Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 6: October 2019 - September 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the same glasses.

A spare presumably.

I have read once than round glasses, without a heavy frame, gives the impression of being friendly, kind and non-aggressive.

The only thing I can think of is that when men are little boys they were told pink is for girls and blue is for boys. As in you wouldn't give a pink baby card to the parents of a baby boy.
And so perhaps as you grow up in the back of your mind is the thought that boys wear blue as beige or off white or cream is just too Blah!! Safer to go with blue.

Actually not so long ago, depending on location, pink was for boys (as a form of red) and blue was for girls (with the Marian associations)... so it might just be a matter of choice and time. https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PinkGirlBlueBoy

Are there any royal men who prefer pink?

In the second photo I think he is wearing too much grey hair. In the first photo he is listening to the IOC President and it reminds me of the time Frederik was elected to the IOC and I will never forget Crown Prince Willem Alexander of the Netherlands (now King) giving Fred a big bear hug, he was so elated by the news It is just a snapshot image that triggers the memory. You all know the sort.

The Duke of Cambridge in an eye-catching orange jumper during a message for Comic Relief:

** Pic **

How appropriate. How very appropriate for Comic Relief.

Naturally, William wouldn't dream of putting on anything but a blue slip-over, but here he is really pulling our legs. :lol:

Never thought I would see the day, william in a bright color. Perfect for the occasion.
Yes it's his usual uniform of a blue shirt and sweater, but the added color is great. Some actual thought into his clothes.

He has his mum's colouring. He could wear more of the livelier things she did, but he seems to prefer dull, for whatever reason. It's to the point where I'm happy when he wears beige/tan, because at least it's different. (Sigh. I'm just going to hang on to the bright pink shirt for awhile.)

The Duke of Cambridge in an eye-catching orange jumper during a message for Comic Relief:

** Pic **

:eek: It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!! (Osipi puts on her glasses) Waitaminute.... its *William* looking good and spiffy! Nevermind.... :D

Maybe Prince William has a really good sense of humour after all.

Maybe Prince William has a really good sense of humour after all.

An excellent observation! It just may have taken several years to develop with a little sense of humor developing at a time. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes maybe he is feeling comfortable enough to show his more humerous side publicly.

^^^^^ Or, maybe he's just colorblind. Orange suits the occasion but I'm not sure h knew he was part of the comic relief! [emoji2958]

I couldn't agree more! But there is time and both Frederick and Joachim have the occasional moment of 'inherited' flair.

Oh my goodness Prince Henrik!! What an adorable man and so brave.

Crown Prince Haakon visited the Red Cross in Asker today, March 25, having reached the age where matching clothes are fine ;)

** Full view **

^^^^^ Ah yes! I think I am so used to them they don't register as "different" any more. Frederick, Christian and young Vincent all have a subtlety different take on the same general style. The DRF certainly has dibs on Man Style.

I really like Frederik's shirt. Both the style and color. It's masculine in a subtle way.
Haakon and Daniel's pale blue shirts are just uniform items pulled out of the closet with little thought to style and composition. So the result is bland and forgettable. This demonstrates why a tie makes so much difference, when wearing a "business-uniform shirt".
Frederik on the other hand chose a shirt where you cannot wear a tie, so that works here.

Crown Prince Frederik definitely has a flair with color. He might like some of the bright colored suit jackets I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom