Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 11: July 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Mary looks fantastic. It amazes me how flat her tummy is after just having twins. She's in excellent shape.

Crown Princess Mary's oufit was well-chosen. I liked the bright blue colour brought the noble paleness of her complexion. The dress is nicely tailored.

Probably the wrong place to post this, but doesn't Mary's father have the most wonderful smile?

Im pretty sure Mary has had that blue dress made or at least brought from a Danish designer.

I liked her christening outfit very much. I think a darker shade of blue would have looked better but that's only a little detail. I quite like her headpiece and I'm happy she wore it again ;)

I didn't even notice the color of his tie.

Funny that you didn't notice that Vincent was getting "shafted" and more emphasis being places on Josephine in regards to Fred's outfit :whistling:

I believe I mention I didn't notice the color of Fred's tie. It was kind of hard, what with the baby in the enormous white gown he was holding in front of it/him.

Mary's Marvelous Manner

Just a final word about the christening, at least my final word:flowers:

How well thought out everything was:

• The fact that she wore the same fascinator to all her children's christenings.
  • The fact that she dressed herself, the Crown prince, Christian and Isabella in blue or pink.
  • The long, long walkabout, carrying a babe in her arms and minding Christian and Isabella, who were adorable, charming, childlike, yet well behaved!!!
  • The fact that, even though it now seems certain that the infamous video of CPF was misinterpreted by the press, Mary had to have that on her mind, knowing that there was conjecture on that most important day, yet she carried herself with gentle confidence and class.

She is intelligent, beautiful, always tastefully -- and fashionably -- attired, and classy. Her manner in handling all of the above reminds me that she will make a wonderful queen consort!

I have to agree with you Susanna Wynne this was a huge day for the family and Mary was stunning in everyway.

:previous: My favorite would be what she's worn to this last Christening.

Personally I like both names very much. Vincent is a nice name for a boy, imo, Josephine is my favourite names for a girl, to be honest. So, great choices. ;)

I realy like Mary dress at chrestening also her brooche,earring and of course the lovely headpeace which was used for the chrestening of the four chindren,an I think it will be a royal danish tradition for future chrestening of the crown prince children just like the chrestening gown.

I haven't seen if it has been mentioned before but I think the dress Patricia wore at the christening is actually Mary's Hugo Boss dress. I think she only wore it once during the summer of 2007.

I am unable to post the pictures now because I am using my iPhone, but I will post them as soon as I have my laptop in my hands!

Madame Royale said:
I thought it rather charming that the colour of Frederik's tie matched the colour of Isbella's dress. Instead of corresponding with his wife's attire, he complimented his daughters. Quite darling.

I think the all tried to have very similar in colour outfits. I also love the way they were seated; the "boys" on one side, the "girls" on the other side!! It was cute!

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen if it has been mentioned before but I think the dress Patricia wore at the christening is actually Mary's Hugo Boss dress. I think she only wore it once during the summer of 2007.

I am unable to post the pictures now because I am using my iPhone, but I will post them as soon as I have my laptop in my hands!

I think the all tried to have very similar in colour outfits. I also love the way they were seated; the "boys" on one side, the "girls" on the other side!! It was cute!
yes, I think somebody post the photo somewhere , but the only thing I think her sister is taller and havier than Mary so I wonder how did she do to fit in?? understand she has so much clothing that why not to borrow something to her sister!beside her sister nobody else from Australia, like her nieces ?????

After comparing all three looks, I really like them all but its interesting that she wore blue with the sapphire brooch in 2 of the looks. I wish she would wear that brooch more, it is so stunning. It is nice to talk about Mary's fashion again but it doesn't look like she has a lot of 'things' coming up.

Just a final word about the christening, at least my final word:flowers:

How well thought out everything was:

• The fact that she wore the same fascinator to all her children's christenings.
  • The fact that she dressed herself, the Crown prince, Christian and Isabella in blue or pink.
  • The long, long walkabout, carrying a babe in her arms and minding Christian and Isabella, who were adorable, charming, childlike, yet well behaved!!!
  • The fact that, even though it now seems certain that the infamous video of CPF was misinterpreted by the press, Mary had to have that on her mind, knowing that there was conjecture on that most important day, yet she carried herself with gentle confidence and class.

She is intelligent, beautiful, always tastefully -- and fashionably -- attired, and classy. Her manner in handling all of the above reminds me that she will make a wonderful queen consort!

i totally agree with you.
she is sofisticated, classy and she has this charm that no one has...

i liked the prada dress she used at isabella's christening, and that day, frederik's tie was combined with her dress, she did the same thing she did last christening... but i like the way she take the queen's style back... and she customized it...

BTW: OrderofSplendor.blogspot.com says that Mary's christening dress and shoes are from L.K. Bennet, UK

Well done ashelen gosh cheap as chips. Thanks

BTW: OrderofSplendor.blogspot.com says that Mary's christening dress and shoes are from L.K. Bennet, UK

This has been discussed in posts #237, #239 and #241. It is not an LK Bennet dress or shoes. Svenskdam.se was the first to show this LK Bennet dress and shoes that the blog you mentioned and this blog: myroyal's: LOOK OF PR have used. In the original Swedish article, all they say is this is how you dress like Princess Mary. They did not say it is the actual dress that she wore.

Here's the original article which shows other items that is similar to Mary's look that day, including a flower headband:
http://bakomkulisserna.svenskdam.se/kronprinsessan-marys-doplook/

Yes, it's a coincidence that it's a similar dress but if you see HQ photos of Princess Mary's dress, the differences show up, especially the seam on the waist, the puff on the sleeves, the back of the dress and the actual bodice of the dress.

Last edited:
It look quite similar the dress but the cleavage has 3 folds that Mary does not have the same in her waist, the waist in Mary we can not see it becasue she has the baby in front of her all the time, but Mary's dress look with more body than actualy the ohter one, the shoes may be are the same but the can be from christian laboutien too

I forgot to mention that the back of the LK Bennet dress is a v-neck, but Princess Mary's is a scoop like the front of her dress.

yes, you are correct ayvee, probably it is a custom dress! i wonder what kind of fabric is the dress?

The shoes aren't Louboutin (no red soles)! I admit I was watching during the "walk about" to see if they were Louboutins...

But they could be other than LK Bennet. It's a fairly common style/color right now. Who knows...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom