Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 8: Nov. 2008-Sep. 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks wonderful! Yes, she is showing. I like Fred's beard but it does look a little off with his uniform and hat.

She's probably not 15 weeks along, right? I mean, "expected to deliver" doesn't mean that January is her due date. Twins come early and perhaps her doctors accounted for that, and that's why the statement said January.

I wonder if CP Mary will be abel to attent the new years court next year...we don´t know the exat date for the twins to arrive :flowers:

Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik attended the Church
Service to celebrate the Danish Navy's 500th. anniversary on Sunday
Aug 15. 2010. The service was held at the Holmens Kirke in Copenhagen.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
Thank you, Iceflower :flowers:

The full dress uniform of the navy is admittedly the best looking of all the branches.

Prior to the service, 800 sailors from sixteen nations and from all the ships taking part in the celebrations had paraded through Copenhagen. The parade ending at Holmens Kirke = the navel church, where this service took place.
Or at least that was the plan. I am honestly not sure if the parade went ahead as scheduled, since Copenhagen was hit by a truly massive rainfall last night causing some chaos. There is no news from the defence site yet.

ADDED: The parade did go ahead as planned: http://forsvaret.dk/SOK/Nyt%20og%20Presse/oevrigenyheder/Pages/2010-08-15kirke.aspx
The CP couple were recieved at Holmens Kirke at 10.30 by Defence Chief, general Knud Bartels and rear admiral Nils Wang, head of the Navy Operational Command. Admiral Tim Sloth-Jørgensen (*) gave a speech. here is a gallery: http://forsvaret.dk/danex10/mediegalleri/Pages/default.aspx naturally mainly of the parade but also a couple of pics of Mary and Frederik and you can enjoy the interior of the beautiful old church.
A pity the weather was so bad.

(*) He used to be defence chief, hence his high rank, but a mismanagement of an affair regarding a book led to his "resignation" and he is now sailing a desk somewhere in the system.

What a lovely look for a morning event. Mary looked really nice and looks like Frederik is planning on keeping the beard.
Thanks for the pictures iceflower & Muhler for the summary.

I've seen the floodings in Copenhagen in the evening news, really bad
in some streets of the town.. I had thought it was a nice and sunny
day judged from the first pics...

Here's a very nice additional gallery of the church service:

** bt.dk: Mary skjulte maven **

** ppe gallery **
Mary's looks outstanding but Frederik...:ermm:, I just can't stand his beard. Can someone just come to him and whisper to him "Shave it".:D

Love the pictures from the church service, especially Mary's top portion of her outfit. I've noticed that anything w/a flowing drape-y look to it really does suit her and her body shape outstandingly well.

Did Canada send a ship to Denmark's Navy's 500th Anniversary Celebrations? Since their Flagship was here to take part in the Fleet Review during the Royal Visit earlier this summer that celebrated our Navy's Centennial, I'd hope that Canadian Naval Command sent our Flagship over to Denmark to return the great honour that was shown to our Navy.

No, there was no Canadian ship in Copenhagen for the review.
However there was a joint Canadian, Danish navy excerzise in the Arctic at the same time.
The anniversary would naturally also have been celebrated onboard the Danish patrol frigate there, Vædderen, (= the Ram, known from the Galathea expedition) so I wonder if there weren't a few well wishes from the Canadian navy.

Denmark has routinely maintained a visible military presence in and not least around Greenland for decades and in recent years, Canada has increased it's presence in the area as well.
That seems clearly to be evolving into coorporating about the control of parts of the North West Passage, which is expected to be ice-free in the years to come.
Danish airforce planes are flying over Canadian territory and landing on the gravel airstrips in that part of Canada, something they routinely do in Greenland. Canadian ships are sailing along the East coast of Greenland.
The Hans Island issue seems to have been put way down on the list of priorities. The latest is that a Danish cruise ship, or rather cruise boat, sailed to the island. Raised a flag and left a few gifts for the next ones pasing through. - Cheers. :p

It's very interesting to follow what is going on in the arctic these years. Unfortunately the very informative site: casr.ca seems to have been closed. :ermm:

Love the pictures from the church service, especially Mary's top portion of her outfit. I've noticed that anything w/a flowing drape-y look to it really does suit her and her body shape outstandingly well.

Did Canada send a ship to Denmark's Navy's 500th Anniversary Celebrations? Since their Flagship was here to take part in the Fleet Review during the Royal Visit earlier this summer that celebrated our Navy's Centennial, I'd hope that Canadian Naval Command sent our Flagship over to Denmark to return the great honour that was shown to our Navy.

Last edited:
Mary looks great. Always smiling...love it!

The movie 'Eksperimentet' is about an experiment in the early 1950s where a number of Greenlandic children were brought to Denmark to be taught Danish and Danish culture - supposedly to return to act as spearheads when they returned to Greenland to help bring about modernization of the Greenlandic society. Instead it had severe personal consequences for the children involved who were robbed of their own language and culture.

No coincidence that Frederik was invited - with his well-known love of Greenland. :)

Thanks UserDane for the information. So its a documentary?

I never knew of that experiment. Sounds like what happened in Australia and the US.

Frederick and Mary look great.

Thanks UserDane for the information. So its a documentary?

I never knew of that experiment. Sounds like what happened in Australia and the US.

Frederick and Mary look great.

You're welcome :)
More or less a documentary it seems. It is based on a book by Trine Bryld "I den bedste mening" (which I suppose could be translated roughly as 'No harm intended") about forced assimilation of a group of Greenlandic children.

Here is a link in English to the film Eksperimentet / The Experiment.

As you can see, the main character is played by Ellen Hillingsøe, one of Frederik's childhood friends (her mother is a great friend of Queen Margrethe).

Last edited:
Very beautiful and radiant as always and her dress is very suitable for this movie - she is like Sun :flowers: to counter balance for very serious theme of movie.

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary today visited the Airforce Museum in honor of the 60th anniversary Of The Royal Danish Airforce. They arrived by helicopter.

1 2 3 4 5

They will also attend a service at Viborg Cathedral.

Josette :flowers:

Last edited:
Thank you, Princess Robijn :flowers:

For those of you who enjoy seeing Frederik in uniforms, he is here wearing the full dress uniform of a lieutenant colonel in the Airforce. - It's a uniform we don't see him wearing very often.

M&F were taken for a tour of the museum, including speeches, reception. The usual drill.
Then they were presented to the latest addition to the museum, a replica of a Spitfire, which along with Moquitos were among the planes that went from the Army Aircorps to the newly formed Airforce in 1950.
They were however soon replaced by Sabres and later Super Sabres.

They should as I write this have left the cathedral in Viborg. Now awaits a one hour long drive to Aarhus, to the main artmuseum there, Aros.
That event is scheduled for the late afternoon, i.e. a few hours from now.

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary today visited the Airforce Museum in honor of the 60th anniversary Of The Royal Danish Airforce.

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

They will also attend a service at Viborg Cathedral.

Josette :flowers:

We are terrible that we enjoy it each time, aren't we? ;):)

Stiften.dk has a gallery about today's events in Viborg, seems it get's updated.

Yep, guess we are hooked on the show. :popcorn::lol:

The girl with the Australian flag is a sweet touch.

It's not particular cold today, about 12 degrees C. But out there on the edge of the Jutland moor it is! And windy, so no wonder the locals dress warmly.

ADDED: And here are the first high-res pics of the event: Billedgalleri: Kronprinsparret besøger Danmarks Flymuseum (Opdateret 13:42 ) click the pics for the original size. They are free to be used by the media and others who bring news about this event.

ANOTHER ADDITION: And another high-res gallery: Billedgalleri: Festgudstjeneste i Viborg Domkirke
This time from the servise in Viborg Cathedral. Click the pics for higher resolution.

These two galleries are continuously updated.

ADDED: The regional news at 12.10 from TV2 Midt Vest: http://www.tv2regionerne.dk/
There is a short clip of M&F to start with.
There will most likely be more coverage at 19.30 tonight.

For our video experts:
Also keep an eye on the local news at TV2 Østjylland at 1930. They will no doubt feature M&F at Aros in Aarhus.
Tou know how it is, the clips will be online a few hours later.

Frederik does look handsome, and they both look comfortable with each other.

A gallery from BT: http://www.bt.dk/royale/kronprinsparret-paa-visit-i-jylland

Observe ladies, observe how Frederik assists his wife, when she is getting down the steep steps from the helicopter in Pic #2.
This truly delights me. :)

We would of course expect no less from Frederik, - and Joachim, who is a gentleman.

Notice also pic #8. A very nice picture of the Danish Crown Princess.

Pic #15: And he couldn't resist putting his finger on the mirror, no he couldn't. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom