Queen Elizabeth II's Health Issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the other grandchildren?

No reports on them one way or the other. The media are only reporting on The Queen's children and William and the Sussex's as going to Balmoral.

I'm getting upset at this news and I'm not even English!

What a remarkable woman. I pray that she is allowed to rest comfortably and that her family has some level of comfort in knowing that she has lived a full and exemplary life.

[.....]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been dreading this kind of news for years.....:sad: I agree that it's very fortunate Harry happens to be on the Continent nearby.

Last edited:
It does sound very worrying indeed. Charles, Camilla and Anne are already there, and Andrew, Edward, William and Harry are on their way.

I'm not quite sure why the BBC have suspended their programmes, because all they're doing is speculating over a very brief statement, but the fact that they've done so is also worrying - who knows whether they know more than has been announced publicly?

I'm getting very tearful. Hoping desperately that our beloved Queen will be OK.

Last edited:
They are putting barricades outside of Balmoral and there won't be a changing of the guard today at Buckingham Palace... :(

It does sound very worrying indeed. Charles, Camilla and Anne are already there, and Andrew, Edward, William and Harry are on their way.

I'm not quite sure why the BBC have suspended their programmes, because all they're doing is speculating over a very brief statement, but the fact that they've done so is also worrying - who knows whether they know more than has been announced publicly?

I'm getting very tearful. Hoping desperately that our beloved Queen will be OK.

Since the BBC is constantly reporting the news, it's not a good sign.
They must know more than they say, that's for sure, at least they must have some indications of what's really going on....

They must know more than they say, that's for sure, at least they must have some indications of what's really going on....

It seems it as all reporters are wearing black

Even without further inside information all the signs are rather clear I am afraid... They have been preparing for this moment for years, so can fall back on their scripts. Nonetheless, of course, there might be some delay in reporting what is going on at Balmoral to give the family some needed privacy and time to process... It is hard enough without knowing that the whole world is waiting for news... while at the same time all preparations by Palace staff are being made in case the worst happens.

Kensington Palace have announced the Duchess of Cambridge has remained in Windsor since the kids had their first full day at their new school. Nothing has been reported on other grandchildren and grandchildren-in-law

Also, no surprises Prince Harry is on his way since he is on the Councellor of State

That is a fair comment regarding counsellor of state

They may be waiting for the family to have time to gather at Balmoral before releasing a further statement.
From the tone of the BBC’s reporting it does seem they’ve been made aware that the Queen isn’t expected to recover.

Cardinal Vincent Nichols, Archbishop of Westminster is leading prayers for the queen adding and stated that he is deeply concerned by the news.The Cardinal and offered "May the blessings of the Lord strengthen and comfort her and her family."

Also of note on the BBC
Buckingham Palace calls off Changing of the Guard

They may be waiting for the family to have time to gather at Balmoral before releasing a further statement.
From the tone of the BBC’s reporting it does seem they’ve been made aware that the Queen isn’t expected to recover.
I watched it for a minute or 2, and I think you're right. She is not expected to recover.

I don't think they need inside information (though they may have it). Based on that big Guardian article that came out a few years ago, the media has been briefed on the tone and tenor of the statements that will come out as things advance, and the statement earlier today was sadly very much in keeping with what would be expected.

My internet access will be spotty over the next few days so the purpose of this post is to share my thoughts and prayers not only for the Queen and her family, but for the many people on this forum who love and care about the Queen. I love coming on this forum and appreciate the opportunity to everyone's thoughts, even though we don't always agree.

Whatever happens, I am taking comfort in the fact that less than 2 days ago, she was alert, sharp, and carrying out an important service for her nation. I know that I am not the only person inspired by her strength, faith, and her generosity of spirit. The lady doesn't have a mean or vindictive bone in her body.

According to Sky News the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have cancelled their engagement tonight and will be joining the family in Balmoral.

Last edited:
Such a terribly sad day and worrying news. I hope Her Majesty will recover but I know the reality is she is 96 and has suffered from ill health for a long time now.

The memo which unfortunately leaked some years ago states that "The U.K. government website — GOV.UK — will display a black banner at the top". I just checked and it does. Can someone confirm the colour of the banner say yesterday?

Based on the same memo it does not seem the procedures that would be in place should Her Majesty have already passed away seem to be in place but of course those might have been changed after the leak. I fear for what happens at 6 pm and hope we would get good news on the health of the queen.

The Prince of Wales has arrived at Balmoral as per the BBC and is at the queens side.

My internet access will be spotty over the next few days so the purpose of this post is to share my thoughts and prayers not only for the Queen and her family, but for the many people on this forum who love and care about the Queen. I love coming on this forum and appreciate the opportunity to everyone's thoughts, even though we don't always agree.

Whatever happens, I am taking comfort in the fact that less than 2 days ago, she was alert, sharp, and carrying out an important service for her nation. I know that I am not the only person inspired by her strength, faith, and her generosity of spirit. The lady doesn't have a mean or vindictive bone in her body.

Very well said.

Sad news but it was expected. I hope she will recover but we need to be ready for everything.

Glad to hear that Charles is there, but he's on the spot I suppose so it was easier for him to get there.

I really don't know what to say at this time, but the situation does seem very concerning.

I am very sad, but I take comfort in what a remarkable woman she is. She must have been very ill on Tuesday, yet she formally met with her newest Prime Minister. She is an example like no other of what true duty and service mean, no matter what country you are from or what your beliefs are.

I understand that there was no video of her meeting with the PM last Tuesday, but only pictures. Is that correct?

Seven members of the Royal Family have just landed at Aberdeen Airport - so that'll be William, Harry and Meghan, Edward and Sophie, Andrew, and possibly either the Earl of Snowdon or Lady Sarah. Catherine is staying at Windsor to be with the children.

Seven members of the Royal Family have just landed at Aberdeen Airport - so that'll be William, Harry and Meghan, Edward and Sophie, Andrew, and possibly either the Earl of Snowdon or Lady Sarah. Catherine is staying at Windsor to be with the children.

Could be Lady Louise. She doesn't start university for a few more weeks.

I've seen some awful comments online about Catherine not traveling to Scotland but I fully understand why she is staying in Windsor. The children have had their first school day and Catherine and William did not want them to be welcomed home by staff with the parents gone. Also they would most likely prefer to brief the children about the situation themselves. She can always travel later with or without the children.

The Sussexes weren’t on board. It was just William, Andrew and the Wessexes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom