Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 6: 2020-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I would love if Silvia wore the Brananza tiara but I don't expect that to happen.
Unfortunately she has not worn it for the last two royal state visits to Sweden ( Japan/Luxembourg)

There will be a Spanish state visit to Sweden in November. If there will be a tiara event, here are my guesses:

Silvia: Sapphire tiara

Victoria: Baden Fringe tiara

Madeleine: Aquamarine Kokoshink tiara

Sofia: Wedding tiara

Letizia: Carter Pearl and Diamond tiara

I think Letizia will wear the Cartier Fleur de Lys,, but I wish she wore instead the Cartier Loop, which is her nicest tiara in my opinion.

I concur that Queen Silvia will wear the Leuchtenberg sapphire parure, which is her normal choice when hosting visiting monarchs. The Braganza tiara could be an alternative, but maybe too much especially if it is a scaled-down dinner because of Covid.

I don’t think Victoria has a Spanish order yet, but she might get the order of Carlos III as a Crown Princess. In that case, the Aquamarine tiara would go well with the sash.

Last edited:
> For the Spanish state visit to Sweden, I think Letizia will wear the large Fleur-des-Lys tiara. That said I would be perfectly happy if she wore either of the other 2 large pearl and diamond tiara's she has access to.

> I suspect Silvia will be in the sapphires, or possible the Pronger.

> Victoria will probably be in the Baden Fringe or the Connaught

> Sofia will probably wear her wedding tiara, possibly with pearl toppers.

Any thoughts on what Maxima may wear in Athens on the Dutch state visit to Greece in December?

Any thoughts on what Maxima may wear in Athens on the Dutch state visit to Greece in December?

Something small and in the colours of the Greek flag perhaps, so my guess would be the diamond and sapphire tiara/necklace.

> For the Spanish state visit to Sweden, I think Letizia will wear the large Fleur-des-Lys tiara. That said I would be perfectly happy if she wore either of the other 2 large pearl and diamond tiara's she has access to.

> I suspect Silvia will be in the sapphires, or possible the Pronger.

> Victoria will probably be in the Baden Fringe or the Connaught

> Sofia will probably wear her wedding tiara, possibly with pearl toppers.

I hope that Queen Silvia will go back to her old Tradition and brings out the Braganca tiara like she died earlier for State Visits from other monarchies
For Queen Letizia i think the fluer-de-lys tiara or the loop diaomnd and pearl tiara

I hope that Queen Silvia will go back to her old Tradition and brings out the Braganca tiara like she died earlier for State Visits from other monarchies
For Queen Letizia i think the fluer-de-lys tiara or the loop diaomnd and pearl tiara

Much as I would love to see the Braganca out again, I am not optimistic. If I am not mistaken, the last time the tiara was used was in 2010 for the wedding of the Crown Princess.

Much as I would love to see the Braganca out again, I am not optimistic. If I am not mistaken, the last time the tiara was used was in 2010 for the wedding of the Crown Princess.

Yes she hasn't worn it since then. So high time to bring it out again. But then there haven't been incoming State visits from other monarchies since then and there was also no white tie Banquet for the King's 70th birthday in 2016 (she has worn it for his 60th birthday).

Last edited:
Something small and in the colours of the Greek flag perhaps, so my guess would be the diamond and sapphire tiara/necklace.

The Dutch aquamarine parure perhaps? Adequate for a state visit to a republic (not too much) and also similar to the Greek colors, although the shade of blue in the Greek flag is darker.

I love the fleur-de-lys, but I wish Letizia will use the two pearls big guns. It would be great to see Silvia use the Braganza but I don't think it will happen (I hope I'm wrong!), probably would be the sapphire. Victoria, my initial guess is the Connaught but then realize she just wore it in previous state visit, so maybe the amethysts or the aquamarines? sofia with her wedding one (emeralds or turquoises ver.?).

I guess it would be the aquamarines or the sapphires (necklace) Maxima in Greece as well. Or maybe the pearls one (the one that can be interchanged with emeralds).

Last edited:
For Máxima in Geece it could also the antique pearl tiara or the pearl button tiara or the diamond bandeau and then the sapphire necklace/tiara as necklace.

The Braganza tiara is gorgeous but too big and I'd imagine some weight too involved in wearing it.

For the potential Spanish state visit to Sweden in November:

- Queen Silvia - The Braganza Tiara

She last wore it in 2010, which actually was the last suitable time to wear it. She last wore it for a state visit in Denmark in 2007, and at an incoming state visit in 2000 from Japan. In 2008, from Luxemburg she opted for the Leuchtenberg sapphires (no one knows why?) The visits from Norway in 2005, and Japan in 2007 were official visits so not really suitable for the Braganza. Now would be the time to bring it back, if she feels she manage, otherwise I think it will be the Leuchtenberg sapphires again.

- Crown Princess Victoria - The Karl Johan Tiara (aka The Six Button Tiara)

It's a favourite of hers, and quite grand. It has been some time since she wore it.

- Princess Sofia - The Amethyst Tiara

This one really suited her, and would like to see her wear it again. But, she has only been wearing her wedding tiara, in various settings, since it was altered. Hope that will end now.

- Princess Madeleine - The Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara

I doubt she will attend. If the Nobel Prizes were going to be handed out on the 10th, she might have been attending this one, but I doubt it. But let us hope!

- Princess Christina - The Connaought Diamond Tiara

Impossible to know what she might wear, or even if she will attend. It was however, a long time since we saw this one on her.

For Máxima in Geece it could also the antique pearl tiara or the pearl button tiara or the diamond bandeau and then the sapphire necklace/tiara as necklace.

I would be delighted to see Maxima wear the antique pearl tiara, it has been some time since she has used it.

The next Royal Weding will be on October 23th in Athens for Prince Philipos and Nina on October 23th. I suppose the future bride will wear her Sisters in Law tiara.

It is the same Cathedral where his parents married in 1964.
Queen Elisabeth and Prince Philip did attend the former Greek Weddings.
Now it will be a great Family Gathering .

Last edited:
For Queen Margrethe II's golden jubilee in 2022, it was announced that there will be a gala dinner with foreign guests. I am not sure if it will be a tiara event.

For Queen Margrethe II's golden jubilee in 2022, it was announced that there will be a gala dinner with foreign guests. I am not sure if it will be a tiara event.

I suspect it will be a white tie event, the previous ones have been.

I suspect it will be a white tie event, the previous ones have been.

Very likely and probably some of the guests (those who have it) will be wearing the Collar of the Order of the Elephant like for her 25th and 40th Jubilee's.
There will also be an Gala at the Royal Theater wich will be either a white tie Event or black tie with tiaras.

Very likely and probably some of the guests (those who have it) will be wearing the Collar of the Order of the Elephant like for her 25th and 40th Jubilee's.
There will also be an Gala at the Royal Theater wich will be either a white tie Event or black tie with tiaras.

You are right, I expect some of the guests to be wearing the collar of the Order of the Elephant. I am sure that will throw up some complications for some of the ladies.

I think Queen Maxima will wear the Antique Pearl tiara for the Greek state visit in December.

I think Queen Maxima will wear the Antique Pearl tiara for the Greek state visit in December.

That would be very nice. Though I suspect the Diamond collet bandeau may be a serious contender as well.

The Dutch are headed to Norway for a state visit next month. Wonder what Max might bring out? I think the contenders are either of:

> the smaller version of the Stuart Tiara (either the version worn in Luxembourg or Germany);
> the Wurtemberg large pearl tiara; or
> one of the Ruby parurues.

The Dutch are headed to Norway for a state visit next month. Wonder what Max might bring out? I think the contenders are either of:

> the smaller version of the Stuart Tiara (either the version worn in Luxembourg or Germany);
> the Wurtemberg large pearl tiara; or
> one of the Ruby parurues.

And then Máxima will surprise us and wear something complett different then we have guessed.

And then Máxima will surprise us and wear something complett different then we have guessed.
Hihi, that is well possible! She has so much to chose from, and she like to be creative with her jewels.:D

I think that the Stuart tiara is a new favorite of her, maybe she hasn't explored all it's possibilities yet? Also, I can imagine the big sapphire tiara or the Württemberg pearl tiara.
Queen Sonja will probably wear her grandest tiara, which is the emerald whopper. (And hopefully not with the salmon gown:eek:)
I hope that Mette-Marit will feel well enough to attend. She'll probably wear the daisy bandeau, because the amethysts would clash with the sash colour and the vifte is definitely not her favourite.
Märtha-Louise? Hm, in the Ari Behn-days they might have been present, but in the shaman days I find that harder to imagine.
For Astrid I hope for the vasa tiara, and please not the antennae!

Also, I can imagine the big sapphire tiara or the Württemberg pearl tiara.

Maxima wore the large sapphire tiara in Norway in 2017 for the 80th birthday parties of the King and Queen, so I would expect her to use another tiara.

Queen Sonja will probably wear her grandest tiara, which is the emerald whopper. (And hopefully not with the salmon gown:eek:)

I also think of the Queen Josephine all diamond tiara as Sonja's largest tiara, and would love to see her use it again.

As the cordon of the Order of St Olav is red, there is a chance that Máxima will wear rubies. Then I hope she will wear both the diadem (picture) as the mirrored collier (picture) of the Peacock Ruby Parure.

And if not, I hope she will wear the other ruby parure, the one of Mellerio dits Meller, that means: with devant-de-corsage in original setting (picture).

As the cordon of the Order of St Olav is red, there is a chance that Máxima will wear rubies. Then I hope she will wear both the diadem (picture) as the mirrored collier (picture) of the Peacock Ruby Parure.

And if not, I hope she will wear the other ruby parure, the one of Mellerio dits Meller, that means: with devant-de-corsage in original setting (picture).

Yes, I too am hoping we get to see the mirrored peacock Ruby parure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom