The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 04:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes a lovely brooch, a nice necklace a belt...the cape it's just not doing it for me.

LaRae

Old 04-21-2018, 04:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

She dressed really nicely today. Her day dress is bordering on a summer dress, but it works with the dark blazer and dark shoes. And you can't go wrong with a cape.

Old 04-21-2018, 04:11 PM
Courtier

Yahoo News is reporting that Meghan wore that McQueen blazer back in February. So she's got it down to about $1000/wear.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Yes a lovely brooch, a nice necklace a belt...the cape it's just not doing it for me.

LaRae
Most of the cape style short dress and jacket I’ve seen aren’t belted. I think it’s part of the style for this round of cape. Meh on the brooch, but I think a pair of diamond chandelier earrings would’ve worked well. She doesn’t have access the jewelry yet, we’ll see what she gets as wedding presents and loans after the wedding.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

The black and green dresses are beautiful.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:19 PM
Courtier

This cape is marvelous! And the hair is at once not messy...
Old 04-21-2018, 04:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Most of the cape style short dress and jacket I’ve seen aren’t belted. I think it’s part of the style for this round of cape. Meh on the brooch, but I think a pair of diamond chandelier earrings would’ve worked well. She doesn’t have access the jewelry yet, we’ll see what she gets as wedding presents and loans after the wedding.
It needs something to define the shape...to me it's too poncho like...I've seen cape dresses I have liked really well, this one is just a little off for me.

LaRae
Old 04-21-2018, 04:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

I seem to be the only one not over the top excited by color. Maybe because when someone said 'if she wore a cardigan she would look like an englishwoman' and all that came to mind is: its something Kate would wear. Meghan isn't an 'englishwoman' even when she marries. I hope she keeps her own style.

The color though is lovely. And I love the blazer over it. Glad for a blazer, the structure, and not a cardigan. Great purse.

In love with tonight's look. Love cape dresses. Reminds me of Letizia

Love the shoes. They seem a shade different then the dress, even without a flash, but that's great. If you're not going to use a pop of color in your accessories, picking a slight change in shade works as well. Takes you from old fashioned (look like grandma) to more stylish.

Like Letizia, wouldn't mind a statement necklace. No need for diamonds. A nice costume piece could add some detail as well.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:46 PM
Courtier

I love the constellation handbag!
Old 04-21-2018, 04:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionMaven View Post
But wouldn't a cardigan completely bring down the look? I hear you on cardis being something an Englishwoman would wear (I guess?) but in this case, a cardi would take this look from lovely to "meh"?cut.

I don’t think there’s anything English about wearing a cardi. They are popular in the US too. I have a lot. Mostly due to the fact that it’s often times colder inside with the a/c running than it is outside where I live. Or it’s a useful add on in the mornings/evenings when it’s cooler outside. Last weekend I was clothes shopping, and there was a store that had cardigans in about 10 different colors- and that’s not unusual.

I like both the green and navy dresses. I’m not a huge fan of the cape fad, but it certainly is popular. I think some jewelry would have been nice to add to the navy dress, but both dresses are pretty.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:50 PM
Majesty

I think there was a blues/purple memo.

Meghan did fine on an evening when another person was supposed to be in the spotlight.

There are times where the family coordinates apparel. And covers up. This was one such.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:52 PM
Nobility

gorgeous dress i love it
jacket is the same she wore couple of days ago?
Old 04-21-2018, 04:55 PM
Aristocracy

I think Meghan, future Princess Henry should dress more traditional, more '80s wear.

She would look well in those '80s clothes.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al khansae View Post
gorgeous dress i love it
jacket is the same she wore couple of days ago?
No this jacket is the McQueen she wore a few weeks ago.

LaRae
Old 04-21-2018, 05:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Bakery View Post
I think Meghan, future Princess Henry should dress more traditional, more '80s wear.

80's wear Yikes, please no. Leave the 80's where they belong.

The future duchess should stick to her own style.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
The queen's birthday concert has just started. Meghan is in a navy blue cape dress:

Queen marks her 92nd birthday with gun salutes in central London | Daily Mail Online

My quibble is the shade of blue for the dress and shoes don't match.
That's only because the pictures were taken with a flash - which causes the lighter nap of the suede to be more prominent. In real life, the shoes probably match well.

We just need to see a shot without the flash - though it's not likely as the pics were taken at night.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Chic......
Old 04-21-2018, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Bakery View Post

This is a joke, right?
Nobility

Meghan finally looks as future duchess. Love the cape dress.
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I'm just not sure what I think about this cape dress. I love the color...but it needs something..it's like she's swallowed in blue. Belted waist? Long neclace?

Something.

Love the shoes and the bag and the earring...but I need something to bring more shape or something to the dress...haven't figured it out yet.

LaRae
Awww I thought this look was perfect and sleek. A belt might have been okay - an extremely thin one - but it also might have destroyed the elegant lines of her dress. The cape is a thin, slender cape and the dress as well.

I loved this outfit.

I'm not mad when Meghan chooses to wear her favorite neutral shades - she looks gorgeous in them.

I think Meghan's comfort zone is a minimalist architectural style in neutrals. I think she does color sparingly and as something "special" but not the norm.

I think she could have done a statement necklace - but that would have dated the look a bit. The way she wore it is perfectly now, with minimal jewelry. 5 years ago a statement necklace would have been fresh. Now it's pedestrian.

BUT - if Meghan can find some jewelers who do a more architectural and minimal style, she might do those - she just doesn't seem the type to go for blingy stuff.

Closed Thread