Bridal Tiara Guessing for Up-coming Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My guess is like anyone's: Queen Paola's beautiful art déco diadem.

When it was worn by Countess Anna Theresa of Arco-Zinneberg it was mentioned by one of the Jewel-Experts (don't remember the name) that the tiara is now owned by Prince Lorenz who had loaned it to his niece.

Perhaps it will also depend which tiaras are available for Maria Laura. If the art deco bandeau was really gifted to the Duchess of Brabant it is perhaps not available for Maria Laura and she has no choice.
I have read the same think about the Savoy Aosta tiara, that the Countess borrowed it from her aunt Astrid. I don't remember where I read it, but I think it was Bunte, so I'm taking the information with a grain of salt. They have presented their speculations as facts before.
If she does , will it be yet another sign that the tiara has been now given to Princess Astrid and is no longer available to the main royal line ?
I don't think that it will tell us much. It could just mean that she likes the tiara and borrowed it from her granny. We'd have to wait and see which tiara Princess Elisabeth is going to wear in the future, whether Pr. Astrid starts to wear it on a regular basis, or which tiaras other brides in the family are going to wear. (I'm hoping that Prince Joachim is going to tie the knot soon. :D)

I have read the same think about the Savoy Aosta tiara, that the Countess borrowed it from her aunt Astrid. I don't remember where I read it, but I think it was Bunte, so I'm taking the information with a grain of salt. They have presented their speculations as facts before.

I think the one who had mentioned it was Vincent meylan. He also mentioned that Countess Anna Theresawore diamopnd stars who had once belonged to Empress Elisabeth (the came thought the Wittelsbachs into the Arco Family) for the Wedding Ball fromk which we didn't get to see pics so i think that the Information is true.

I think the one who had mentioned it was Vincent meylan. He also mentioned that Countess Anna Theresawore diamopnd stars who had once belonged to Empress Elisabeth (the came thought the Wittelsbachs into the Arco Family) for the Wedding Ball fromk which we didn't get to see pics so i think that the Information is true.
Pictures of the bride wearing the diamond stars and that they had belonged to Empress Elisabeth were shared by Elisabeth of Thurn und Taxis in her Instagram stories on the night of the wedding.

Prinz Josef-Emanuel of Liechtenstein and is fiancee Maria-Claudia Echevarria are said to tie the knot on the 25th this month in Cartagena. I'm so curious to see which tiara she'll wear. I'm leaning towards the Fringe tiara, and hopefully a second tiara from the Luxembourg family for the evening reception. But given that they get married in Colombia, they might decide that only one tiara is to travel across the pond.

Prince Rickard of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg will marry Carina Axelsson in June. Maybe Benedikte will let her borrow her floral tiara at their wedding.

Last edited:
Prince Rickard of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg will marry Carina Axelsson in June. Maybe Benedikte will let her borrow her floral tiara at their wedding.

Carina has worn both the Floral Tiara and the Star and Pearl Tiara before... IF she will be wearing a tiara at all for the wedding, it would make more sense to wear the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg Fringe Tiara wich will now be at her disposal, and no longer Benedikte’s...

Last edited:
Carina has worn both the Floral Tiara and the Star and Pearl Tiara before... IF she will be wearing a tiara at all for the wedding, it would make more sense to wear the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg Fringe Tiara wich will now be at her disposal, and no longer Benedikte’s...

I agree, I thnk it will be the Fringe.

Carina has worn three tiaras so far:
- the floral tiara loaned from the Bernstorf-Gyldensteen family, who are friends of Princess Benedikte
- Queen Sofia of Sweden's star tiara which Princess Benedikte inherited from Queen Ingrid
- the spike tiara which probably is loaned from the Hohenstein branch of the Sayn-Wittgenstein family

So, she hasn't yet worn Princess Benedikte's floral tiara, and imho it would make a lovely wedding tiara. But I am inclined to think that she should wear the Berleburg fringe tiara. As bride of the head of the house she should have the right to wear the family's principal tiara.

But what I would love the most (and don't think is realistic) is to find out that Prince Richard's mother had left her floral tiara to Gustav for his future wife to wear. As I said, I don't believe in it. If it had been inherited by Gustav it would probably have been worn by someone over the years, especially since tiaras were scarce at some events and they had to loan from outside the immediate family.

But what I would love the most (and don't think is realistic) is to find out that Prince Richard's mother had left her floral tiara to Gustav for his future wife to wear. As I said, I don't believe in it. If it had been inherited by Gustav it would probably have been worn by someone over the years, especially since tiaras were scarce at some events and they had to loan from outside the immediate family.

Wasn't that a loan from her son-in-law Landgrave Moritz of Hesse?

Wasn't that a loan from her son-in-law Landgrave Moritz of Hesse?
I don't think it was, though it was often speculated that is was, and some sites repeated it over and over again until everybody believed it. But imho, the two tiaras simply don't look the same, see my comparison here:Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
The Hesse tiara is on the top, Berleburg on the bottom. The elements between the flowers definitely don't match, and even the floral elements seem different to me. The Hesse tiara consists of daisy blossoms, referring to the name of the first wearer, Princess Margarete. Unfortunately the pictures were very small and become very blurry when enlarged. But still, the blossoms in the Berleburg tiara don't look like daisies to me, they seem to have fewer and wider petals.

The Hesse tiara has been reported to have been among the jewels stolen after WWII, and no member of the Hesse family has been seen with it in the post-war era. On the other hand, Princess Margaretha of SWB has been pictured with it at least at five events. Afaik, Prince Richard's grandmother Princess Madeleine didn't attend Richard's wedding, at least she's not on the pictures. (Does anybody know why?) Why wouldn't she have lent her daughter-in-law her own fringe tiara instead of letting Princess Marguerite borrow from her daughter's in-laws?

All this doesn't fit. My guess is, that Pr. Marguerite didn't have to borrow, because the floral tiara was her own. There were, and still are, so many tiaras of similar design, popular styles were varied and recreated over and over again. It's really no wonder that some tiaras resemble each other.

Lastly, Bjarne Steen Jensen, well-connected and knowledgable author of the famous book about the Danish royal jewels, once wrote on the RJMB that "Margaretha's tiara is still in the Berleburg family - but not with Prince Richard. It is not from Fürstin Margaretha's mother." Berleburg family he states, not Hesse family. I think the tiara either skipped a generation and went directly to Gustav, or it went to her younger son Prince Robin.

Princess Iman bint Abdullah has announced her engagement. There are some Jordanian royal women who do not wear tiaras at their weddings so I do not expect Iman to wear a tiara at her wedding. Maybe she will borrow her mother's Boucheron bracelet tiara which is the only tiara that Rania possibly owns.

I hope she will wear a tiara, after all she is a daughter of the reigning monarch.

Princess Iman bint Abdullah has announced her engagement. There are some Jordanian royal women who do not wear tiaras at their weddings so I do not expect Iman to wear a tiara at her wedding. Maybe she will borrow her mother's Boucheron bracelet tiara which is the only tiara that Rania possibly owns.

If that's the only option I would rather see her no wearing one. (Yes I loathe that.) I wish her grandma still owns her tiaras and would loans her one, she has couples beautiful pieces, like the loop diamond one. But probably we would see a proper tiara.

Crown Prince Hussein has announced his engagement to Rajwa Al Saif. Like some Jordanian royal brides, I do not expect Rajwa to wear a tiara at her wedding. Although, it is still a possibility that she will wear a tiara. Maybe a new tiara will be purchased for her.

Last edited:
The wedding of Princess Maria Laura & William Isvy is approaching quickly and I am so much looking forward to seeing her wedding look. My first guess is that the Princess will wear Queen Elisabeth's art deco tiara, now owned by Queen Paola. It's the same tiara that her sister-in-law wore for her marriage and before that by Queen Mathilde. I think it might become the family's traditional wedding tiara. Furthermore, they seem to put a strong Belgium-theme on the event, highlighting how important it was for the couple to show-off Belgium to their future in-laws. And the art deco tiara has this long Belgian tradition.

But given the fact that I often get my guesses wrong :sad:, Maria Laura might chose a tiara from her father's family. The Savoy-Aosta tiara has been worn by two of her Arco-Zinneberg cousins, and it might be a way to symbolically include her late paternal grandmother in the ceremony.

Would be wonderful to see the Princess-Archduchess wear Queen Elisabeth's art deco tiara!

The wedding of Princess Maria Laura & William Isvy is approaching quickly and I am so much looking forward to seeing her wedding look. My first guess is that the Princess will wear Queen Elisabeth's art deco tiara, now owned by Queen Paola. It's the same tiara that her sister-in-law wore for her marriage and before that by Queen Mathilde. I think it might become the family's traditional wedding tiara. Furthermore, they seem to put a strong Belgium-theme on the event, highlighting how important it was for the couple to show-off Belgium to their future in-laws. And the art deco tiara has this long Belgian tradition.

But given the fact that I often get my guesses wrong :sad:, Maria Laura might chose a tiara from her father's family. The Savoy-Aosta tiara has been worn by two of her Arco-Zinneberg cousins, and it might be a way to symbolically include her late paternal grandmother in the ceremony.

I suspect it will be the Cartier Art-Deco tiara, but I do hope she chooses to honour her father's family and chooses a Savoy-Aosta tiara.

n.

There is also the other Savoy-Aosta tiara which as worn by her aunt Maria Beatrice and her grandmother at their Weddings. But i think this one does now belong to her uncle Archduke Martin, as it was last worn by his wife Katharina.

There is also the other Savoy-Aosta tiara which as worn by her aunt Maria Beatrice and her grandmother at their Weddings. But i think this one does now belong to her uncle Archduke Martin, as it was last worn by his wife Katharina.
Actually, I think that Astrid's Savoy-Aosta tiara is much nicer than the other diamond bandeau, so Maria Laura is lucky;). I agree that the other tiara probably went to AD Martin, while the Savoy-Aosta tiara was inherited by AD Lorenz.

And then there is another one: the diamond choker bandeau that the now-Princess Napoleon has worn on her wedding day. Maybe that one was destined for the Arco-Zinneberg descendants, but then why did two of the Arco-Zinneberg countesses wear Astrid's Savoy-Aosta tiara at their respective weddings? It's all a big puzzle.:lol:

Actually, I think that Astrid's Savoy-Aosta tiara is much nicer than the other diamond bandeau, so Maria Laura is lucky;). I agree that the other tiara probably went to AD Martin, while the Savoy-Aosta tiara was inherited by AD Lorenz.

And then there is another one: the diamond choker bandeau that the now-Princess Napoleon has worn on her wedding day. Maybe that one was destined for the Arco-Zinneberg descendants, but then why did two of the Arco-Zinneberg countesses wear Astrid's Savoy-Aosta tiara at their respective weddings? It's all a big puzzle.:lol:

When Countess Olympia von und zu Arco-Zinneberg married Jean-Christophe, Prince Napoléon, the jewels were owned by her grandmother the Archduchess Robert of Austria-d'Este born Princess Margherita di Savoia-Aosta. So we may assume it was a loan by her Nonna.

When Countess Olympia von und zu Arco-Zinneberg married Jean-Christophe, Prince Napoléon, the jewels were owned by her grandmother the Archduchess Robert of Austria-d'Este born Princess Margherita di Savoia-Aosta. So we may assume it was a loan by her Nonna.
And yet a loan might, just might be a hint at who was meant to inherit the jewels. All we know is that they are no longer in Princess Margherita's possession, as she sadly has passed on.

It was mentioned at the time of the Wedding of Countess Anna Theresa that the Savoy-Aosta tiara was loaned to her by her uncle Prince Lorenz who owned it. So perhaps the jewels where already distributed by the Archduchess some years ago.-

It was mentioned at the time of the Wedding of Countess Anna Theresa that the Savoy-Aosta tiara was loaned to her by her uncle Prince Lorenz who owned it. So perhaps the jewels where already distributed by the Archduchess some years ago.-
Yes, that would have been a good way to minimize inheritance tax, and also the elderly Princess Margherita was no longer very socially active. The younger generation had more opportunities to wear the jewels.

On the other hand, the report about loaning the tiara from her uncle Prince Lorenz came from a tabloid, if memory serves me right. So I take the info with a pinch of salt. You all know how these gossip mags sometimes present their guesses as fact.

Yes, that would have been a good way to minimize inheritance tax, and also the elderly Princess Margherita was no longer very socially active. The younger generation had more opportunities to wear the jewels.

On the other hand, the report about loaning the tiara from her uncle Prince Lorenz came from a tabloid, if memory serves me right. So I take the info with a pinch of salt. You all know how these gossip mags sometimes present their guesses as fact.

I think it was mentioned by Vincent Meylan on the Royal jewels MB

So there are 2 weddings in the works for the Jordanian Royal Family, will the brides wear tiaras. What tiara will they wear? Crown Prince Hussein's wife will be the future Queen, will she get a new tiara?

I think for Amelie of Wurttemberg, she will wear the small tiara that her cousin, Sophie d’Andigne wore for her wedding.

I think for Amelie of Wurttemberg, she will wear the small tiara that her cousin, Sophie d’Andigne wore for her wedding.

Very likely as that one has been worn by most Duchesses from the Family on their Wedding Days. Only Duchess Mathilde used a different one.

Very likely as that one has been worn by most Duchesses from the Family on their Wedding Days. Only Duchess Mathilde used a different one.
I can’t wait for that wedding and for you to post the pictures on your blog and can you kindly send me a link to your blog

Back
Top Bottom