Princess Marie's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2007 - September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching Marie, and any princess married to the second or third in line, I have come to a conclusion that these #2 princesses allow themselves a little independence and devience, when it comes to fashion. They are not always with atheir hair spot on, they can get away with a natrual hairstyle, whilst the CPss, always have to look the part and are carefully coifurred. Their dress fashion can be different, and they can get away with it, as they are not Queen in waiting. Cpss ave to look respectable at all times. Laurientine, is the most extreme example of the princesses of today, and Claire, Martha Louise, Even Princess Marina of Greece allowed herself to be more stylish and chic than the other English princesses of her time

Marie attending a Fashion show - wearing a new grey dress .

It looks very fashionable. The neckline looks great on her!
LOVE her shoes!

Marie at the Fashion Show

Last edited:
Marie attending a Fashion show - wearing a new grey dress .

It looks very fashionable. The neckline looks great on her!
LOVE her shoes!

Marie at the Fashion Show

She looks gorgeous! With all the brouhaha about the Olympics we almost forgot Marie. She is coming into her own. P J Should be very proud.

Well, I really dislike this dress, the colour especially, and the cut makes her look pregnant. But perhaps she is? :)

Well, I really dislike this dress, the colour especially, and the cut makes her look pregnant. But perhaps she is? :)

I don't know I love the dress the colour, the cut the way it drapes. It looks chic and very well suited to her body. Very classy, in my opinion.
( I saw so many low cut dresses this summer with breasts hanging all over the place a dress like this is a very refreshing change)

I actually like the dress on her, she looks really good. I don't think the dress makes her look pregnant, I think she is pregnant.

Princess Marie looked all right in a grey dress. It softly draped her body, thereby favourably showing her figure. It was very smart of her to opt for simple sleek hairstyle. Given the fact that I hate all kinds of tanning (natural and artificial), I do not like her tan.

I like this dress. She looks casual and chic. I also like her hair. This is a good look for her.

Too much tan, and too much cleavage shown.

Marie has a rather dark skin color (naturally) and just returned from summer vacations in France.
So, I really don't see a problem with her tan.

Last edited:
I think the colour looks horrible on her. If you are so tanned like her, stay away from colours like beige, silver and grey. They look tacky. She nevers wears something patterned doesn't she? I would love to see her in a flowery dress, I bet it looks lovely on her.

I guess everyone has different opinion,she looks fab and her tan looks natural to me,she doesnt look orange like some people do when they tan!

really dont like this last dress on Marie - the neckline is nice but the rest of the dress does nothing for her figure and has added fuel to the pregnancy rumours

Mary's tanning habit is getting worse and worse --- and to top it off, she looks like she is wearing a shiny, frosty body cream which almost makes her look like she has been exposed to nuclear radiation - it is really fake looking now.
The dress is a lovely style and would look great as an evening dress with a longer skirt BUT for a daytime event, it is too low-cut on the top and the color is too blah to go with her too tanned skin. She should wear more vibrant colors.

I must either go for glasses or get a new monitor. :bang:
She does not look anywhere near as ghastly as it sounds by some posters. She does not look overly tanned, orange or burnt. She is a brunette with olive tone skin what colour was she supposed to be? She looks smashing, happy and elegant.
For someone like me whose wardrobe consists mostly of black and white clothes I think choosing darker colours rather than brights is a matter of what makes one feel comfortable. You could not catch me in reds or fuschias even on a bet......perhaps Marie feels better in darker clothes.

The dress from the fashion show looks nice on her, but Marie needs to learn how to exit a car, like a proper lady, asap. Spread eagle Britney/Paris/Lindsey exits is something a princess nor any lady should do when exiting a vehicle.:rolleyes: I can see [URL="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/809733-post48.html"]her undergarments[/URL].

I agree picture #4 is most unfortunate. Hopefully someone will bring it to her attention and advise her to turn around and put both feet on the ground at the same time.

Haven't they told her how to get out of a car?? Some Swedish newspaper commented that she did a "Britney"! All in all, she looks awfull. And those tacky black slingbacks don't make it any better.

No need to be so harsh on her. She definitely did not look awful - and the same Swedish tabloid which felt inclined to call it a Britney do doubt usually stumble over their own legs with pure excitement each time their own princess 'Madde' appears in an almost non-existent bikini in their newspapers :glare:

Last edited:
I don't care what "Madde" wears in private. This was a more or less public event and I really hope she will wear something nicer and less cheap next time.

Well, as everyone can see she did wear something nice and not remotely cheap.
And if she did expose enough thigh to offend delicate eyes, I think she is entitled to a minor 'error'. After all, even born royals can do that.

No need to be so harsh on her. She definitely did not look awful - and the same Swedish tabloid which felt inclined to call it a Britney do doubt usually stumble over their own legs with pure excitement each time their own princess 'Madde' appears in an almost non-existent bikini in their newspapers :glare:

You know it is exaggerated when Ekstrabladet jumps on the board to defend a royal for their behaviour - and even compliments them on their legs :whistling: :ROFLMAO:

Apart from that out-of-the-car blunder I think Marie looks quite nice, the tan suits her skin type and looks natural on her, the dress is ok. I hope that we will see her doing her job as Danish princess sooner rather than later and that she doesn't become the socialite type princess with a french laissez-faire lifestyle, attending preferably car races or fashion shows.

Well, as everyone can see she did wear something nice and not remotely cheap.
And if she did expose enough thigh to offend delicate eyes, I think she is entitled to a minor 'error'. After all, even born royals can do that.

Excuse me for asking, but how can you tell that the dress wasn't cheap? - we can assume that it wasn't, as Princess Marie is wearing it, but to me it doesn't loook particularly expensive either!

Reading these posts and others regarding all of the ladies, I discovered that (surprise -surprise) personal feelings cloud our judgement.

There is a magazine that has a particular dress for example and has 2-3 ladies wearing the exact same dress and whoever buys that mag, votes as to who wears it best. If I take their heads off the photo, everything is the exact same.............But according to voters, one or the other wears it best. :bang:

I do not think Marie will wear a "cheap" dress. Or anyone of them for that matter. Some posters always surprise me with some of their comments. How did anyone decide that dress was cheap? What are the criteria used?
I'd love to know.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. While one doesn't like it another will. There is no need for anyone to explain their thoughts, comments, and so forth. Furthermore, let's not digpile your fellow members for having an opinion vastly different from yours, okay? Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom