Crown Princess Victoria's Household/Court

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In January the press told that Karolin A. Johansson, the Marshal of the Court and Head of HRH The Crown Princess's Household, leaves her post at the court. She and her boyfriend move in the summer home to Mönsterås to take over the farm where Karolin has been raised.

Svensk Damtidning write on Friday at a paywall article:
Now the Crown Princess's Marshal of the Court Karolin A. Johansson has stepped out of the court dress for good. This week, she set a point for her seven years at the court. She talks about her new life.
“What is the first thing to do when you quit? Are you going on holiday?” I asked Karolin when we saw in Solliden - and got a huge laugh in reply: “No, not exactly… It will be anything but holiday!” It is an incredibly intense, but very different life which now awaits for the Crown Princess's adviser, sounding board, support and friend.
Exklusivt! Karolin A. Johansson om åren med Victoria – och sitt nya liv _ Svensk Damtidning

Expressen quotes Svensk Damtidning's article
Victoria's Marshal of the Court quits - "will always be in my heart"
The Crown Princess's Marshal of the Court and right-hand person, Karolin A. Johansson, is now leaving the court after seven years at Victoria's side.
Instead, a life as a farmer waits with "cows, sheep and dirty clothes".
Victoria's adviser tells to Svensk Damtidning of the new life that awaits her and the close friendship with the Crown Princess.
Karolin A. Johansson was hand-picked for the job as Crown Princess Victoria's Marshal of the Court in 2012. Since then, she has often been seen close to the Crown Princess during business trips and official appearances.
But now she puts her court dress on the shelf and puts on her work overall. In an interview, she talks about the decision to go from the glamorous world of the court to the simple life in the country.
- My parents run a farm and forestry outside Mönsterås in Småland, which we will now start taking over. So there will be significantly more cows, sheep and dirty clothes! It feels very nice and important to be able to walk next to my dad and learn all that he can and has built up at home, she tells the magazine.
"The Crown Princess has really made an impression"
During her seven years as Karolin A. has been responsible for the planning and implementation of the Crown Princess's official program - a service that has undoubtedly brought her close to Victoria who has become a good friend to her.
Karolin A. says that she hopes that she and the Crown Princess will stay in touch even when she leaves the court.
- I hope so. I have never met a person who is so caring, warm and wise. But no matter how much we hear from each other in the future, she is always in my heart. She has really made an impression.
Karolin A. describes the work as the Marshal of the Court as "insanely fun" at the same time as it has meant a lot of work.
She tells that the Crown Princess's 40th birthday is a day she will always remember - but what she will mainly take with her is Victoria's inspirational personality.
- To see the Crown Princess meet people and with her inexhaustible curiosity make them tell about themselves and what they do, it is equally inspiring every time.
Victorias hovmarskalk slutar – ”finns alltid mitt i hjärta”

Last edited:
On 15th August Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist attended Camilla Thulin's Fashion Show SS20 at The House of Nobility. Here with Lisa Pettersson, the fashion director of Damernas Värld magazine.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Tina Törnqvist's sister Anne Throne-Holst has her own atelier in Stockholm.
"As a trained dressmaker, pattern designer and furrier, I have been running my own sewing studio for over 30 years".
Atelje ATH

Svensk Damtidning wrote some time ago that Anne has done clothes to the princesses. And that she has a customer base many others envy. And I guess many of the clothes we see on Tina are designed and sewn by her sister. Here is one of them, Tina told to the press that the dress was made by her sister:
https://media.shootitlive.com/ZlyiHd8mGwjBuHX0szMGRwXeJST/1200.jpg?project_id=ibl/84

Last edited by a moderator:
On 15th August Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist attended Camilla Thulin's Fashion Show SS20 at The House of Nobility. Here with Lisa Pettersson, the fashion director of Damernas Värld magazine.
Hopefully this means more Camilla Thulin for the Crown Princess. Camilla makes dresses that fits the over 40 aged woman very well.

Last edited:
Utterly gorgeous.

Hottest talk of the town: Who gets the prestigious job as Victoria's right hand?
Crown Princess Victoria's Marshal of the Court Karolin A. Johansson has stepped out ofrom the court suit for good. At the same time, the search for her successor has been going on since last spring, and yet the court has not published who will be the new Marshal of the Court.
In anticipation of that message, speculation is growing, and you can safely say that this is one of the big talks of the town right now. We are talking about one of the royal prestigious jobs, but above all about an extremely important function (and person!) for Crown Princess Victoria. The Marshal of the Court is the head of her household and the person responsible for all official assignments, both here in Sweden and abroad.
Karolin A. Johansson had a background in the Government Offices, and her predecessor Jörgen Lindström came from the Ministry for Foreign Affairs. The most likely thing is that also this time the crown princess chooses someone with that background. But the CV in all honor - the personal chemistry should also work. No one else at the court has as close professional contact with the Crown Princess and her family, and Victoria has likely met and interviewed several applicants.
So then the question is - who will it be?
- I am absolutely sure that this is done with external recruitment, but then it is impossible to know how Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel are thinking, says Svensk Damtidning's editor-in-chief Johan T Lindwall.
- If the new Marshal of the Court is to work in the same way as her/his predecessor, it is most likely that they will choose a person who is trained at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs. Should one choose a new path, it could very well be someone with a background in business. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the court goes in for a person from there. Maybe from the Wallenberg sphere, Investor type, or from Antonia Ax:son Johnson's group.
- Then it is obvious that this person has a broad education, but above all experience from the international stage, otherwise it will be a very long take-off distance. The court has so many international contacts, and at a very high level. If you have to have contact with the imperial court in Japan, for example, or with foreign heads of state, then it is important that you have great knowledge of protocols and other things, says Lindwall.
In any case, it is clear that anyone who gets the job can prepare for many intensive trips - and on an extremely ambitious and pleasant boss in Crown Princess Victoria!
Hetaste snackisen_ Vem får prestigejobbet som Victorias högra hand_ _ Svensk Damtidning

From August 19th, Lena Bartholdson is new Head of The Crown Princess's Household/Court. Lena Bartholdson comes from a position at the Ministry for Defense, and previously at The Swedish Defense Research Agency. Lena Bartholdson is a member of The Royal Swedish Academy of War Sciences.

Lena Bartholdson will be responsible for planning the joint and individual engagements of The Crown Princess and Prince Daniel.

https://www.kungahuset.se/press/pre...ssanshovstater.5.2cf3d1716b924e7fde272fd.html

HQ photo of Lena Bartholdson
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/18...ena_foto_Sara_Friberg_Kungl.Hovstaterna_3.jpg

Lena Bartholdson has previously worked also as Secretary General at Folk och Försvar/Society and Defence National Conference. She was employed by Folk och Försvar in 2002–2017, of which as Deputy Secretary General 2007–2012 and as Secretary General 2012–2017.
Here welcoming king Carl Gustaf to the Conference
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/18...olk och Försvar 03 foto Pontus Lundahl TT.jpg
And here Daniel arrives to the Conference with Lena Bartholdson
https://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010080011P15663951461254925

Hon är Victorias nya hovmarskalk! _ Svensk Damtidning

Lena Bartholdson (born 1970) is older than Karolin A. Johansson (born 1982). Today she lives in Danderyd with her partner John and three children, a son of 11 years, and two daughters, 14 and 17 years old respectively.
Allt du vill veta om kronprinsessans nya närmsta medarbetare! _ Svensk Damtidning

Bartholdson speaks english, german and portuguese
Lena Bartholdson - Chef, H.K.H Kronprinsessans hovstat - Kungl. Hovstaterna _ The Royal Court of Sweden _ LinkedIn

Victoria's Marshals of the Court: Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, Jörgen Lindström and Karolin A. Johansson
Från Tarras till Karolin_ Här är Victorias alla hovmarskalkar _ Svensk Damtidning

Svensk Damtidning has interviewed Lena Bartholdson, the new Marshal of the Court and Head of HRH The Crown Princess´s Household.

Congratulations on your new job! How has the first day been?
- Good thanks! I have been warmly welcomed and with good help from colleagues, I now try to get an overview and get into work as quickly as possible. It is an eventful autumn that awaits.
You come latest from the Government Offices, how will it be to take the step to the court, with all the titles and traditions?
- Surely a lot is new. But there is also tremendous expertise in various areas at the court, so there are many to ask.
Were you surprised when you were asked?
- Yes, this was an offer I did not foresee. Interesting, honorable and impossible to say no to.
What has your contact with the royal family - and especially the Crown Princess family - been like before?
- In previous capacities I have met parts of the royal family on some occasions. Among other things, connection with Folk och Försvar seminars and the National Conference in Sälen, where both the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel have attended.
Finally: We have written about Jöns Bartholdson (Pippa Middleton's best friend in Sweden), are you related?
- No, as far as I know, we are not related.
Exklusiv intervju! Victorias nya hovmarskalk om första dagen på slottet _ Svensk Damtidning

HQ photo of Lena Bartholdson
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/18...ena_foto_Sara_Friberg_Kungl.Hovstaterna_3.jpg

Lena Bartholdson has previously worked also as Secretary General at Folk och Försvar/Society and Defence National Conference. She was employed by Folk och Försvar in 2002–2017, of which as Deputy Secretary General 2007–2012 and as Secretary General 2012–2017.
Here welcoming king Carl Gustaf to the Conference
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/18...olk och Försvar 03 foto Pontus Lundahl TT.jpg
And here Daniel arrives to the Conference with Lena Bartholdson

Hon är Victorias nya hovmarskalk! _ Svensk Damtidning

Lena Bartholdson (born 1970) is older than Karolin A. Johansson (born 1982). Today she lives in Danderyd with her partner John and three children, a son of 11 years, and two daughters, 14 and 17 years old respectively.
Allt du vill veta om kronprinsessans nya närmsta medarbetare! _ Svensk Damtidning

Bartholdson speaks english, german and portuguese
Lena Bartholdson - Chef, H.K.H Kronprinsessans hovstat - Kungl. Hovstaterna _ The Royal Court of Sweden _ LinkedIn

Victoria's Marshals of the Court: Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, Jörgen Lindström and Karolin A. Johansson
Från Tarras till Karolin_ Här är Victorias alla hovmarskalkar _ Svensk Damtidning

It is curious that she speaks Portuguese. Did she live in Brazil or Portugal in the past ?

Di Weekend has a large interview of Karolin A. Johansson, who left her job as the Marshal of the Court and Head of HRH The Crown Princess's Household two weeks ago. She tells also how Victoria and Daniel's work has changed, about the role and importance of the crown princess and the royal family.

Last summer with the royal family
For seven years, Karolin A. Johansson has been Marshal of the Court and Head of Crown Princess Victoria's Household. Now she quits. Instead, she takes over her family home at Ödängla at Kalmarsund. "I long to pass on my heritage and to take care of my place on earth. It is a dream come true", she says.
For the past seven years, Karolin A. Johansson has appeared in the background of many of the thousands of images that have been published on the Crown Princess Couple, constantly on hand with facts and good advice from official visits and trips abroad to domestic seminars and gala dinners.
Over the years, she has become so intertwined with the Crown Princess that she has only had to take a look at her boss to know what she is thinking.
- Sometimes I wonder if I know what the Crown Princess wants before she does, says Karolin.
She was 30 years old when she came to court, after working as an expert and press secretary in the government office for four different ministers.
- I was actually surprised when I got the question, because I thought I was too young. I am convinced that there were many at the court who also thought I was. But youth goes over as you know and I'm very glad I dared to take the chance. It's been great years, she says, looking both happy and sad at the same time.
The role itself has meant that she was responsible for planning, preparation and implementation of the Crown Princess couple's programs and performances. To her assistance, she has had two court secretaries, one for the Crown Princess and one for Prince Daniel. Practically, she has had her office at Stockholm Palace.
The Household cooperates with other functions, such as the court's information department and the ceremonial state. According to Karolin A. Johansson, the Swedish court is small compared to the other royal houses in the Nordic countries. This has meant that she has been on hand in principle around the clock for the past seven years. It is definitely not an 8 to 17 job.
- I have not seen this as a job, but as a position of responsibility, in the same way that the Crown Princess views her mission. One should have respect for the fact that the royal family is not there for a term or a shorter period, but that their office is their life. As an employee you can't say that you go home for the day, because they never go home for the day. In addition, many program points are outside regular working hours. Often it has become both 60- and 80-hour weeks.
The couple controls more themselves
There is also a decent amount of paper that has passed Karolin A. Johansson's desk over the years, including all inquiries from both private individuals and organizations.
- It can be about anything, from requests to name a geranium to become an ambassador for the UN's global sustainable development goals, which the Crown Princess became two years ago. Then it has been my role to sort, find out more facts and prepare the cases. Then I have had regular meetings with the Crown Princess couple, where I have recommended what I have found to be interesting and relevant to participate in and not.
- The fun thing is that during our time together, the percentage of program points that the couple has initiated themselves has increased significantly. When I started, almost their entire program was run by requests, today I would say that one half is run by requests and the other half is run by them themselves. The couple has taken control of their own agenda and become much clearer in their profile areas, where the Crown Princess is primarily engaged in sustainability and marine and fishing issues, while Prince Daniel is primarily involved in entrepreneurship and health.
Among the tasks of the Marshal of the Court are also to set up the programs and to provide a basis for all different visits, and to brief and debrief the Crown Princess couple.
- One challenge has been to set the level so that the visits also give the Crown Princess something. It is easy to forget that she has been a Crown Princess for over 40 years, and it is very much she has already seen and heard. Many people underestimate how knowledgeable she is, especially in her profile areas. I would say that she is one of the most knowledgeable in Sweden when it comes to the sea and fishing issues, for example.
When Karolin A. Johansson took her job, Princess Estelle was just baptized, and the Crown Princess couple entered a new phase as toddler parents.
- The couple then consciously reduced the number of trips abroad, and they try to plan their Sweden trips so that they can start and end the day at home as often as possible. In fact, they even have the ambition to pick up or leave the children at preschool and school almost every day, says Karolin.
Although the number of trips abroad has been kept down, she can boast a number of exciting official visits and trips she has been to, to countries such as Peru, Colombia, Ghana, Tanzania, Vietnam, Italy, France, USA, Lebanon and Jordan.
- Seeing which doors the royal family can open abroad has made a strong impression on me. Whatever country they come to, they can always refer to previous visits by any ancestor, which creates ties in a way that politics cannot.
What do you think about the future of the monarchy in Sweden?
- I think the monarchy is needed more than ever. Given the uncertainty and instability that exists in many parts of society, I believe that the monarchy is a stable institution that people can gather around, not least during difficult events such as terrorist acts and major accidents.
Is there any particular milestone you want to mention after seven years in the crown princess's service?
- There are many, but such was when the world's eight largest seafood companies gathered around one and the same table in the Maldives to talk about how they could work more sustainably three years ago. The meeting was organized by the Stockholm Resilience Center, but the presence of the Crown Princess was absolutely crucial for many of the companies to come there at all. The companies had never met before and some of them hardly knew what sustainability was. Since then, that meeting has been followed by several meetings in other places in the world and several companies have been added. It is an important work that continues.
- Of course, another milestone was the celebration of the Crown Princess's 40th birthday, for which I was responsible. Seeing all the people gathered to pay tribute to her both in Stockholm and on Öland was really a confirmation of how respected she is.
Is there any particularly sad incident you can tell about?
- It must be when the former UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon once wronged me and the Crown Princess. We had met in New York just before, and when he stepped out of an elevator at a large conference at the Munich Brewery, he recognized me and walked up to me with determined steps. I quickly reversed and tried to slide aside. I've never felt so uncomfortable during these seven years, but the Crown Princess thought it was hysterically fun afterwards. My guideline has always been to support her without being seen, but there I felt it was a total blow.
How is it that you put up this interview?
- I do this to thank for these years and to highlight what incredible work the Crown Princess is doing. I also want to show that you can do something completely different in life. Maybe I can inspire someone, that would be fun.

Last edited:
The article continues
When Karolin A. Johansson now moves home to the family farm in Ödängla outside Mönsterås, it has been 21 years since she left home. She was only 16 when she moved to Strängnäs to attend high school.
- I had felt under-stimulated throughout my schooling, and found this school that seemed to suit me well. It's called the European School and has an international focus and a great focus on knowledge, which I liked.
After high school there was a double degree in political science and journalism at Uppsala University, while she spent a lot of time on politics in the Moderates. She sat on the local council and the municipal council and was the group leader for the Education and Labor Market Committee.
- Actually, I became active in politics already in high school. First I was involved in building a local association at home in Mönsterås, then I was district chairman of the youth association in Södermanland and then Uppland. In all, I was engaged in politics for 15 years.
After studying in Uppsala, she got a job as an expert with Beatrice Ask at the Ministry of Justice. Then she got the same job with Minister of Employment Sven Otto Littorin, and then became his press secretary for a few years. After that Karolin A. Johansson was also press secretary for Social Security Minister Cristina Husmark Pehrsson and Minister for Culture Lena Adelsohn Liljeroth. She hadn't served the Minister of Culture for more than a year when the court contacted her.
- I had promised to stay the entire term because Lena had had several press secretaries who quit before me. Telling her I would start on the court was one of the most difficult conversations I have had, and at first I got a real knock. Then she became happy and proud for my sake and we are still very good friends.
Why don't you return to politics after your years at court?
- I feel I'm done with politics. I think I can do more good elsewhere. In addition to running the farm, I will take on a few assignments for people and organizations that I feel particularly strongly about. Whatever it becomes, I will return to.
- I laughed well when I got the content description for my new company from the Swedish Companies Registration Office. It says that I will deal with 'beef production, sheep production, strategic advice, crisis management and media training'. I guess there are quite a few companies that have that combination.
Karolin becomes the fifth generation in her family to use the farm. It consists of 286 hectares of land, 40 cattle, 50 sheep and a few chickens.
- My parents have reduced the number of animals as they have grown older, so there are fewer animals than the farm can handle. That means that there is a chance for me to scale up as I get warm in my clothes.
The farm is scenic at Kalmarsund and includes a number of islands where the cows walk and graze.
- It is very shallow, so the cows can walk between the islands. Even the sheep can graze out on the islands. We usually fill the boat and drive them out for summer work there. It's like my own little nature reserve with sea eagles and osprey, and my dad goes fishing there.
Do you know how to farm?
- I grew up with it, and have always had to help and be part of the work on the farm. I know what to do, but not when to do it. That is why it is so good that I now can go in parallel with my dad and learn why we usually use one field and not the other just this year, which animals are worth saving and which are to be retired and so on. Maybe we will hire someone to help us, it will show the future when everything starts to fall into place.
What drives you to do this?
- I feel it's my role in life. I feel so incredible and happy when I am at home on the farm, to live so close to nature and see the seasonal changes. Being able to take care of the small part of the planet is my driving force.
- There was nothing I knew when I left home 21 years ago, but it's a feeling that has grown over the years. At the same time, we haven't talked about this at home, even though I am the only child. My parents have never pushed me. But I don't think that they are particularly surprised, because I have always sought home on all days off and weekends. I have had my own house and my horse that I have tried to ride every other weekend to the extent possible.
Many friends and colleagues in Stockholm are surprised at her choice, and they say she is brave.
- They have a hard time relating to the life I have at home in Småland, in the same way that my relatives and friends in Småland do not have a clue about what I have done in Stockholm. For those in Småland, I am Karolin who goes in dirty clothes, drives a saw and paints. But to me, two worlds complement each other.
- I think it has been braver to join and equip Sweden's future head of state, with the great responsibility and confidence that comes with it. I think the security of the farm has helped me keep my head cool in my professional life, so that I have been able to be an honest advisor.
What qualities does your successor need?
- Integrity, professionalism, an eye for detail and a great humility for both the role of the Crown Princess and the role one plays. You must not forget that you are there to support and help. Self-distance, curiosity and a little humor are not so stupid qualities to have.
Aren't you going to miss the spotlight, you have lived an exciting life at the court?
- No, but I will miss the Crown Princess as a person. We have come close to each other and I think she is a completely magical person. Her curiosity, knowledge and incredible warmth have really gone straight into the heart. But I am humbled that every thing has its time. I have had the role myself on loan and it is important that the person who comes after me gets the space needed to be able to do a good job.
Sista sommaren med kungafamiljen - Di Weekend
Translation

Last edited:
Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist attended at Valerie Aflalo's official showing of her AW2019 collection on 11th September, Tina on the right of Valerie. Andrea Brodin attended too.
https://files.elledecoration.se/uploads/sites/42/2019/09/img_8550.jpg

It is curious that she speaks Portuguese. Did she live in Brazil or Portugal in the past ?

Lena Bartholdson has studied at the University of Coimbra in Portugal.
Lena Bartholdsons liv –innan Victoria _ Svensk Dam

Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist yesterday at Micael Bindefeld's 60th birthday party in Tel Aviv, Israel.

Tina with Micael Bindefeld
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2tuS-Po6cQ/

Victoria's aide-de-camp in September is commodore Anna-Karin Broth (51), who has since 1st March been a Department Manager at Swedish Armed Forces Headquarters.
https://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:155813491:1800x650:w?v=5d5aaa94&m=jmkpdfhp

Svensk Damtidning's article about the former Heads of HRH The Crown Princess's Household.

Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg was Victoria's first Marshal of the Court.
She had worked at the court from 1970's and was the director of the press department. When Victoria got her own Household, Elisabeth became the head of it. She left her job in the autumn 2008. Today, she is a communications advisor at Lennox PR in Stockholm. She is also a member of the board of Nordens Ark, Millesgårdens Vänner and since 2017 is chair of Postkodstiftelsen.

Jörgen Lindström was Victoria's second Marshal of the Court.
He was a diplomat, lawyer and naval officer. He came from a job as Embassy Secretary at the Swedish Embassy in Baghdad, Iraq. He remained in his job for over three years and one of his biggest assignments was the planning and implementation of the Crown Princess's wedding. Jörgen Lindström is now the Ambassador of Sweden in Lebanon.

Karolin A. Johansson, Victoria's third Marshal of the Court, came from the Government Offices, she had been the press secretary of Lena Adelsohn Liljeroth, the Minister for Culture and Sport. After seven years as the Head of Victoria's Household she quit her job and moved to Mönstrerås to take care of the family farm.

Lena Bartholdson started as the Head of HRH The Crown Princess's Household on 19th August.

Lena Bartholdson, the Head of HRH The Crown Princess's Household, and Daniel's secretary Fredrik Brodin attended yesterday with Daniel The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences' "Science & Society Forum - Artificial intelligence at what price?"
Lena Bartholdson and Fredrik Brodin
Fredrik Brodin

Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist (on the right) celebrated New Year in Palma de Mallorca together with her friends, among them event and party organiser Micael Bindefeld.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6yMxRuHWxV/

Victoria's former aide-de-camp Ewa Skoog Haslum was appointed the Chief of Navy on 11 December 2019 and will take office on 1 February 2020. She will at the same time be promoted to rear admiral.
Ewa Skoog Haslum blir ny marinchef - Försvarsmakten

Ewa Skoog Haslum was one of Victoria's aide-de-camps on 2010-2017.

Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, the former Marshal of the Court of HRH Crown Princess's Household and the former director of the press department, has broken her shoulder and hip, when she fell on ice.
- It hurt terribly, she tells Aftonbladet.
On Monday, Micael Bindefeld's, 60, annual scholarship in memory of the Holocaust was awarded and among the guests was, among others, Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, 69.
She leaned on a crutch when she made the entrance to the Dramaten, and tells Aftonbladet about the accident she had in the beginning of December.
- I slipped on a small spot of ice and broke my right hip and shoulder. It was the second of December, she says on her way to the scholarship awards and continues:
- This was the second of December. I had to undergo an operation. I have a new shoulder and was operated in the hip.
She can't help but agree when we argue that it must have been terribly painful.
- Yes, it did.
Surely there was no further Christmas present.
- No, not really.
Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, as I said, is using a crutch, and how long the recovery will be to see.
- I have no idea, but I'm struggling.
Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg om olyckan_ Fruktansvärt ont _ Aftonbladet
Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg i otäck olycka _ Svensk Dam

Victoria's aide-de-camp this month is colonel Laura Swaan Wrede, the commander of Livgardet (The Life Guards).

Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist attended the launch of Björn Axén's new hair care products, 5th February.
On 6th February she attended the showing and exhibition of Camilla Thulin's AW20 collection at the House of Nobility.

Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnqvist celebrated today her 60th birthday.
Tina's friend, Sweden's best known event organiser Micael Bindefeld congratulated Tina at his Instagram with a lovely photo of his son Simeon with Tina. And Tina has got a lot of congratulations at the photo.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8myVMaHMJB/

Victoria's aide-de-camp colonel Laura Swaan Wrede (the commander of Livgardet (The Life Guards), first female commander of Livgardet) is today appointed as the acting army chief and promoted as brigadier general, the first female general of all time at the Swedish Armed Forces. The ceremony was held yesterday. She has been Victoria's aide-de-camp for over 10 years and served her last month as Victoria's aide-de-camp in February.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUcRAnPWoAE_hTX?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUcRAnJWkAAcdkI?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUcRAnYWAAMuShI?format=jpg&name=large

Victoria's aide-de-camp Ewa Skoog Haslum was the first female admiral in Sweden, promoted in December 2016. She took office as the Chief of Navy on 1st February and was promoted as rear admiral.

Last edited:
Article about Victoria's stylist Tina in Svensk Damtidning:
Crown Princess Victoria is undoubtedly one of Europe's best dressed royalty. Her style is constantly evolving and she dares to try something new. The woman behind Victoria's stylish look is Christina "Tina" Törnquist, and her official title is chambermaid - or personal stylist in daily speech.
Tina has worked with the Crown Princess since 2009, and during her eleven years she has transformed Victoria's style. Gone are the murky, boring and old-maidish, and the wardrobe is instead filled with lovely colors, exciting cuts and some bold design.
As Victoria's stylist, Tina has also made sure to introduce Swedish brands into the Crown Princess's wardrobe, brands such as Acne, Rodebjer and House of Dagmar.
- I scan the market and check all the brands. I take home what dresses her and is suitable for the occasions she will show up. We have a collaboration where I show, she looks and we try. But in the end she is the one who should feel that it will be good - and she has an interest, Tina said in an interview with Aftonbladet.
Tina has her own company as a stylist and is officially employed by Victoria. Tina lives in an apartment of 66 square meters in the Royal Stables. In addition to horses and carriages, there are a number of floors that are disposed by the king, and several of the tenants are (or have been) employed by the court. Some of Tina's neighbors are Crown Equerry and Head of the Royal Stable Ulf Gunnehed and the King's secretary Heidi Kumlin.
Tina lives alone, but she has three adult children; Fanny, 34, and twins Johanna and Ellen, 24. She is a very private person and rarely gives interviews.
However, Tina is a frequent visitor at various events and she is often seen on fashion shows, premieres and mingles. And of course she always shows up well dressed - just like her royal client!
Before Tina joined the Crown Princess, she worked as a tailor and pattern designer. She has also worked with the TV program Äntligen hemma, styled advertising photographs and Mio's furniture catalog and been a clothing assistant during the filming of the movie Tomten är far till alla barnen.
Tina was also a member of the jury for Damernas Värld's Fashion Prize Guldknappen 2018. And in magazine Damernas Värld Tina unveils her very best style tricks.
The first is "Dare to dress up!"
- If it's a party, get dressed up! Make yourself as nice as you can and take the opportunity to glitter. See it as a nice gesture towards those who are organizing the party or gala. They are doing their utmost for you, it is the least you can give back, says Tina.
The second is "Respect the dress code"
- Dress in something you like. With the right outfit you can find safety in yourself. The best party dress can make you shine inside and out. That's what's so great about clothes.
- These tips are timeless and with them you can manage in all contexts, locations, and weather, Tina concludes.

About Victoria's hair stylist Peter Andersson (born 1966).

In January 2020 at Elle Galan
Unknown for the public, but a big shot in the fashion world. Peter Andersson is Sweden's leading fashion show producer, as well as Crown Princess Victoria's hair stylist.
Today you are Crown Princess Victoria's hairdresser, how did you get that assignment?
“The first time was for the wedding, it was Crown Princess stylist Tina Törnqvist who contacted me. It is a great honor and treat to do it. Since then, I've done several of the Crown Princess's hairdos."
»Neonrosa, resten är hemligt« - Di Weekend

Peter Andersson's interview in summer 2011 at magazine Bon
Peter Andersson is our uncrowned fashion king. As a legendary hair stylist and display guru, he has for several decades organised and dictated the Stockholm fashion scene.
He is one of the most important unknown people in the Swedish fashion world. Basically, he is a hairdresser and hair stylist, best known to the public for having made the hair of Crown Princess Victoria during her wedding. He has worked with everything and everyone, done work for foreign magazines such as Numéro and French Vogue, as well as countless Swedish newspapers including Bon, and jetted the world for the largest advertising accounts in the industry. In recent years he has also started to work more and more as a show producer with fashion week in Stockholm and Elle-galan as his two biggest projects.
- It's my first medal. Now this summer I got my second medal. I am most proud of it in my life.
What is it?
- The Crown Princess Couple's Commemorative Medal. They are pictured on the other side. It has been such a fascination for me. I loved going to castles when I was little, Gripsholms especially, with the portrait collection. My sister's name is Ulrika after Ulrika Eleonora. So it sits deep rooted. Since then I have been deeply fascinated by the jewels. Not that I wanted to wear them, I'm interested in the background. When the Crown Princess got married, I got to put on the diadem that Napoleon had made as a gift to Joséphine. I held it in my hand! I get goose bumps just thinking about it. It's such a craft, so beautiful that you go crazy. I know those diadems like running water. I knew them long before I was asked by the court.
Peter turns and points at the bookshelf and a whole pile of jewel books with names like Famous Jewelery Collectors and Tiaras.
How did you start working with the hoof?
- Before the wedding, there was someone on the court who had sense to hire Mikael Jansson to take the official pictures. Then I met Crown Princess Victoria for the first time. It was on the recommendation of Tina Törnqvist, in connection with the wedding photography. First of all, it was bewildering to just make the first pictures. That you got to be at the palace. There is some magic to that. I enjoy the whole tradition, I think the form of government is excellent. They wanted me to come up with a proposal. It was really nervous! I didn't say anything to anyone, because it's so disappointing if you don't get the job. I had to choose the format all by myself, so I decided to do as when I was doing shows. I bought a toy diadem at Butterick's, made a head and made various suggestions and photographed. Then I came in.
How did the work go then?
- I did the hair to the third wedding gift reception. Then I was with her the entire wedding week at the palace. I was making preparations with the queen, who was very involved. It was incredibly fun and a great honor. Crown Princess Victoria was perfect that day. The important thing for her was to feel safe. If you have such a diadem - it is invaluable - then you want to feel it. It was Queen Sofia's veil, it is over a hundred years old. I was at the Royal Collections with seamstresses and a conservator and did a rail as it sat in the back. And then when we met for a touch up at Her Majesty the Queen's office during the day and would go through the palace, the Crown Princess said, because the wind took hold of the veil outside on Skeppsholmen so it just flew: "Then I thought, now we'll see if Peter has done his job."
And you had it.
- Then I'm proud of these stories.
Peter picks up a scrapbook with countless pictures of Victoria in various outfits and hairstyles, pictures of hair sets on the doll, newspaper articles. He browses to a picture from the wedding concert at the Concert Hall where Victoria has a hair piece in the shape of an arrow.
- That arrow is a brooch in the royal collections. There was a lot of research and the royal ladies-in-waiting produced a lot of different things. The queen told me that she had used this arrow once. It was on a Spanish state visit. There is a painting by Goya where the ladies have arrows through their hair and she wanted to refer to it. Since then, it had not been used. I had done a sketch on the doll. The arrow I had made in cardboard box on the sketch. They were sitting at the front, so the Crown Princess had her back to the audience. For me it is an incredible honorary assignment to work with the Crown Princess. Besides, I think they do such an amazing job. I have never seen anyone working so much.
A friend of mine interpreted to Victoria at one time and said he was very impressed with her.
- She is professional, well prepared and knowledgeable about the things she has to do. I am very impressed with her. But so am I also with the Prince [Daniel].
Peter flips through his scrapbook, points to different hairstyles he likes, and talks about jewels that he thinks are fantastic (including a pair of Gustav III's shoulder epaulettes that were transformed into a pair of earrings for Victoria).
When I start talking about career top moments with Peter, he first turns away from the question and says that it must be decided by others before he acknowledges that it may be the photography of the Crown Princess couple with Mikael Jansson. But then he adds:
- Something I also feel very proud and flattered about is my collaboration with Sandra Backlund. She called me when she was going out Beckmans: "Hi my name is Sandra", in Norrland. "I wonder if you would like to be my supervisor when I go out to Beckmans?" That's when she did her hair and she realized that she needed to be supervised by a hairdresser. It resulted in a great friendship. She is so amazing at what she does. So it was incredibly flattering that she needed my help. Night after night, night after night. It was so there that I longed to go to Beckmans. I've always been fascinated by fearless people.
För Modesverige i tiden _ bon.se

Last edited:
Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, the former Marshal of the Court and Head of Victoria's Household, was as a guest at TV4's News morning's "Summer guest" series on Victoria's birthday 14th July. At the interview some photos of ETW with Victoria are shown.
ETW is asked if she had congratulated Victoria. ETW says that she sent a SMS, she didn't want to disturb her. The hosts said that they talked about the great book Victoria is involved, about her hikes. ETW says that she has only read about the book, she hasn't seen it yet. The hosts ask if ETW and the crown princess still have a very close relationship? ETW says that it isn't like that they see every day but they have contact with SMS and phone and they meet every now and then. ETW tells that she met Victoria for the first time at her christening. The hosts asks: You have a very fine relationship, very close? Why is it like that? ETW says that it is a good question, she has always thought that Victoria is a fantastic person, when they met for the first time, Victoria looked at her with her big dark eyes, she made already then an impression to ETW. Victoria is honest, straight, curious, fun person. When you see the Crown Princess today, the woman with charisma, with character, with moral courage, ETW thinks it's great that she overcame her eating disorder. The royal couple decided that it was better to talk about it than be quiet. ETW says that during the 32 years at the court she never felt that she was a part of the royal family, it was important for the royal family and also for the staff, that there is a line between the private life and official. ETW is happy that she doesn't work at the court anymore, the social media is not her thing. She concentrates at her work at Boards, at Nordens Ark (where she is giving a donation on Victoria's birthday, Victoria is the patron) and at Postkodstiftelsen, where she is the Chair of the Board, and does some work as a communations adviser.
Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg_ Det var den svåraste krisen

Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg was a guest at Finnish YLE Vega's "Sommarprat" (Summer Talk) on 7th July.
Elisabeth's Finnish-Swedish genes have given her a lot of sisu that she has benefited from in life - not least during the 32 years she worked for the Swedish court. She talks about this in her summer talk in Yle Vega. Her father grew up between the two world wars in Dalsbruk on Kimitö Island in Sweden, where grandmother Brita had a milk shop.
At her speech ETW says, that she thinks it is especially nice that Victoria and Daniel understand what the relationships between Sweden and Finland have meant historically and see the importance of taking care of the relationship now. Victoria was 19 years old when she for the first time took part at a state visit abroad, and the royal couple choose very deliberately Finland. The visit ended at a private crayfish party in a very relaxed atmosphere.
ETW says that her last years at the court were the best, when she builded HRH The Crown Princess's Household and was made a Marshal of the Court. It was an honour to work with the future Head of State.
Hovmarskalken Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg_ Jag har haft nytta av den sisu jag ärvde av min finlandssvenska farmor i mitt jobb vid svenska hovet _ Kultur och nöje _ svenska.yle.fi

Last edited:
About Lena Bartholdson, the Marshal of the Court and Head of HRH The Crown Princess's Household.

You constantly see her ten steps behind the Crown Princess: Long. Professional. And always with the hair in a ponytail.
Lena Bartholdson, 50, is the unknown woman who flashes by when the Crown Princess couple is out on a mission. She routinely blends into the background, and she is very skilled at not ending up in the photographers' focus. Her task is to act - but not be seen.
As the Marshal of the Court and Head of HRH The Crown Princess's Household, Lena Bartholdson is responsible for Victoria and Daniel's program: Who they meet. What they do. And when. She took over when the Karolin A. Johansson left quite exactly a year ago, and she came from the Government Offices.
- It was an offer I did not anticipate. Interesting, honoring and impossible to say no to, Lena Bartholdson told Svensk Dam in connection with her step into the court's special world: The job includes a service uniform in velvet.
Lena Bartholdson is a political scientist and came from the Ministry of Defense, where she was head of the Secretariat for Security Policy, International Relations and Analysis. She has also been head of the security policy unit at the Swedish Defence Research Agency (FOI) and worked at the Swedish embassy in Pretoria, South Africa. Lena Bartholdson is also a member of The Royal Academy of Military Sciences, and was for five years Secretary General of the Folk och Försvar (Society and Defence) National Conference.
And private? Yes, Lena Bartholdson lives in a villa in Danderyd, and has a twelve-year-old son and two teenage daughters with her partner Arne.
Okända kvinnan som alltid syns bakom Victoria _ Svensk Dam

Colonel Lena Persson Herlitz, who has been one of Victoria's aide-de-camps since 2008, has been appointed as the new Head of the Policy and Plans Department.
The Supreme Commander has appointed Lena Persson Herlitz as the new head of the Policy and Plans Department. In connection with assuming her new position on 10 September she is promoted to Major General. She will also be a member of the Armed Forces Superior Command.
Lena Persson Herlitz, new Head of the Policy and Plans Department - Swedish Armed Forces

Victoria's chambermaid/stylist Tina Törnquist on 16th September at a leisure center for homelesss persons, which the organization Vid din sida (By your side) has opened in the Stockholm suburb Kärrtorp.

Back
Top Bottom