Willem-Alexander, Máxima and Family, General News 5: Aug 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
221px-Koninklijk_wapen_van_het_koninkrijk_der_Nederlanden.svg.png

Arms of the Kingdom of The Netherlands

Welcome to King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and Family General News, Part 5

Commencing August 3rd, 2023

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

The Queen was spotted at a gallery opening in Spetses. It seems to be Spetses Gallery Akroproro where there is an exhibition on works of Eugenia Livanos, the third wife of Stavros Niarchos.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvntNZqBgkN/?img_index=1

Princesses Alexia and Ariane were also photographed.

The island is not very far away from Kranidi/Doroufi, where they have the vacation villa.

Last edited:
Am I the only one recognizing the reduced facial expressions in WA's face?
Maybe just him and aging process, but then again I feel sth is wrong with him ��
Saw him at Zandvoort and still got that impression,on photos it can be coincidence but in rl?

Hope I am wrong, all the best to him :D

Message from King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima due to the earthquake in Morocco:
“Marrakech and its surroundings have been hit by a devastating earthquake. We sympathize with the families of the victims in Morocco and with the many Dutch people who are now in fear for their loved ones. You are in our thoughts.” - King Willem Alexander and Queen Maxima

The Netherlands has a sizable Moroccan-Dutch community, hence the reference to the many Dutch people.

The family supports the campaign for hedgehogs at need. Queen Máxima has released three hedgehogs at the gardens of Huis ten Bosch Palace.

** Pic ** twitter post **

Hedgehogs are having an increasingly difficult time in the Netherlands due to warm summers, buildings and traffic. Queen Máxima has released three hedgehogs at Huis ten Bosch Palace. The garden and woodland area provide plenty of food and space for the hedgehogs.

Where do the family spend Christmas? Is there a tradition they go X place as a whole family or is it left up to each of the different parts of the family to do their own thing?

Who's that dog?

Where do the family spend Christmas? Is there a tradition they go X place as a whole family or is it left up to each of the different parts of the family to do their own thing?

According to some magazines they are going to Argentina again. But the family considers it private and it is usually not known.

--

Is this an extra photo shoot or instead of the annual ski-photo session in December?

This one is instead of the Austria one. They announced some time ago they would be more flexible in terms of photo shoots as they want to make sure the whole family is present. Eith the various schedules that is no longer at the time of the traditional summer and winter photo shoot.

There is no special routine like the British royal family has. The king and his family sometimes use this time to visit Argentina and spend time with Máxima's family. They once made a larger family trip to India (wueen Beatrix and her children and grandchildren) but all in all each family member/core decides how to spend this time of the year without any royal traditions/expectations - other than of course the Christmas message by the monarch broadcast on the First day of Christmas. .

Last edited by a moderator:
Mambo the family dog

Is Mambo the same dog specie than CP Victoria's Rio?
Our family are “dog people”! Smile. Amongst us, we have 2 shitzu, cocker spaniel, a poodle, two Bernie/poos, 2 golden doodles, etc.
Mambo looks like a poodle. (We have one.). Crown Princess Victoria’s dog is a cavapoo.

Apparently Mambo is a toy poodle - and it is rumored he is Ariane's (and possibly Máxima's) dog
- given to her when both her sisters left home.

Last edited:
Apparently Mambo is a toy poodle - and it is rumored he is Ariane's (and possibly Máxima's) dog
- given to her when both her sisters left home.

I have heard Mambo referred to as a mix.

The family posed for some lovely Christmas photos at Palace Huis ten Bosch today, December 22:

The Christmas Photo shoot was wonderful and loved the inclusion of the cute dog!

Does the article state if it was a weekend trip or a whole week?

Nothing in the Dutch press about it.

Last edited:
Apparently they were on a two-week skiing trip. Unlike previous years there was no photo session. And there were also no paparazzi photos. I imagine they were in Lech.

See twitter of Rick Evers

I haven't seen anything about it in the rest of the press either.

The skiing trip traditionally has been photo-worthy for decades. But apparently that died a quiet death. I remember when the media code was introduced that the deal was that a photo session in Lech would be given in exchange for the press to leave them alone. But by now the press leaves them alone anyway and no photo session is needed.

Apparently they were on a two-week skiing trip. Unlike previous years there was no photo session. And there were also no paparazzi photos. I imagine they were in Lech.

See twitter of Rick Evers

I haven't seen anything about it in the rest of the press either.

The skiing trip traditionally has been photo-worthy for decades. But apparently that died a quiet death. I remember when the media code was introduced that the deal was that a photo session in Lech would be given in exchange for the press to leave them alone. But by now the press leaves them alone anyway and no photo session is needed.

They've changed the 'rules' unilaterally. They only do a photo session when all the girls are around, so, the recent 'Christmas photo session' was held instead of the traditional skiing holiday photo session.

I wonder whether the skiing holiday to Baqueira Beret (Infanta Cristina's favorite skiing destination) was with Máxima's friends from Argentina. In the (non-authorized) biography about her life prior to Willem-Alexander, it was explained that she still tries to yearly go on holiday with her group of friends from Argentina. The HOLA article referenced that she was with (female) friends.

I believe that was a different ski-trip? Or perhaps she started there and ended up in Lech? IIRC I read she was indeed there for a weekend with her Argentine friends.

The unilateral change of the rules seems to be in agreement with the press, as they all stick to their part of the media code. While the Spanish press can publish what they want, the Dutch press can not. I believe Santegoeds once explained that the costs of any potential lawsuit were simply not affordable.

Although the RF will enjoy their privacy I am not quite sure how good it is to have this cordon around them. These days we get to hear more news about the British RF than our own.

The Queen and Princess Alexia reportedly came back to Spain (the official country of DRF's private affairs) and had lunch with Spanish business woman Elena Cué and her daughter Alejandra (Princess Alexia's age) at the restaurant Hocher.

Article from Vanitatis

It seems much of HMs social life takes place in Spain. We never see any of this in the Netherlands. We do of course not have a jetset like in larger countries in Western Europe. Elena Cué is married to Alberto Cortina, a billionaire and businesman several decades her senior and ex-husband of one of the Koplowitz sisters.

Isn't there that media code, that would make similar pictures taken in the Netherlands pretty much impossible? So, maybe Her Majesty does do such outings, just the general public never gets to know about it?!

best wishes Michiru

Yes, it seems that Máxima and her daughters like the Spanish jet set.

In recent years, the population of rich Latin Americans who move to live or have a second residence in Madrid has increased, so Máxima can have friends from her country who belong to that group.

Jan Taminiau now lives most of the time in Madrid. His partner Juan Várez belongs to a rich family closely related to the art world. Princess Miriam Ungría (first from Bulgaria, now from Jordan) and Elena Cué are friends of Juan.

Private universities like IE University are now very popular among rich young Europeans and Latin Americans... so the princesses probably have friends in Madrid.

Back
Top Bottom