Princess Marie's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2007 - September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking a closer look at Marie's ensemble (here, here, and here) at the concert I'm not too fond of the jacket she wore with the pants (way too tight.) The cut of the jacket makes her hips as well as waist look incredible wide. Overall, thumbs down; very sloppy. And don't get me started on Joachim's suit. Is he color blind?

As for the hats: farmer's wifes in their backyards normally don't wear hats, even if there's a party going on.

If you have a closer look at Marie you'll see that under her jacket she wears a shirt that looks matching to her trousers from colour and fabric. So I guess she wore a trouser suit and added the jacket because of the weather.

I like the way she appeared today with Joachim, very relaxed and full of natural beauty.

As for the hats: farmer's wifes in their backyards normally don't wear hats, even if there's a party going on.

If you have a closer look at Marie you'll see that under her jacket she wears a shirt that looks matching to her trousers from colour and fabric. So I guess she wore a trouser suit and added the jacket because of the weather.

I like the way she appeared today with Joachim, very relaxed and full of natural beauty.
She may have added the jacket but it is still, IMO, a horrible outfit, she looks like she just got out of bed. And I don't think it was the day to be ' a natural beauty'. She should have made more of an effort. She looks as bored as her clothes. There's natural and then there's natural.:rolleyes::)

Last edited:
What has that got to do with fashion? :ermm:
Just their overall image??
Should I put it like this: PJ looks like a daddy who is all dressed up to take his rather underdressed daughter to school?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I actually like men wearing colourfull suits, but Marie isn't doing herself any favours with this set of clothes. Joachim do something about it, Marie is now an HRH. (But he is probably so in luuuuuuuv that he even would like it if she wore a paper sac....)

Maries sense of fashion has been, until now, and I'am also talking about her previous marriage days, very awful reagrding official duties, but I'am certain that in a few weeks she will change!!! She has to change and she surely is going to have a fashion adviser but she will chose her suits by her personal taste also so I think she will have a poor fashion sense ath the end!

Maries sense of fashion has been, until now, and I'am also talking about her previous marriage days, very awful reagrding official duties, but I'am certain that in a few weeks she will change!!! She has to change and she surely is going to have a fashion adviser but she will chose her suits by her personal taste also so I think she will have a poor fashion sense ath the end!

So far I had not the impression that she was poorly dressed. Understated, yes, but not bad quality or bad style. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder and really, as long as she dresses appropriately when on official duty or with other members of the RF then it's okay for me. We've seen later fashion icon Diana in jeans and t-shirt at Highgrove and out and about in the next village as well, so give Marie a break.

Lets hope she takes advice well, the girl needs it. She can only go up from here.

she looks like she just got out of bed.

I don't know about you and your habits but I prefer to sleep sans make-up, sans jewelery and without a braid, so Marie for me looks not as if she hadn't been to the bathroom this morning.

I don't know about you and your habits but I prefer to sleep sans make-up, sans jewelery and without a braid, so Marie for me looks not as if she hadn't been to the bathroom this morning.

Well, people do expect SOMETHING when they come to a concert where there is a princess present. I mean, we all have clothes like that in our closets by the dozen. Alexandra got it right from day 1, why can't she?? Apart from her gorgeous weddingdress, I've never seen her in anything really nice (and I don't mean expensive designerdresses, many highstreetshops have really nice stuff these days), so maybe she is the only French woman "sans sense du fashion"??:D

Well, people do expect SOMETHING when they come to a concert where there is a princess present. I mean, we all have clothes like that in our closets by the dozen. Alexandra got it right from day 1, why can't she?? Apart from her gorgeous weddingdress, I've never seen her in anything really nice (and I don't mean expensive designerdresses, many highstreetshops have really nice stuff these days), so maybe she is the only French woman "sans sense du fashion"??:D

But why do you think it is so bad? We didn't even see her trouser suit properly, so how can we decide is was ugly? And maybe Marie and Joachim are like duck couples with him the colourful part of the two? At least I remember some pics where Marie was dressed appropriatly (Tivoli-party, Fleming-christening, Balcony with Royal family) and Joachim wore terrible combinations with too colourful shirts. But if she loves him and he loves her?

As for her hair, it obviously was windy and a bit cold which hints at weather we call in summer the "backside" of a High, with winds and fast changing clouds mixed with bright sunshine. So I found her hairstyle suitable, have no problem with it.

Well, what is dressing appropriately exactly?? That red contraption she wore at the Queen's birthday was absolutely inappropriate (God, what a word to spell..), she outshone the Queen and even Joan Collins wouldn't have worn anything like that in her Dynasty days. The Tivoly dress? Yuck, yuck and more yuck (and tacky as well). Only the christening dress was nice, but then she ruined it by wearing black underneath. She most certainly has the budget for it and lots of time I suppose, but hey, you can't buy taste. I imagine she has had some "princess lessons" and clothing was almost certainly part of that. For the concert e.g. she could have worn a simple black and white pinstripe suit with a white blouse. Perfect for the occasion and no one would have complained. They really have to sort this woman out pretty soon, otherwise we have a Danish Sarah Ferguson on our hands. (Well, that would give anybody something to write about at least....:rolleyes::rolleyes:)

I hear you, but my point was that she looks disheveled:eek: as one does when they first get out of bed.

I hear you, but my point was that she looks disheveled:eek: as one does when they first get out of bed.

Really, it would be great to look like Marie did when fresh out of bed because that would save me a lot of time in the morning. :D

So far she doesn't look like she puts a lot of effort in it when she has to appaer in public. Not only she dresses rather uninspired to say the least, but her overall attitude is like she doesn't give a .... about it and is just happy to have landed her prince and her castle.

Marie does not look bad imo. I think the problem is the outfit is very bland colorwise. I do however think that she does dress very French. She always looks nice, never overdone, but not as stylish as Mary either. I think she prefers to be very natural. Plus, as a person you evolve over time. If she dressed in too many colors she and Joachim would clash!

Did anyone notice she is not wearing her engagement ring?

The hair does not bother me. All royals hair goes astray in the wind.

As far as comparing her with Alex, it's a matter of personal opinion. Alex to me always dress old and stuffy. To me Marie is much fresher and more approachable. I do think she will be playing it much more low key than Alex. I get that impression from interviews the couple has done.

Marie does not look bad imo. I think the problem is the outfit is very bland colorwise. I do however think that she does dress very French. She always looks nice, never overdone, but not as stylish as Mary either. I think she prefers to be very natural. Plus, as a person you evolve over time. If she dressed in too many colors she and Joachim would clash!

As far as comparing her with Alex, it's a matter of personal opinion. Alex to me always dress old and stuffy. To me Marie is much fresher and more approachable. I do think she will be playing it much more low key than Alex. I get that impression from interviews the couple has done.

Maybe she really is as naive as she appears in the interviews?? I am very curious how she 'developes' over time. So far, well, I'm not impressed.

Wearing a dark blue dress at the French embassy in Copenhagen

danishroyalwatchers.blogspot

I hope the Queen gives Marie plenty of time to grow into her role and find her own style and interests. Alexandra is a very tough act to follow but if Marie is given plenty of leeway in being herself then she will be just fine.

Now this is a much nicer outfit then the one from the concert. I know, its a different occasion, but a vast improvement. This dress is lovely, all one colour which is always safe and she looks nicely groomed too.:)

lovely dress indeed. i love that petroleum blue colour she chose - really elegant! maybe she is getting a fashion advisor as well, like mary did, or borrowing hers?

Lovely dress. Color suits her well. I like the fabric of the dress (silk) and the small ruffles at the bottom of the dress, adds a fun look to the dress.

and here is Marie today 27 June 2008 in a black & white suit

Lovely dress. Color suits her well. I like the fabric of the dress (silk) and the small ruffles at the bottom of the dress, adds a fun look to the dress.

and here is Marie today 27 June 2008 in a black & white suit
She reminds me of princess Letizia here. That is something she would wear, especially in the beginning, she wore thíngs like that.

I like the blue dress and todays outfit in Berlin.I am looking forward to seeing her in a hat,and in a gala outfit.

With regard to that trench coat she is wearing, Charlene appeared with the same one at the Grand Prix on May 24th. It is a plain one. I loved the black and white outfit and the hair.......It was an outdoor event and as was mentioned it was a windy day. Perhaps Marie likes conservative clothes, perhaps she is afraid to make waves since P J loves to be flamboyant so she tones her colours a bit.

I don't know if PJ can be called flamboyant. Imo that man has excellent taste when it comes to suits. Really a sharp dresser. It's not like he is running around in fur coats or so.

I think Marie is in need of some guidance and though I am certain this is a difficult transition she does need the same "royalising' that these other girls receive. She looks nice that's it nothing else time will tell here poor thing only what weeks in a role that will become lesser with time as her hubby said.

The [url=http://web.mac.com/stefdnk/royal/June_2008/Pages/Jun25-2008.html]blue dress[/URL] worn to the French Embassy was nice. Hate the black and white suit; totally ill fitting and that A-line skirt does nothing for her tiny frame; she's drowning in it plus it's a tad short. Should be a hint below the knee and taken in a bit so it's not so A-line bell shaped.

Finally, the short black, with shiney stars, deep neck with spaghetti straps cocktail/nightclub [URL="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/792093-post107.html"]mini-dress[/URL] she wore to a daytime wedding in Geneva recently... ghastly.:eek: What was she thinking?

Last edited:
The [URL="http://web.mac.com/stefdnk/royal/June_2008/Pages/Jun25-2008.html"]blue dress[/URL] worn to the French Embassy was nice. Hate the black and white suit; totally ill fitting and that A-line skirt does nothing for her tiny frame; she's drowning in it plus it's a tad short. Should be a hint below the knee and taken in a bit so it's not so A-line bell shaped.

Finally, the short black, with shiney stars, deep neck with spaghetti straps cocktail/nightclub [URL="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/792093-post107.html"]mini-dress[/URL] she wore to a daytime wedding in Geneva recently... ghastly.:eek: What was she thinking?
Once again, i agree with you totally.:lol:She looks like she is playing at dressing up. I did really like the blue dress though. That is the only redeeming outfit in my book.

I hope that she deep-sixed that ugly engagement ring - I don't think that it even goes with her wedding ring -
Joachim looks like he has no taste when it comes to jewelry or clothing -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom