfect on her, like the black belt, nice to see her smile!

I like it more this time, it looks better suited on her, maybe it's because of the hairstyle, very elegant. Lovely smile

Queen Mathilde at a reception and lunch for EU Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso at the Royal Palace today, December 16, recycling her grey Natan dress with the special shoulder part, Queen Máxima owns as well:

It appears that TM are still observing a mourning period for Queen Fabiola with their attire today.

They are clearly still in mourning. I appreciate that...and the dress looks better now (I don't know if it's the hair or the black belt)

It's quite natural that they would still be in mourning for me, as it wasn't that long ago since Fabiola's death announcement and funeral. Losing a loved one is a very emotional experience and some go into mourning longer than others, particularly if they are mourning a close relative (think of Queen Victoria - but I doubt Philippe and Mathilde will go into mourning that long at all). It looks like the EU Commision President is in mourning too as his outfit is similar to Philippe's.

That aside, Mathilde looked wonderful and elegant. I love how the dress is simple but still manages to retain a sophisticated and professional feel. Her hair is great too and I like her earrings.

I don't like it- because of that side part.

The dress looks better now, than in February. Simple, but elegant look.
I really like her earrings.

I like the dress better now. She's absolutely wonderful :flowers:

She's added a black belt this time which looks much better than the gold one she previously wore. Mathilde looks every inch the Queen... regal and lovely.

She looks great! Thats a very nice and elegant black look.

I agree. :flowers: I am always - always - drawn to her face. With her it seems to me her clothes are secondary, in a good way. She is a very beautiful presence.

Lovely coat, it's Mathilde's style, and perfect for her while she is still in mourning, and a good match with Philippe's suit

It's a flattering look but somehow it makes her look so much older. The hairstyle doesn't help either.

It appears to be charcoal grey with black accents which is a difficult combination under the best of circumstances. She appears to be somewhat tired, which is understandable during mourning. Not her best look.

I love what she wore to the psychiatric center.

Queen Mathilde wearing a nice recycled jacket and pants combination at a meeting at the Royal Palace today, December 19:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Very lovely family, they are all pretty. I love how the girls are dressed.

She is such a beautiful woman. The only complaint I have about this outfit is her pants are a little short. How petty can I be?....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom