Crown Princess Mathilde's Daytime Fashion, Part 5: June 2012 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks quit nice, and the shoes are okay given the more informal style of the dress.
I'm sure the dress looks better in person. I find it disturbing on the eye and difficult watch, like the photograph is out of focus. Perhaps it is just my old eyes. :whistling: The shape is good though (of the dress).

Those are actually the first two outfits I liked on her so far on the Haiti visit.
Did she wear this purple outfit to an official photoshoot once?

Last edited by a moderator:

For a visit at the Gynecology-Oncology department at the hospital Universitair Ziekenhuis UZ Gasthuisberg, Leuven, today, December 13, Mathilde has recycled her dress with stripes from October 5:

** December 13 ** October 5 **

I'm sure the dress looks better in person. I find it disturbing on the eye and difficult watch, like the photograph is out of focus. Perhaps it is just my old eyes. :whistling: The shape is good though (of the dress).
I was glad to see your comment about the stripes and their effect on your eyes. As soon as I saw the picture, my reaction was - that makes my eyes go funny!

Mathilde late in the afternoon at the annual Christmas concert, December 19, looking good in a red velvet dress with matching red accessories:

** Full view **

Mathilde late in the afternoon at the annual Christmas concert, December 19, looking good in a red velvet dress with matching red accessories:

** Full view **

Love the entire look.
I dont think it is a dress but a skirt and blouse.

The outfit is reminiscent of those my mother wore in 1980s. The cut and velvet are not my cup of tea. I like richness of the ruby red colour.

Mathilde looks fantastic! That velvet dress is so beautiful.

don't like her hair parted in the middle but the dress is very nice.

** Full view **

The dress is stunning and she looks very pretty, but I think she should have chosen another colour for her accessories. Especially the purse looks too much.

Crown Princess Mathilde in grey and yellow during a visit to the Province of Brabant Wallon today, December 20, 2012. I'm not the biggest fan of grey-and-yellow-combinations, but the yellow is a nice fresh choice.

** Full view ** With a coat ** Upper part ** Close up **

Mathilde at a New Year's reception in Brussel today, January 9, 2013 - wearing a dress and a golden jacket - we've seen the combination before last October during the economic mission to Turkey:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up ** October 2012 **

not a great outfit, it was somehow a bit better outdoors in Turkey

and she needs spanx or something similar or someone should tell her to tuck her tummy in

iceflower said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally the Duchess looks very elegant but not sure about this one.

I think the jacket and the dress are horrible! Even more horrible put together!

I liked it slightly better with the hairstyle from Turkey, but still an odd combination :ermm: I think the dress is actually pretty, but not with that jacket.

The dress is from Dries Van Noten

I like it because it is different and must love she is wearing Dries Van Noten.
Bbut prefer the look without the jacket.

Not like the outfit ,,, nothing's is suitable !!! ,,, only the thing nice is the hose & shoes , nothing else !!

Simply awful, it would be difficult to dream up something so unflattering.
She looks as big as her MIL in the pix.

not a great outfit, it was somehow a bit better outdoors in Turkey

and she needs spanx or something similar or someone should tell her to tuck her tummy in

Yeah, she's got that I've-had-four-kids-look.

She should burn that dress.

I do like the golden jacket very much. I do not like the dress very much. And the combination I find horrible indeed. I dont think that this dress gives much credit to the jacket. The same kind of fabric as the jacket for de dress would be much nicer i.m.o.

The jacket and shoes...too matchy matchy. The jacket also cuts her at a bad spot, which I think is making her look bigger (well the dress isn't helping there either) than she really is.

The whole look just gives me a head-ache.

For a second New Year's reception today, January 15, Mathilde has recycled the Natan outfit she has last worn on December 3 and that Máxima owns as well:

** Today ** December 3, 2012 ** Máxima **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom