Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 13: December 2018 - July 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofia is not dressed appropriately for Easter Sunday Mass, imo. Her outfit looks like something she'd wear to go to the movies, or a sports event- not church!
I know she is very young, but her sister looks fine.
They are the RF in a Catholic country; they should make more of an effort.

Last edited:
I really like Leonor's outfit, both dress like teenagers now and not like little girls any longer. Sofia looks nice too but not as dressy as granny or her sister.

Sofia was the undressed of the all the ladies. It was too informal for a church service. Leonor's outfit is nice. You can never go wrong with blue and white. But I wished she had different shoes.

Is it me or Leonor became a lot taller since we last saw her? Sofia was definately getting taller than her sister. But it seems that Leonor caught up with her younger sister's height. Naturally, she's now entering her teens.

I think both girls looked nice. Finally dressed like the young teens they are. Nice to see pants for once, which I think adds to the feel of 'too casual' for some. Just because they are Catholics, doesn't mean they have to be wearing puffy dresses and easter bonnets from the 80s. I think the look would have looked less casual likely when she had her jacket on. The blue and white dress look was cute, I liked better.

Lady Louise looked lovely, but the for the fascinator. Another young teen.

I agree Countessmeout that Louise looks lovely today and I really like this dress for her. Not really a fan of her percher though.

Sofia was the undressed of the all the ladies. It was too informal for a church service. Leonor's outfit is nice. You can never go wrong with blue and white. But I wished she had different shoes.

Is it me or Leonor became a lot taller since we last saw her? Sofia was definately getting taller than her sister. But it seems that Leonor caught up with her younger sister's height. Naturally, she's now entering her teens.
I think that Leo has had a growth spurt in the last few months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sofia is not dressed appropriately for Easter Sunday Mass, imo. Her outfit looks like something she'd wear to go to the movies, or a sports event- not church!
I know she is very young, but her sister looks fine.
They are the RF in a Catholic country; they should make more of an effort.

Dress pants are fine for Catholic mass. This is the 21st century. The movies or a sports event would call for more casual attire than this.

Leonor and Sofia are the most beautiful girls of royalty! Leonor is really an angel.
Lady Louise goes horrible with that dress that makes her look like a 50 year old woman.
By the way, it seems that countries outside of Spain, are ultra conservative in religion, and that scares me a little. In Spain it is perfectly correct to go dressed informally to the church. In fact, it is what is usually done. The house of God is our house, not that of a stranger and that is why we dress without shrillness. It's a little scary to see how conservative they are in foreign countries, honestly.

Leonor is beautiful and Sofia every day more beautiful and tall. They will be two spectacular princesses. We are lucky in Spain because in addition, you can see the education they are receiving. I love your clothes today, but above all, that hair that you have inherited from your mother is a marvel.

I don't like Lady Louise's dress. It is shapeless and old looking. I Iike the little facsinator.
As for the Spanish infantas, Sofia is too underdressed. And Léonor coat is nice but for an older teen, around her 20ies

As for the Spanish infantas, Sofia is too underdressed. And Léonor coat is nice but for an older teen, around her 20ies

Once someone is 20 they are no longer a teen. I think Leonor’s coat is cute and very suitable for a young lady her age.

Last edited:
Once someone is 20 they are no longer a teen. I think Leonor’s coat is cute and very suitable for a young lady.
Correct she is not a teen In 20 ies. But actually she is 13.5 and this coat is more ladylike. I would see it for a 16 or 17, Lady Louise for instance.

The Swedish children with some cute looks for this year's Easter shots:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

And James, Viscount Severn in a typical teenager look on the grounds of Windsor today:

** Full view ** Upper part **

James is growing up

Cute pictures of the Swedish children

I think Sofia looks fine for a church service. As has been pointed out what she was wearing on Easter Sunday is similar to what many young girls her age (and older women) wear to church. Gone are the days when families got out their best clothes every Sunday morning and this applies to the RFs too. The only thing I'd say about this though is that her outfit does feel quite underwhelming in comparison to Leonor's, and whilst I don't think they should've worn matching outfits it does feel slightly strange that Sofia has gone for a more casual look whereas Leonor is very formal.
Louise looks very grown up in her high heels. She's turned into a proper young lady now! Love the Swedish children's outfits too.

Prince Louis on his birthday fotos, wearing two nice jumpers, the blue one is by Trotters:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Lovely jumpers from Louis. I used to have a lot of clothes from Trotters myself when I was a toddler since at the time it was my local hairdressers (young children can have their hair washed and styled in the shop too) since I didn't live far from Kensington Palace. Of course, when house prices in central London were much more affordable!

:previous: Mathilde's top is gorgeous and I like her very grown up makeup and earrings. She's blossomed into a beautiful young woman since she has been studying in Wales.

A real beauty !!! And perfectly dressed for this occasion !!! Philippe and Mathilde can be proud of her !

The younger girls look nice indeed. Amalia is in a matronly dress like last year. It is an akward age for girls to get dressed perhaps. She looks good though.

Last edited:
Gorgeous girls! I agree that Amalia's dress is matronly, but her hair, face, & make-up are just stunning.

I have to say I like Amalia’s dress but maybe I’ll be in the minority! The pattern is lovely.
Alexia looks so grown up all of a sudden, she is also turning into a real beauty!

Also Amalia is turning visibly from a girl into a young woman!

Princess Elizabeth and the two eldest Dutch Princesses seem to have grown and matured so very fast over the last twelve months. Maturing into lovely young ladies.

Actually the dresses of the princesses are terribly ugly. (..) Alexia has !! 13 years !! and she dresses like 40 ... That is only her parents' fault and it is very sad to see adult girls playing fashion when they would have to better understand their role as princesses.

I wasn't sure about Amalia's dress at first but it's growing on me. Her blue coat was the best part of her outfit though - it looks so beautiful and I wouldn't mind one for myself. I think Alexia's outfit is my favourite however; she's looking gorgeous in red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom