Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 10: November 2016 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Elisabeth in a white dress at a final of the Queen Elisabeth Music Competition yesterday, June 3:

** Full view ** Upper part **

That is a VERY cute dress. It's age appropriate and stylish. Good choice. I cannot believe she's 16 already. What a lovely young lady.

That is a VERY cute dress. It's age appropriate and stylish. Good choice. I cannot believe she's 16 already. What a lovely young lady.

I love this dress and I believe that my daughter and her friends would like it too.

I am not crazy about the dress but I love she is sung heels! she looks very pretty and drown up!

Elisabeth looks beautiful and so grown up! She's become a young woman already; time really does fly. Her dress is beautiful and great for a summer's evening. I like her high heels too, and it's nice that she's starting to experiment with them. I was her age too when I first started to wear them (although when I was about 8 years old, I took a pair of my mother's and pretended to be a fashion model and walk along the "catwalk" in them :D), and since I wore mine at a house party (totally different to Elisabeth's first time, haha) I really struggled to walk and dance in them, because they absolutely killed my feet to the point where I did actually take them off and dance around bare foot.

What a cute white dress. Very flattering and summery.

I started wearing heels around that age (twelve years ago) and I remember starting with smaller heels to just get used to walk with them. Plus higher heels do not really suits young girls (I know they use them, but it doesn't mean they're appropriate).
And she has such a graceful body and innate elegance :heart:

Around here, even to Sunday church, young women go from ballet flats to little kitten heels (barely a heal, little more than heal on mans dress shoes) by twelve or thirteen. By almost sixteen, definitely be a late bloomer. I agree real heels on young teens is not appropriate, but on nearly a sixteen year old, more surprised just starting to see a small heel now.

I get the feeling, for official events, they think they need to dress the girls really girly and traditional which some times comes off a bit young. In casual pics we get the teen Elisabeth in more clothes you'd expect a teen her age. This dress is lovely, and showing even in public events, they are allowing more growth.

Around here, even to Sunday church, young women go from ballet flats to little kitten heels (barely a heal, little more than heal on mans dress shoes) by twelve or thirteen. By almost sixteen, definitely be a late bloomer. I agree real heels on young teens is not appropriate, but on nearly a sixteen year old, more surprised just starting to see a small heel now.

I get the feeling, for official events, they think they need to dress the girls really girly and traditional which some times comes off a bit young. In casual pics we get the teen Elisabeth in more clothes you'd expect a teen her age. This dress is lovely, and showing even in public events, they are allowing more growth.

I come from a different generation than girls nowadays, who get to wear very high heels very soon (plus I have to say I never needed them particularly as I'm 1m75). Plus I think it's normal for Royals to dress their children in a more traditional way (even though they follow fashion trends in clothes) ...look at Lady Louise Windsor, she's 13 and has stopped wearing white tights in official events only recently.

I come from a different generation than girls nowadays, who get to wear very high heels very soon (plus I have to say I never needed them particularly as I'm 1m75). Plus I think it's normal for Royals to dress their children in a more traditional way (even though they follow fashion trends in clothes) ...look at Lady Louise Windsor, she's 13 and has stopped wearing white tights in official events only recently.

Yes and Lady Louise is three years younger then Elizabeth. At that age, that is a huge difference :ermm:

Lady Louise even has minor heels. :flowers:

Like I said I am not expecting high heels. But kitten heels are barely an inch if that. They are like heels on men dress shoes. By nearly sixteen, having her wear something other than flats is not shocking or trendy.

I don't care for the dress at all, it just doesn't seem "right" for Elisabeth.

But my oh my how pretty she is becoming. She is going to be taller than her mother eventually!:p

Savannah and Isla Phillips are wearing dresses by Rachel Riley, a designer that Lady Louise wore a lot as a little girl and George has been seen in.

Sheikha Al Jalila, 9 years old, attended Royal Ascot this year and she looks lovely. She looks so much older than her 9 years and she has beautiful hair, which is unsurprising considering who her mother is.

Day 1 + Day 1 full view + Day 2.

Last edited:
Estelle's white dress is very beautiful.

It's great to see Elisabeth experimenting with more "adult" clothes. I really liked the outfit she wore tonight.
Isn't Eleonore's dress the same one that Elisabeth wore here?

A little off topic: am I the only one thinking that Mathilde has started inches to her heels when Elisabeth is around? Lol
Anyway Elisabeth is really beautiful and has a great sense of fashion (plus she is really elegant and regal). And yes, Eleonore's dress has been previously worn by her older sister.

A little off topic: am I the only one thinking that Mathilde has started inches to her heels when Elisabeth is around? Lol
Anyway Elisabeth is really beautiful and has a great sense of fashion (plus she is really elegant and regal). And yes, Eleonore's dress has been previously worn by her older sister.
And I think the Daughters of Maxima have the same dress that Eleonore use it. Kudo for Elizabeth to stat to use some heels , at her age some girls use so much heels but hers are very appropriate!

Louise, Laetitia and Luisa all look great too!

Thank you, Marchesina. I had thought so - I knew it looked familiar.

Elisabeth is growing into a beautiful, elegant girl. I love the dress she's wearing!

And off topic, but I love that Paola has stopped colouring her hair. The white is very striking and flattering.

Nice casual outfits for the Belgian kids during two engagements at the coast today, July 1:

** Full view all 4 **

:previous: All four Belgian children look great and perfect for the event. I love that Elisabeth and Eleonore are wearing different shades of pink trousers. The Belgians do love their coloured trousers! It's a taste the girls have inherited from their father :)

The Norwegian children during the celebrations of Queen Sonja's birthday today, July 4:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Beautiful girls! C-A is almost as tall as her mother, and her younger sisters aren't far behind. Can't believe how grown up they're getting!

They're dressed age appropriately, neatly, and comfortably in their cute outfits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom