Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 6: October 2019 - September 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering some of the... eh... novelty outfits King Phillipe has been seen wearing, red pants can only be an improvement. :ermm:

No, please. No red pants for Philippe. I know the colors are his repressed-guy safety valve and I still have hopes Delphine will help him wear a colorful outfit that's less hard on the eyes, but I don't trust him on his own. :nonono:

He looks very nice in the softer/quieter color range and should maybe hang there for a while.

That's his treasured Julio Iglesias outfit. - It... looks better on the stage in a dimly lit karaoke bar.
I have often suspected King CG of harboring a secret dream of becoming a crooner.

Estelle's expression in the background makes it even better.

He did want to be a construction worker at some point. Perhaps there's a whole set of Village People in there? (for people to meme him with)

An event-appropriate jacket. Welcoming athletes.
Wearing red pants in a... noticeable... rusty-red hue.
The hue of the blue is good, strong, refreshing and a very good contrast to his white shirt. Marine-blue/navy-blue? Royal-blue is a bit darker, right?
The belt is a nice detail. Belts don't always have to be black or brown.

The glasses softens his look, making him more approachable. Probably unintentional though.
His I'm-the-slightly-abscent-minded-high-school-teacher-who-has-no-idea-my-students-are-swooning-around-me look. - As demonstrated in the instructional video posted below.
But I suspect it can make some soft in their knees. ;)

Frederik pulls it off very well. :cool:

His belt looks to be blue and red and like those little bead type thingies.

:previous: Frederik is certainly pushing the boat out this Summer. Perhaps he feels the world needs a little more light-hearted fun and appreciation of the joy of life. Then again he may have had an epiphany and decided to follow in his father's footsteps.

Then again he may have had an epiphany and decided to follow in his father's footsteps.

I don't quite get the sense that he is quite up there with his father's sartorial taste's just yet, but lets watch the position carefully to see how this all evolves. ?

Prince Joachim attended the play Jean de France in Copenhagen yesterday, August 10, wearing a good combination of different shades of brown, matching shoes and jacket with lighter trousers:

** Pic **

Prince Joachim back in France with eye-catching shoes, I can hardly remember having ever seen a man with red shoes :D

** Pic **

They work on him, though. Perhaps Fred and Jokke inherited a double dose of sartorial color through both parents?

:previous: The mind boggles! :wacko: Perhaps they are "doing their bit" for mental health, lockdowns and pandemic depression. If so, who needs clowns when we can all sit at home, admire their flights of fancy and dissect whether or not what they are wearing is a positive choice, :blink: run out of summer clothes that don't clash, or the power was off when the braved the dressing room and they had to get dressed in the dark. ?

The polka dot bow tie actually works.

You have to admire a man that can wear a bowtie with panache, and a polka dot bowtie to boot. Even the colour was made to compliment Silvia's ensemble. :flowers:

Yes, the polka dot bow tie looks very smart indeed. Maybe the King will be able to encourage Prince Daniel into wearing a similar one in the future.

Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg wore a nice light blue polo shirt when the Luxembourg royal family vacationed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom