Swedish Royal Family, Current Events Part 5: February 2008 - December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know he was at the event listed above in expressen, and at Victoria Day celebrations - has Daniel been to other public events yet?

Daniel has been to other public events with the royal family jet.
His first official apperance was of course the engagement but after this his first official apperance was Victorias nameday on 12th March (Victorias nameday) and on the same day there was a representation evening in Stockholm where the King and Queen aswell as Victoria and Daniel attend (Representationsmiddag).
On 17th April there was a official event because of Victorias and Daniels engagement. On this event the whole royal family attends except of Princess Madeleine and of course the old royal Lady Princess Lilian.(Mottagning för Kronprinsessan och Herr Daniel Westling - Kungahuset [NS4 version], pic).
After this event he wasn't seen until July because of his kidney-transplantation. The first official event he attend after his operation was the lunch with the president of South-Korea(Kungaparet gav lunch för Sydkoreas president på Solliden - Kungahuset [NS4 version]).
And than he attend as said before the official birthday celebrations of Victoria.

I think that Daniel did a good job on these few official events and that he will be a good Prince. Unfortunately we didn't see him so often but I think he need some time to recover and than his new royal and exciting life can begin. Hope to see him more often in the next time.

At the cover of Expressen, the King with Victoria, Daniel, Madeleine and Jonas at a walk.
Expressen

Johan T Lindwall writes in Expressen, that the king was very determined that both Victoria and Madeleine would have been treated equally at their engagements. The King got angry when the papers wrote that there is a rivalry between the sisters - that Madeleine steals Victoria's happiness. In order to prove to everyone that the rumors are false, he took the whole family out for a walk outside the palace, the first time he chose to show all in public - all in a picture - at a private occasion. Only Queen Silvia stayed at the palace, when the others, including Carl Philip went for a walk followed by three bodyguards from SÄPO.
Kungens bevis mot ryktena - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen

Photos:
Expressen Bildspecial

This rivality between sisters invented by the press is so stupid!!

Both sisters are happy in their personnal lives and so in love with great men. Everybody knows that Victoria will always be under the spotlights more than Madeleine because she's the crown princess! she was certainly very happy for her sister and Jonas. Moreover, we saw in the past a lot of pictures that prove that the 2 sisters and their boyfriends seem to have a fantastic relationship!!

Nja, it needs strong independent characters not to get "seduced" to jealousy by the press...which is again and again comparing the sisters.

Victoria also said in the past, that she often felt as odd one out, while Madeleine and CP shared something special.

Further Victoria was quite an bossy elder sister and is very conscious about her "superior" position.

They are definitely not the Monaco sisters and they surely have a friendly way with each other.
And that their guys get so well along with each other makes them probably happy...and the prospect of little cousins growing up "with each other" is surely an nice one...
...but if there would be no jealousy and if Victoria wouldn´t make sure to highlight the difference between a crown princely wedding and the one of little sis, I´d be very surprised ;)

Please keep this thread on topic and dedicated to the current events of the Swedish royal family. Fabricated stories by the gossip press about rivalry between siblings have no place in this particular thread and at TRF in general. Those posts will be deleted.

The Swedish moderators (Her_Majesty, JessRulz and Marengo)

The king takes his family on a walk around the Palace grounds. He is showing family unity after the claims in the press that his daughters have a rivalry and that Princess Madeleine's engagement was evidence of that rivalry.

Nice move by the King. He shows they are all on big family. Also - this is the first time the King has allowed pictures of the family in a private moment. Interesting.

Royal Examiner Story

The thing about suggesting that Victoria and Madeleine have some kind of rivalry between them means that the idea can be peddled for as long as the media wants and the idea is certainly not a new one - the press often compared Diana and Sarah in the UK and suggested rivalry between them and so I take all this with a bucket full of salt.

There are many journalists and readers who enjoy this game of rumour and suggestion because they are frustrated with the fact that the royal family are able to control what information goes out about their private lives.

It's not enough for these people to accept that two princesses of the same family have become engaged (which really is no big deal considering both have been in relationships for many years) and it has been stated simply that Madeleine will marry after Victoria. Factual statements like this are no real story and so the media and indeed people such as us members of a royal forum need to look beyond the facts and try and make up or visualise what might be going on behind palace doors.

Regarding the King allowing photograohers to take photos of the walk, to my mind these pictures look like they have been taken from a very long way off and certainly to not appear to be staged. So some hack managed to get a ohoto through the bushes - this does not mean the King knew he was there. Such fuzzy pictures do not exactly tell much of a story at all anyway and any story could be attached to them.

If you look at the whole series of pictures on ANP, it actually seems like everyone (minus the Queen) took off for a nice walk, noticed the photographers, paused for a moment looking not to happy to be photographed, then turned around and proceeded into the opposite direction.
I wonder why some bloggers (who is 'Megan'...?) post their interpretation but feel the need to make it appear like legitimate news.
I think it would be not only nice but almost a given for the Bernadottes to have new photos taken, relaxed but official, showing the whole to-be-extended 'new' family, including the daughter's fiancés.
It should be only natural, also considering the fact that the last official family pics were taken long ago, and in comparison with other royal families, they fall regrettably short in the department of providing the public with pics from photo sessions staged by themselves - IMO it's part of the job.
Not even releasing one pic of the recently engaged couple with the King & Queen is rather disappointing and thus helps the production of weird gossip.

at the court webbsite at the swedish section there is a poll going on they ask a few quastian.
i did it and my complain were about photos and i wanted pages of historicle royals as the kings mother or his grandfather.

I wonder why some bloggers (who is 'Megan'...?)

She's the latest royal blogger on the Internet. She writes for the citizen journalism website The Examiner.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jonas is really handsome! Madeleine is such a lucky girl!!

Anyway, the king seems to like Jonas very much!!! Hope we'll be able to see similar pics one day with Daniel!
Victoria deserves that her father make efforts to integrate his future son in law in the family! Everyone in the family seem to like him except the king. I may be wrong but this is my feeling!

It's very nice to see photos of the king with his future son-in-law! They seem to get along quite well.

LadyFinn, thanks for the information and links! Here more link:

http://www.folkbladet.nu/?p=153053

It's great to see the royal couple and crown princess together on the trip in North Sweden. It's beautifull, too that the sun is shining! I hope the royal guests have fun during the two days in North Sweden.

Does anyone know the woman with the short red hair and glasses? She is receiving flowers in some of the photos, and looks familiar, but I can't seem to figure out who she is, exactly.

Thanks a lot to everybody for providing updates on this trip! :flowers:
The visit is indeed part of the ‘Märkesaret’, the 2009 Bicentennial Swedish-Finnish celebrations marking the separation of Finland from Sweden.
In August 1809, the last war actions ever took place on Swedish soil, and part of the current trip is in memory of these occasions.
The Finnish President paid an official visit to Sweden in January, and next week the King and Queen will return the visit and go for two days to Finland for further Bicentennial events.

Video from Ratan:
Västerbottens-Kuriren/Kungligt fredsfirande i Ratan

Kungligt besök när freden firas - Västerbottens- nytt | svt.se
Västerbottens-Kuriren - Spännande dag för kungligheterna
Dunder och brak inledde kungafamiljens arbetshöst | svenskdam.se

Photo gallery:
BelgaPicture-Stella

”En dubbel – nej tack!” | Jenny Alexandersson | Aftonbladet
Jenny Alexandersson talked with the royal family yesterday. Crown princess Victoria laughed that she doesn´t want double wedding with Madeleine. The King said that the weddings are going to have gunpowder and smoke. The Queen said that they are very happy about the weddings. Deputy prime minister Maud Olofsson said that the wedding is a huge marketing effort. She sees only benefits from two royal weddings in the same year. She also thinks that both Daniel and Jonas are men who want to support their wives.

--
Today, the royals have just arrived to Piteå with a boat.
Hovbloggen/Jenny Alexandersson/Aftonbladet
Kungafamiljen anlände till Pitsund - sr.se
Kungaparet hedersmedlemmar i Paltakademien - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen

A photo from the dinner yesterday evening, the royal family with governor Chris Heister:
Västerbottens Folkblad

Västerbottens Folkblad tells that the County Administrative Board, which had its own photographer wanted a picture of the royal couple and Crown Princess, together with the county governor Chris Heister.
For a while it seemed that the idea wouldn´t succeed, but a bit after 18.00 came the King, Queen and Crown Princess with the governor out and the photographer started to take the photo. When it was done, the king seemed to be in a hurry. He turned on the heel and started walking, but was hampered by the Crown Princess.
- Dad! Everyone haven´t got their pictures, she said, friendly but firmly.
The king obeyed orders and set up again for the photos.
Västerbottens Folkblad | Kungen lydde order – och VF fick sin bild

More photos from yesterday:
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know they were supposed to visit a town in Finland!! thanks!

LadyFinn, thanks for the great links with beautiful pictures from Haparanda/Tornio today!

Ccile, they visit the border-town Sweden/Finland (Haparanda/Tornio) today. Next week the royal couple viisit South Finland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom