Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 2: April 2016 - October 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so good to see a man of over 80 still interested in his appearance and wanting to make a splash. Prince Henrik, you are the master! As for Harry, I give up in despair! My only hope is that any new romantic interest will throw the blue suit in a charity bin and take him shopping to some good tailors as he's clearly not going to do it himself.

:previous: Yes, and even the PET guy is dressed for the occasion. :cool:

:previous: Wow, you said it! The very idea of William even featuring on a best-dressed list is the stuff of great comedy. :ROFLMAO:

:lol: Prince William second best dressed man in the UK????:ROFLMAO:

I noticed Prince William's blue suit made an appearance on the worst dressed list. :whistling: Maybe Will can give poor Borris some pointers on how to class up his blue suit to change lists.

So the blue suit made it onto the 'worst' list and William himself is second on the best? Does the blue suit do engagements on its own? (It's been round the block so many times, I guess it does!) He did buy some fresh casual stuff for the India tour, but really, these lists are a joke when they feature men who clearly aren't interested in clothing, tailoring etc! :ROFLMAO:

So the blue suit made it onto the 'worst' list and William himself is second on the best? Does the blue suit do engagements on its own? (It's been round the block so many times, I guess it does!) He did buy some fresh casual stuff for the India tour, but really, these lists are a joke when they feature men who clearly aren't interested in clothing, tailoring etc! :ROFLMAO:

I agree and was amazed William even got into the top 10 best dressed, let alone second place. Even with casual wear, William plays it safe and conservative, although always smart.

:previous: Wow, you said it! The very idea of William even featuring on a best-dressed list is the stuff of great comedy. :ROFLMAO:

Totally agree. It's given me a good laugh this evening. :ROFLMAO:

It has to be a joke.

William the fashion icon.:lol::lol::lol:
'Recycling' the blue suit with the brown shoes, very fashion forward.:D

Matching the main colour of his cap too. Very smart. I wonder whether the trinket was purchased on his recent European trip?

I am horrified by the comments about William on this thread. Men's fashion may not be as "exciting" or varied as women's fashion, but it is still of interest to some of us. Also, IMO there are a lot worse examples of men's fashion out there than William.

And while you may not realize, William's suits are well-tailored and well-made. And I'm reminded of that scene in "The Devil Wears Prada" when Miranda has to give Andy a lesson in how there are subtleties in fashion that are missed by the untrained eye but absolutely shape what the rest of us wear. Sorry to let you down, but that's exactly what happens with the clothes that Harry, Philip, Charles and, yes, William wear, along with the men in the celebrity world.

I don't think, however, that either William or Harry are very interested in their clothing and probably regard going to their tailors as a pain.
I feel that Charles is interested in his appearance, the cuff links, silk handkerchief etc shows that, but the care doesn't seem to have been inherited by his sons.

If it had been we would see a selection of suits and jackets from the brothers (in different shades) and also those innovative little touches that make an outfit interesting and which we see with the Danish princes and others. Harry sometimes has cute ties, but that's it, and if I see much more of that blue suit they both wear I'm going to be ill!

Well, William and Harry may like the blue suits. So does PH BTW.

Here is a photo of him from today, but while William may be justifiable called a bit dull in his blue suit, that is not the case with PH!
Interesting sixpence :cool: and necklace-brooch-whatever it is.
http://ekstrabladet.dk/incoming/qby...p600/prins-henrik-aabner-fredensborg-baadfart

Well there is blue and then there is Blue :ROFLMAO: William may be a tad more interesting if he wore Henrik's shade of blue :lol: But I don't think Will could pull it off with the same flare as Henrik.:cool:

:previous: Yeah, I think William belongs to the majority of men where clothes only serve three purposes:
A) Keep warm.
B) To be able to walk around in public without being arrested.
C) Providing somewhere to put your hands.

- And there is no known cure. :p

This is where the wife comes in. Kate, just like Mette-Marit, needs to take over and dress her husband for him. He will grumble a bit at first but that will pass and after a while he will get used to automatically putting on what is laid out on the bed for him. He'll be happier too you know. :)
I know many married men (William or Haakon-types where the wife has taken over) who firmly believe socks and underwear grow in drawers and who haven't got the faintest clue about how many shirts they have but turn to their wives for the answer.
Because if Kate does not intervene, William will within a few years discover the dreaded camping-tuxedo :scream:and then he will wear that on the job, to funerals or for a stroll and it will be impossible to get it off him!

For those who are unsure what a camping-tuxedo is: http://media.temashop.dk/catalog/pr...d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/9/8/camping_habit_b_1.jpg

I don't believe women should take on the task of dressing their husbands. Men are adults and are responsible for their own choices and should be held accountable for them. And, frankly, as boring as William's choices may be, I think he would do well to rely on his own decisions, since I don't have much regard for Kate's choices about her own clothes. I think William would be better off seeking his father's advice.

Yes, perhaps Charles could loan one of his valets to William!

:previous: Indeed. :)

Prince Charles is setting the standard. Also when he was younger.
http://cdn.styleforum.net/c/c3/c3ae8fc1_wenn4141755.jpeg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/72/0c/ab/720cab7440dc3cc50f91b6df01e2bb27.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/0b/8f/70/0b8f70fbf0553ec737145a7c8c27f051.jpg

Or William could simply start watching reruns of Hercule Poirot to learn how a gentleman dress.
http://www.thebookeaters.co.uk/thebookeaters/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/poirot8bg.jpg

Wouldn't hurt if Haakon was abducted by PC's tailor either... :p

:previous: Its the casual version of his blue suit :lol: Sees camera time almost as often. Has 2 though, one with a bit of a V-neck.

You mean there are two blue sweaters, I seriously thought there was only one.

William, like the vast majority of royal men, looks crisp, elegant and well-tailored at his events and appearances, with appropriate clothes that befits his position. Not sure why he's singled out from, say, Willem-Alexander or Felipe or Daniel as a particular object of scorn in this thread.

http://www.stylebistro.com/Prince+William/lookbooks

:previous: Don't worry, we'll cover them all eventually. :p

And as practically all the royal men covered here either don't care at all about how they dress or dress with a twinkle in their eyes (just look at PH) I think we can safely write about them and have a little chuckle at same time.

Even the best dressed among the royal men, Prince Charles and the Duke of E being two, don't come across as vain, they just like being well-dressed IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom