Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 12: April 2013 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress is beautiful but not a fan of the shoes. I agree a different coat would have been a better choice.

My thoughts exactly, Emmily. The coat just isn't dressy enough to go with the dress. Her hair looks lovely.

Love all pieces but for me, nothing matches. Coat doesnt work with the dress, shoes dont work with the dress. Make up far too heavy for my taste, hair colour looks very fake.

October 27, 2013 - Mary in a gold/beige lace embellishment dress matched with the white coat and Valentino heels.

I don't get why Mary had to ruin the lovely dress with the white coat which looks like a lab coat to me. She would've looked nicer without it and used a shawl. I love the Valentino heels but I don't like it matched with the dress. Great hairstyle and the earrings look nice with the outfit.

Full view ** Side view

All pieces are nice, but separate. Nothing matches here, the coat does not look good with the dress, and the shoes are wrong with the outfit, too. Make up a bit too heavy.
Also the dress looks a bit too tight, it's not the first time I've noticed that. It seems to me many times Mary chooses dresses a size too small.

Not her best appearance.

I find the dress should be one size bigger, too. I've noticed the same problem with a number of Mette-Marit's dresses as well as some of Victoria's and Maxima's. Perhaps these ladies are trying to be EVEN smaller than they are, which is a shame.

Royal recycling

October 27, 2013 - Mary in a gold/beige lace embellishment dress matched with the white coat and Valentino heels.

I don't get why Mary had to ruin the lovely dress with the white coat which looks like a lab coat to me. She would've looked nicer without it and used a shawl. I love the Valentino heels but I don't like it matched with the dress. Great hairstyle and the earrings look nice with the outfit.

Full view ** Side view

Same shoes and coat from a couple of days ago. I think the coat could have been a last minute 'chilly weather' choice

I find the dress too thin; you can see her thighs through it! - And I would prefer not to!
Well, if her thighs are the same colour and embroidery as her dress then yes, you can see her thighs. Same thing would happen in any dress in the same situation . . . unless it was a 19th century crinoline! :ermm:

She didn't/couldn't take her entire wardrobe with her. Cut some slack for someone on tour.

I think she took along everything she wanted. Had she wanted to wear something else, she would have packed it.

Full view ** Side view

Not a fan of the coat, but may have been worn because of the weather. Personally am not a fan of the shoes, but if she likes them, why not!

Like the whole outfit even with the white coat. She looks pretty as always.

Full view ** Side view

Mary looks elegant and sophisticated in those photos. The dress is lovely and the white coat is alright, although there's something off about it in my opinion. It doesn't ruin the outfit however. Mary wore the same coat and shoes whilst she was visiting the Opera House a couple of days ago.

She looks great I thinkl it is an elegant look

That white gown is so beautiful. Very elegant and stunning.

Mary looks stunning in the white gown. It's a different look and I like it. Love her earrings...

Lovely dress that she used first in 2009 for a state visit to Vietnam and in 2010 to Philippe's 50th birthday
The Royal Watcher

Finally!! I 've been waiting so long for her to recycle this dress, it's absolutely gorgeous and she she looks absolutely gorgeous in it:wub: FANTASTIC!

The white gown is one of my favourites. She always looks divine in it.

Lovely dress that she used first in 2009 for a state visit to Vietnam and in 2010 to Philippe's 50th birthday
The Royal Watcher

Like I said in Mary's Daytime Wear Thread, she certainly wears white dress with class. Very beautiful gown.

Found this about her wardrobe in Australia

Huffington Post: "Princess Mary's Australia Tour Wardrobe"

Princess Mary's Australia Tour Wardrobe Is A Lesson In Expert Packing (PHOTOS)

I am sorry, but that article makes no sense. It's a lesson on how to travel with assistants and not worry about too much luggage. I highly doubt Mary needs to worry about same things we do when we travel. Very poorly written.

Besides, lesson on mix and match? She wore same heels and a coat twice, nothing else was mixed and matched, she wore different outfit every day (which is fine).

Last edited by a moderator:
Love it all! Hairdo, earrings to match the skirt, sheer black hose, dainty evening shoes, even the skirt peeking out from the coat, looks fun, not messy.

Mary looks stunning. Love the skirt and the earrings. A winning look once again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom