The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 04:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Delphine's claim is not accepted by the court.
The judge decided that is not proven that Jacques Boel is not her father and for that Albert can not be seen as her father.

https://translate.googleusercontent....51_rc2bgHxpbrw
Delphine BoŽl vangt bot bij rechter: koning Albert II is nie... - Het Nieuwsblad Mobile
Old 03-28-2017, 04:49 PM
Serene Highness

Didn't they do a dna test proving Jacques isn't her biological father? Or was this dismissed by the court? Anyway, I don't know what Alberts problem is, since she only wants him to recognize her.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 03-28-2017, 04:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

That was to be expected. Until recently M Jacques BoŽl was the father of Delphine. For law it is not interesting who made you, for law matters who is your factual father. Never has M Jacques BoŽl detested fatherhood and Delphine -despite knowing the stories- only started procedures in her forties, way beyond the limited period in which alleged natural parentship can be claimed. (Is in such a period no claim, then the law considers the paternity settled as it is, for ever). Delphine had to prove that M Jacques BoŽl never was and never has been and is not her father, while all her life she has been his daughter. Again: it is about legal paternity. That will be very difficult because so to see M Jacques BoŽl has always handled as a parent indeed. (And as one of Belgium's richest gentlemen, Delphine will not have known any hardship or poverty).
Old 03-28-2017, 04:53 PM
Majesty

Ah Mario Danneels and his Paola's Book published 1999 just before Prince Philippe's Wedding.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FŁrstin Taxis View Post
Didn't they do a dna test proving Jacques isn't her biological father? Or was this dismissed by the court? Anyway, I don't know what Alberts problem is, since she only wants him to recognize her.
The law is not interested in DNA. Otherwise no any father from an adopted child, a child born by IVF, a stepchild could at any moment be "swapped" for another parent. The law speaks about "bezit van staat" which best translates that there was, for law, for society, in name, a complete parenthood, paternal responsibility and a factual parentship. Delphine has to prove that M Jacques BoŽl never was her father, that he never had paternal authority, that she did not have his name, that she has not lived in his house, that she has not enjoyed food, upbringing, education under his roof, that she did not appear for law and in society as his daughter, etc. Such a paternity works the other way too: M Jacques BoŽl can not disinherit Delphine: she is his daughter. For law. Only when Delphine succeeds to prove that there was no paternity, then she can start to get Albert II as her alleged darling papa.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm going to say this, and I know that some will have disagreements, but I'm starting to feel sorry for King Albert. Seems to me that this woman just never stops. I have a feeling that this will go the grave with him and nothing will ever be settled, so why not stop now and move on with life. Those are just my opinions.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The law is not interested in DNA. Otherwise no any father from an adopted child, a child born by IVF, a stepchild could at any moment be "swapped" for another parent. The law speaks about "bezit van staat" which best translates that there was, for law, for society, in name, a complete parenthood, paternal responsibility and a factual parentship. Delphine has to prove that M Jacques BoŽl never was her father, that he never had paternal authority, that she did not have his name, that she has not lived in his house, that she has not enjoyed food, upbringing, education under his roof, that she did not appear for law and in society as his daughter, etc. Such a paternity works the other way too: M Jacques BoŽl can not disinherit Delphine: she is his daughter. For law. Only when Delphine succeeds to prove that there was no paternity, then she can start to get Albert II as her alleged darling papa.
Ah, thanks, that's interesting. Well, I think she needs to give it a rest now, this is going on for so long now. Both her and Albert are quite the stubborn people

Christopher Lee
Old 03-28-2017, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FŁrstin Taxis View Post
Ah, thanks, that's interesting. Well, I think she needs to give it a rest now, this is going on for so long now.
Nope, it is mentioned the article that she will appeal the verdict (see post by cdm).

Interesting that the judge ruled that a biological connection isn't sufficient to prove fatherhood and Mr. Boel can be regarded as her father because he has acted as her father for a long time...
Old 03-28-2017, 06:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Nope, it is mentioned the article that she will appeal the verdict (see post by cdm).

Interesting that the judge ruled that a biological connection isn't sufficient to prove fatherhood and Mr. Boel can be regarded as her father because he has acted as her father for a long time...
The notion possession d'ťtat/bezit van staat has no English wiki-page but the legal framework is more or less the same as being factually married without a marriage: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common-law_marriage

Jacques BoŽl is is and has always been the factual father without being the natural father. Didficult concept but it is the same way of legal thinking.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Very well said !!!! And by the way I am delighted with the Judge's decision.... of course now there will be an appeal.....how many years to wait now
Old 03-28-2017, 07:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Welp.
Unless Albert approaches her, I don't see this going to happen in her favour. But if she wants to waste her time, I won't stop her.

Christopher Lee
Old 03-28-2017, 08:19 PM
Serene Highness

Why does she hate being considered Jacques's daughter so much? You would think that a man who was there for her, provided her with a golden spoon in her mouth so she could live an artsy life would be more important to her rather than someone who has very often denied her.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
[...] way beyond the limited period in which alleged natural parentship can be claimed. (Is in such a period no claim, then the law considers the paternity settled as it is, for ever).
The procedural limitations were rejected by the constitutional court in February 2016, and the case was thus decided today on the merits.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:39 PM
Nobility

I honestly doesn't why she does not like being his daughter. But I also don't know why King Albert cant just recognize her. Delphine and King Philippe look alike a lot in my opinion. She looks like an older version of the Duchess of Brabant.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:55 PM
Serene Highness

If had had Jacques (or any billionaire) as a father who was active in my upbringing and getting wealth showered on me, I would revel in my life and not at all complain.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
If had had Jacques (or any billionaire) as a father who was active in my upbringing and getting wealth showered on me, I would revel in my life and not at all complain.

Life is more than money and none of us know what sort of life she has had. We are looking from the outside and I would want my father to step up and acknowledge me.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:00 AM
Serene Highness

I know it's what she wants and what she's desperate for, but I wonder if she understands that it is very possible that Albert is in fact not at all her biological father. It is possible that this is all just a delusion she has. If it turns out that Albert is in fact not her father, it is possible that she will look like the world's craziest woman and I did read on this thread that she insulted the kids of King Philippe and I do think she is being irrational in some areas. It's clear that the Belgian RF has no problem cutting her out and keeping her out, while her legal father Jacques has been eager to be a father figure to her.

Money doesn't buy everything, but we can't have everything in life. I just wonder, if she thinks that if she is his biological daughter, that this will lead to a title and a place in the succession, or what, I do not at all know. It's clear that she is doing damage to herself as well. Cutting out her billionaire father, getting herself ostracized from Belgian society where she's always been accepted and welcomed. I just hope she's not going to get to a point where she is dangerous. She suddenly wants to cut out her adoptive father and throw everything into the ring of being declared the biological daughter of a king who used her mother.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
Why does she hate being considered Jacques's daughter so much? You would think that a man who was there for her, provided her with a golden spoon in her mouth so she could live an artsy life would be more important to her rather than someone who has very often denied her.
Yes Yes Yes ! My opinion too !!!!
Old 03-29-2017, 09:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

An article in better English than the google translate ones.

Albert II is not Delphine Boel's legal father, court rules, but battle is not finished
Old 03-29-2017, 10:09 AM
Serene Highness

Okay, this has to stop now.

It is obvious that there won't be a DNA test, there won't be a king publicly embracing her as his daughter, and she isn't going to be given a title and home and pension. She is nothing to Albert and as painful as it is, that is something she has to accept. She isn't going to be among the royal family and she needs to stop before she literally drives herself to madness over this. She is coming across as crazy and I think she is becoming crazier.
Closed Thread

Tags
delphine boŽl, illegitimate children, king albert ii