Queen Margrethe II, Current Events Part 2: June 2020 - August 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Eya. :flowers:

In case anyone are wondering the guardsmen wear the tent-hats in warm weather, instead of the bearskin caps - which as the name suggests are very hot.
Apart from the risk of falling ill from the heat, a guard who is on the verge of melting is much less vigilant.

Thanks. Eya. :flowers:

In case anyone are wondering the guardsmen wear the tent-hats in warm weather, instead of the bearskin caps - which as the name suggests are very hot.
Apart from the risk of falling ill from the heat, a guard who is on the verge of melting is much less vigilant.

They should consider introducing those hats in the UK as the poor soldiers here drop like flies wearing the bearskin hats.

Queen Margrethe received new officers from the Navy on the royal ship Dannebrog at Sønderborg Harbour today, June 24:

** kongehuset gallery **

Last edited:
They are probably still trying to drag her away from that exhibition in this very moment.
If it hadn't been against the protocol, she would no doubt be running ahead of the crown car to the exhibition.

It's a interesting and informative and I look forward to seeing it myself later this summer.
There are two things in regards to QMII I would so much like to witness:
A) Her reading aloud from a fairy tale.
B) Discreetly follow her while she is being shown around at an archeological exhibition.

Haha. I believe Her Majesty is the most interesting of all the Monarchs in Europe today. If she wasn't so busy you would love to sit down and talk for hours with her.

I so agree with you both. I so envy her sons that she read Lord of the Rings to them when they were young (but I'm not so sure they were quite so keen,:whistling:). Following her around an archaeological site would be amazing. I'd love to see her guest on some of the many archaeology TV programmes we have in the UK re one of the Viking sites :flowers:

I so agree with you both. I so envy her sons that she read Lord of the Rings to them when they were young (but I'm not so sure they were quite so keen,:whistling:). Following her around an archaeological site would be amazing. I'd love to see her guest on some of the many archaeology TV programmes we have in the UK re one of the Viking sites :flowers:

I honestly think she'd be cult on the spot! :lol:

I can easily see her and Tony Robinson together.

They hope to attract Chinese tourists in particular with this new center.

H. C. Andersen is pretty big in China. Some of his fairy tales having been mandatory in Chinese schools for many years.
The Girl with the Matches illustrates the horrors of capitalism and was of course a particular favorite of the Communist party. His fairly tales can be interpreted in many ways that suits the reader.

In DK I'd say the Emperor's New Clothes is the most popular among adults. - And IMO will never, ever, become irrelevant...

That's a very regal posture.
We are in no doubt that this is the matriarch of the the tribe.

Looks good. :cool:

Today, August 6, Queen Margrethe visited Askov Folk High School and the historic gathering place Skibelund Krat in Vejen.

The visit is part of the postponed celebrations of the 100th anniversary of the Reunification of Denmark and Southern Jutland in 1920. Last year the celebrations were canceled.

** tt.se gallery **

** BB article: Dronningen på højskole: Sang morgensang **

** jv.dk: Netop nu: Dronningen er ankommet til Askov Højskole **

** kongehuset gallery: H.M. Dronningen besøgte Askov Højskole og Skibelund Krat **

Last edited:
What I noticed was the three people receiving QMII at the entrance.

The lady to the far right placed her and above her heart while curtsying. That I think was a neat detail. I hope it catches on.
The gentleman on the left however. There is a reason why you only have your arms on your back, when you wear a double-breasted suit. And he demonstrated it admirably.

The Aaarhus Cultural Week has been going on for 40-50 years now and QMII usually opens it.
It started out as a more folksy, so to speak, series of events like music, various street artists and other things very much on eye-level with the common man on the street. Pretty amateurish actually.
Then it gradually became more organized and more professional with "themes" and a good deal more "high cultural" with the popular and more folksy items gradually being pushed out into the periphery.
It got to the point where the locals really didn't bother attending, it was very much foreigners and people coming in from the rest of DK who had a deeper interest in culture who attended instead.
The Cultural Week had basically separated itself from it's roots of being a wide and popular event.
Now it seems like the organizers have found a middle ground. There is still a lot of "high culture" that doesn't appeal that much, to those who are not that well-versed in culture and the nuances of that. But that is countered with "general culture" that has a much broader appeal.
But the original folksy events, like the beer-tent seems to have pretty much gone for good. Perhaps because people drank too much. :cheers: (By some unfortunate oversight we don't seem to have an inebriated smiley, so let's settle with hangover.) :headache:

The lady to the far right placed her and above her heart while curtsying. That I think was a neat detail. I hope it catches on.

I believe it's been the standard royal mode of greeting in Spain in corona times, or at least Felipe and family seem to do it and people do it back.

The gentleman on the left however. There is a reason why you only have your arms on your back, when you wear a double-breasted suit. And he demonstrated it admirably.

Or a British tailor who's accustomed to the BRF Walk. ;)

Thank you for the festival history. You should be one of those airbnb virtual tour guides!

Last edited:
:frazzled::frazzled::veryevil::veryevil:
Went through the smileys due to your challenge Muhler, and you are absolutely right, as per usual! However, the above might do. i can imagine the people of Aarhus not participating in 'high culture', but they would be able to get their folksiness catered to at the marvelous Moesgaard museum there https://www.moesgaardmuseum.dk/en/
The museum is also the site of the Viking Moot https://www.vikingetraeffet.dk/english/explore-the-viking-moot/
and I do wonder if HM Queen Margrethe has ever attended this wonderful event: in full costume hopefully! (I did not see a viking smiley:))

What I noticed was the three people receiving QMII at the entrance.

The Aaarhus Cultural Week has been going on for 40-50 years now and QMII usually opens it.
It started out as a more folksy, so to speak, series of events like music, various street artists and other things very much on eye-level with the common man on the street. Pretty amateurish actually.
Then it gradually became more organized and more professional with "themes" and a good deal more "high cultural" with the popular and more folksy items gradually being pushed out into the periphery.
It got to the point where the locals really didn't bother attending, it was very much foreigners and people coming in from the rest of DK who had a deeper interest in culture who attended instead.
The Cultural Week had basically separated itself from it's roots of being a wide and popular event.
Now it seems like the organizers have found a middle ground. There is still a lot of "high culture" that doesn't appeal that much, to those who are not that well-versed in culture and the nuances of that. But that is countered with "general culture" that has a much broader appeal.
But the original folksy events, like the beer-tent seems to have pretty much gone for good. Perhaps because people drank too much. :cheers: (By some unfortunate oversight we don't seem to have an inebriated smiley, so let's settle with hangover.) :headache:

Last edited:
:frazzled::frazzled::veryevil::veryevil:
Went through the smileys due to your challenge Muhler, and you are absolutely right, as per usual! However, the above might do. i can imagine the people of Aarhus not participating in 'high culture', but they would be able to get their folksiness catered to at the marvelous Moesgaard museum there https://www.moesgaardmuseum.dk/en/

Or perhaps the residents aren't as sophisticated? ?
I doubt that though, there are a lot of culture in Aarhus.

It's actually called Aarhus Festuge = Aarhus festive/party week.
Which implies a more folksy and merry (cheers!!) festival.
But it has later been translated to Aarhus Culture Week which has a somewhat different meaning.
And that basically explains the difference between the origin and today.

Moesgaard Museum is world class, no less, and always worth a visit. I am 137 % certain QMII visits the museum each time she takes up residence in Aarhus.
I recently visited the museum to see their Neanderthal Exhibition and it sure was difficult to leave!

This is actually significant.
Normally a foreign Foreign Minister would be received on a lesser level than head of state, but DK and India last year signed a deal about implementing Danish know-how in regards to environmentally sound solutions and green solutions in general, not least agriculture.
With a population of more than a billion people and growing India needs to grow more food and good quality food, but as agriculture, nature and people compete about the same space there is a limit to how much land can be set aside for agriculture. So that means that farming in India has to become a lot more efficient in order to increase output on pretty much the same amount of land.
At the same time it's a well known fact that extensive farming combined with clearing of forests lead to local changes in the climate. And for India that means less rain - much less rain! While at the same time the fertile soil is being eroded.
So for India it's vital to ensure that production is increased while the environment is effected as little as possible.

The second thing India is interested in are environmentally sound solution in regards to reduce emissions of greenhouse gasses. Because India is third behind USA and China in emitting greenhouse gasses - and that's bad for the climate and as such for India - again less rain.
So India is very much interested in carbon-neutral energy sources for its constantly growing need of energy.
With a middleclass of a couple of hundred million and growing - fast, that need is huge!
All households in DK is now covered by windmills. But we need at least to double that supply to cover industry, service, streetlamps and now also electricity for cars, trains and soon ships and planes making DK carbon-neutral by 2050. Fortunately India has a huge coastline.
(Ironic actually, since DK post-Brexit, is now EU's largest producer and exporter of oil and gas.)

Another thing that may surprise many is that India is in need of advanced thermostats. DK being among the world-leaders in producing thermostats. Not to keep buildings warm, but to reduced energy for air-conditioning when it's not needed. There is no need to have an air-condition system operating 24/5 in a large office building. The thermostats needs to be intelligent enough to activate the air-condition down to the individual rooms when needed only and only as much as absolutely necessary. That saves a lot of money and means that the climate at the workplaces is much more healthy.
That's pretty much the way the heating-systems in DK works.

This is a major opportunity for some serious export-orders! We are talking big money!
And will hopefully open the doors for other Danish companies to the Indian market, because the relationship has been strained for quite a number of years. (Long story, something about the Danish courts must be free of political influence.)

So I predict that within a year or two we will see M&F going to India on an extensive export-tour. Followed by a state-visit by QMII.

Queen Margrethe as Patron of the Rungstedlund Foundation presented Chef Claus Meyer with this year’s Rungstedlund Prize today, September 6. The Rungstedlund Prize is awarded to a person who has helped to spread the knowledge of Danish author Karen Blixen or who has excelled in a field that was of interest to Karen Blixen.

** Pic ** rex gallery ** tt.se gallery ** kongehuset gallery **

Last edited:
How interesting I didn't know there was a movie made about Margaret I ,the queen being ofcourse the guest of honour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom