Invitations to William and Catherine’s Wedding Have Been Sent
The invitations to the wedding of HRH Prince William of Wales and Catherine Middleton on April 29, 2011, in the Westminster Abbey, have been sent. They were sent last Wednesday and Thursday, February 16 and 16, 2011. The press release read as follows:
Wedding invitations – The wedding of HRH Prince William of Wales and Miss Catherine Middleton
19th February 2011
Invitations to the wedding of Prince William and Miss Middleton have been issued in the name of Her Majesty The Queen.
The following groups of people have been invited to the wedding:
– Members of The Royal Family and their friends
– Members of the Middleton Family and their friends
– Friends of Prince William and Miss Middleton
– Members of Foreign Royal Families
– Representatives from the Defence Services
– Representatives from Prince William’s patronages
– Representatives from the Church and other faiths
– Members of the Government, Parliament and Devolved Administrations
– Members of the Diplomatic Corps
– Governors-General and Prime Ministers from the Realms
– Members of the Royal Household
Around 1,900 people have been invited to the service at Westminster Abbey.
Around 600 people have been invited to the lunchtime reception at Buckingham Palace given by The Queen.
Around 300 people have been invited to the dinner at Buckingham Palace given by The Prince of Wales.
A rough breakdown of numbers of guests is as follows (this includes spouses):
– The vast majority of guests are drawn from Prince William and Miss Middleton’s Family and Friends “over 1,000”
– Over 50 Members of The Royal Family
– Over 40 Members of Foreign Royal Families
– Over 200 Members of Government, Parliament and Diplomatic Corps
– Approximately 80 guests drawn from Prince William’s charities
– 60 Governors-General and Realm Prime Ministers
– 30 Members of the Defence Services
The EIIR on the invitation is die-stamped in gold and then burnished. The text on the invitation is also die-stamped. The edges of the invitation are bevelled then gilded.Filed under The United Kingdom
Tagged British Royal Wedding 2011, The Duchess of Cambridge, The Duke of Cambridge.