Fashion for the little royals Part 5: June 2013 - April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd much rather see Lou in clothes that look from the forties than her be dressed like she is actually in her forties :) only thing is some of her clothes look way small on her occasionally...and is just me or does she hardly ever wear pants or shorts?

Last edited:
I wonder how much of what she wears is Louise's choice? For all we know she's a girly girl and likes those clothes.

At her age she should be choosing her own clothes with minimal guidance.

At her age she should be choosing her own clothes with minimal guidance.

True. But that doesn't mean she picks what she likes. My niece (9 yrs) for instance, wears what ever she thinks will make her mum happy. Louise could be doing the exact same thing.

When I was that age (and it's true for me even now) I could give a hoot what I was wearing. I find fashion bothersome, I'm not saying that I look inappropriate, I just honestly do not care about clothes, etc.

I do like looking at the fashion threads here and see what dresses and such the royals are wearing (I have a weakness for looking at wedding gowns) but I feel very strange criticizing what a child is wearing. Lady Louise looks fine, she's a child.

No one has said anything particularly ugly or out of line about Louise or her wardrobe.

No one has said anything particularly ugly or out of line about Louise or her wardrobe.

No of course not!! I tend to ramble incoherently I need to clarify. I meant that I personally felt funny, that's all. I find no comments offensive at all, which is why I like this site. I meant for me. I apologize for my lack of clarity!:bang:

It's cool. I think Louise is a darling from what little we really know and dresses rather sweetly charming.

It's cool. I think Louise is a darling from what little we really know and dresses rather sweetly charming.

sweet and charming really do fit when describing Louise, she seems like such a delight:flowers:

Some of Louie's clothes aren't that bad. There are some clothes (particularly her dresses and the horrible coat she wore to Easter his year) that are not necessarily the nicest but there are some that look lovely. Her outfit for the Diamond Jubilee Service last year was lovely. It was a Marie Chantal dress with MC shoes, which looked lovely on Louise. I think at times she is dressed a bit old fashioned, but perhaps Sophie does that on purpose to keep the Queen happy. James is always dressed appropriately and in clothes that are contemporary. I just think Louise is dressed like many other girls of her rich background.

I think that perhaps Louise may like to dress in a fashion that is a bit more outdated. I think that most of the time, she looks really sweet, and age-appropriate. I loved what she wore to the Diamond Jubilee Service. Perhaps Louise is an old soul. Who knows...

I'd much rather see Lou in clothes that look from the forties than her be dressed like she is actually in her forties :) only thing is some of her clothes look way small on her occasionally...and is just me or does she hardly ever wear pants or shorts?

I've seen her in pants when she was at the Summer Olympics last summer, as well as at several Windsor Horse Shoes. I think we don't see a lot of her in jeans/shorts, because she's not photographed when running around, and playing (and nor should she be). I'm sure, like any other child her age, she has some clothing that is appropriate for playing, riding, and lounging around the house.

Moving on from Louise a moment, the opposite end of the spectrum in little Lalla Khadija of Morocco .....that child is nearly always blinged out in sumptuous kaftans and jewelry. It's awesome:)

As long as Louise is happy with her clothes, that's fine with me, they are actually cute but not something I'd like my kids to wear (if I have them one day), that's why I would also like her to use more the current trend as well, sort of a mix between the two. It's only just suggestions, nothing more :D

Moving on from Louise a moment, the opposite end of the spectrum in little Lalla Khadija of Morocco .....that child is nearly always blinged out in sumptuous kaftans and jewelry. It's awesome:)
Yes she is:D and she has her own Tiaras and Diamond headband:lol: Not to mention that she wore big diamonds (with gold I think) earrings last time:eek:

I think she is the only of the Royal little girls that has her own pack of jewerly (REAL I mean):whistling:

Last edited:
I think Louise dresses as an upper class English child. Also, maybe she is an old-fashioned kind of girl who feels more confortable with those traditional clothes. The most important for me is that she is always neatly dressed.

Could be....the only other one of similar age I can recall off hand is Margarita Armstrong-Jones. Are they comparable ?

Could be....the only other one of similar age I can recall off hand is Margarita Armstrong-Jones. Are they comparable ?

They are comparable. A lot of people on another Royal Forum have issues with Louise wearing white tights all the time. White tights are a typical item in a girl of Louise's status which are paired with Mary Jane shoes. Margarita wears them a lot.

Margarita + Margarita + Margarita + Margarita (This dress is horrible but it shows the white tights look!) + Margarita

Similar "old fashioned" styles going on with Margarita.

Louise and Margarita
This one shows their outfits at the Diamond Jubilee Service - both equally pretty but just different colours and styles.

She also appears to wear bows in her hair too, just in a different style than Louise. She and Louise are both girls who are of the aristocracy, hence they sort of have to dress in a certain way.

Last edited:
That is very interesting! thank you! And for Zara, Beatrice, and Eugenie, the same must have applied then.

By that reckoning MAJ is ageing out of that stuff....what's the next step in styles for posh tweens:)? I imagine it must be something like the clothes Princess Elisabeth of Belgium wears....well made, classy, conservative not too grown but not childish either.

Last edited:
There are lots of options for children 10 and above. Zara do lovely clothes for tweens as does Selfridges. They are likely the shops that Louise and Margarita's mothers shop for their clothes.

Just glancing at the Zara website, I can se Louise or Margarita in this coat: Coat

I really like it!

British Royal women go in three types, clothes wise:

Classy, elegant, appropriate: Catherine, Sophie, Elizabeth, Diana
Hit or miss: Beatrice, Eugenie, Fergie.
Unless it has hooves, don't care so much: Ann, Zara(but not all that bad)

Going by the mother daughter, Louise will be just fine.

British Royal women go in three types, clothes wise: Classy, elegant, appropriate: Catherine, Sophie, Elizabeth, Diana Hit or miss: Beatrice, Eugenie, Fergie. Unless it has hooves, don't care so much: Ann, Zara(but not all that bad) Going by the mother daughter, Louise will be just fine.
Wickedly accurate apart from Fergie who is more likely to "miss".

Amalia, Alexia and Ariane in identical grey dresses with a flower print at the wedding of Prince Jaime de Bourbon Parme and Viktoria Cservenyak in Apeldoorn today. The fabric is nice, but it's a bit too much grey for three little girls:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Back view **

Amalia, Alexia and Ariane in identical grey dresses with a flower print at the wedding of Prince Jaime de Bourbon Parme and Viktoria Cservenyak in Apeldoorn today. The fabric is nice, but it's a bit too much grey for three little girls:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Back view **

The dress is designed by Pili Carrera, is a ceremony dress, and probably the most expensive and ostentatious of the winter collection.

I think the error has been dressing the three girls with the same print dress, and especially the accessories, jackets look cheap and uncomfortable, and shoes and tights are very dark.

In the catalog the girl and the dress look better.

http://i40.tinypic.com/30mondt.jpg

The dress is very nice, but those three little girls are way too old to be dressed in the same outfit. Dressing siblings in the same outfits is one of my biggest pet peeves, I really can't stand it. I think the dress looks best on Alexia, perhaps Amalia and Ariane could have worn something else from the same collection?

It's time Maxima stops dressing them in the same outfit. It was cute when they were younger but especially Amalia. She's 9 now, come on.

I don't know....she is not even ten.If Amalia is sixteen and Ariane is ten and they are still dressing alike, then it will be strange. But they grey on little girls I don't care for. And what is going with the sleeves?....looks sloppy.

Last edited:
The dresses of triple A's are ugly, probably partly due to the colour, which doesn't suit to young girls at all. And the cardigans are hideous. And it is time to get different dresses to the girls.

Way too much grey for little girls. What were they thinking? It's a bit better without the weird cardigans, but still not really suitable. They should really stop dressing them the same. I've been wondering if the girls like and request it that way, but especially on a 9 year-old I can't really imagine she wants to be dressed like her two little sisters...?

The Princesses' outfits are a bit busy, they remind me of dresses Victorian children would've worn. Although they're starting to grow on me a little bit. However I do like their shoes and I don't mind their cardigans. I would've preferred to see brighter clothing on the girls, it's a wedding so I personally would've dressed them in pinks or purples.

I don't want to sound like a critic because The AAA's are only children, but I do think that Amalia is a little bit old to be dressing in the same outfits as her sisters, she'll be turning 10 this year and next year she'll be 11. However, as somebody in an earlier page of this thread said, perhaps they like dressing alike. I have friends with two children (who are similar ages to the AAA's) and they used to copy each other quite a bit. If one got in a cardboard box, then the other one would get in too. :D

Last edited:
The dress is a lovely dress, but I do not like the girls dressed the same all the time. I think similar dresses from the collection/designer would have been better. Maybe the girls like to be the same, and perhaps it's easier for Maxima to just dress them the same to prevent arguments but it is a bit cliché now that Amalia is nearly 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom