King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia, Current Events Part 24: June 2013 - December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Why does La Reina wear that hoodie in a military ceremony? It was supposed to be worn while going to a church, right? I have seen her wearing the same one or two times before..while visiting some navy base or presenting colours or something..
Are all military ceremonies religious in Spain?

Why does La Reina wear that hoodie in a military ceremony? It was supposed to be worn while going to a church, right? I have seen her wearing the same one or two times before..while visiting some navy base or presenting colours or something..
Are all military ceremonies religious in Spain?

Hoodie?

Perhaps you mean a mantilla?

The Queen only wears the Spanish mantilla for very solemn events like the military act honouring the Virgin Mary.Queen Sofia also wears a white version when meeting the Pope.

Last edited:
Yeah..sorry..thats the mantilla. No what i was asking is..Do the military ceremonies in Spain have religious events in them? I followed the entire video and didnt notice any mass or any priests in robes or something like that..

Yeah..sorry..thats the mantilla. No what i was asking is..Do the military ceremonies in Spain have religious events in them? I followed the entire video and didnt notice any mass or any priests in robes or something like that..

That particular ceremony was in honour of the Blessed Virgin of Pilar, Patroness of Spain and also the Spanish Civil Guard ,though I saw no clergy in the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom