The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 6: December 2011 - March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the ensemble today is well-suited to the occasion. Yes, the coat is straight in the front but the lines in the back make it look more modern, as well as the length being slightly shorter than DoC or HM. The daffodils are a bit of needed color. I love seeing how special days are marked by royal ladies with a little accessory which also happens to jazz up an outfit. I also like the grey shoes -- the exact blue of the coat would have been hard to match IMO and black would've been too dark. Overall, well done!

The point it, when Kate's with the Queen at an official royal engagement, it's not all about her. When Kate wears something that people really, really love (like the McQueen dress at the Millies, or the Jesire at the PNG), it dominates the press attention.

This is exactly the kind of coat that's pretty, appropriate and yet ensures (as far as possible) that the visit itself gets the attention it deserves. In short, no-one's going to try and out-dress HMQ during family events for her special year.

I like it! She looks very nice in the color and it's certainly appropriate for the occasion.

I think the shade of blue is wonderful and the heels are fierce. I don't love the coat but its not as bad as some are making it out to be. She definitely looks the best out of the 3 ladies. I do wonder if Kate shouldn't have worn heels, she already towers over them and it is exagerrated in those heels.

I like the outfit, and the shoes are a nice contrast as it's not all the same shade of blue all over her. (the shoes are gray, right???). I know matchy-matchy is kinda fashionable again, but I can't get on board with it!!

I like the coat, and I like that the color of the shoes is not an exact match with it (the shoes look more like a light blue than a gray, to me). Too much of the same shade of blue could result in her ending up looking like a blueberry.

I like the outfit, and the shoes are a nice contrast as it's not all the same shade of blue all over her. (the shoes are gray, right???). I know matchy-matchy is kinda fashionable again, but I can't get on board with it!!

They look to be turquoisey blue to me.

I love the blue coat.She looks classy and elegant as always.

Duchess Of Cambridge She Look Nice always The Blue Color Look Nice On Her She Look Classic , I Love Her Shoe Look So Elegant

Last edited:
Love it! Reminds me of a coat she has worn to several weddings/ Royal events. Love the color.

Thanks Cinrit and dbarn67. Yes, on second look they are not gray!!

Will Kate be doing any more engagements with Camilla and HM or is it just this one??

The style isn't too bad, although I agree that the coat could have had more shape to it. But it does showcase Kate's slim figure and that's a good length. If the back seams were on the front, it would have really looked beautiful. The color, tweed fabric and the braided look on the coat are stunning, but I'd have liked to have seen shoes in a totally different color. They're beautiful, but I don't think the color went very well with the coat. A complementary tone would have looked better.

ETA - I seen more photos of the shoes and they look like a gray suede, but with a blueish tone to them.

Last edited:
Nice look for Catherine today. I like the coat. I think that under the coat she worn this dress

I loved the blue coa and grey shoes. Classy and elegant.

I think the ensemble today is well-suited to the occasion. Yes, the coat is straight in the front but the lines in the back make it look more modern, as well as the length being slightly shorter than DoC or HM. The daffodils are a bit of needed color. I love seeing how special days are marked by royal ladies with a little accessory which also happens to jazz up an outfit. I also like the grey shoes -- the exact blue of the coat would have been hard to match IMO and black would've been too dark. Overall, well done!

my sentiments exactly! love the lines of the coat and I think the shorter hemline adds a youthful quality.

I think the gradation of brooch adornment is worth commenting on btwn the 3 women.
Queen - large diamond daffodil brooch,
Camilla - small diamond leek pin,
Kate - fresh daffodils.

very much a goldilocks quality.

Duchess Of Cambridge She Look Nice always The Blue Color Look Nice On Her She Look Classic , I Love Her Shoe Look So Elegant

Sheikah deena, I always enjoy your nice posts. And I almost always agree with you! I like her coat and shoes very much.

I think this coat is lovely, and apart from looking good, it doesn't give me the cheap-vibe. ;) I also like her hair and shoes!
I agree with you, this coat is gorgeous, lovely trim and cut and looks like you want to touch it!
A little too short for me, especially as she has to bend over and accept gifts from children.
Would have been nicer if it was open, showing creamy silk dress underneath.
Love the bluish-grey shoes,very elegant and think they match the coat trim:)
Nice earrings and hair back a lot of the time.

Apparently Missoni deniea that this coat is their brand. So, any clue about the desigmer?
All the outfit is gorgeous.

Apparently Missoni deniea that this coat is their brand. So, any clue about the desigmer?
All the outfit is gorgeous.

Maybe it was Angela Kelly at BP. I read somewhere the rumour that HM is not so happy with the huge interest of the media for Catherine's clothes - maybe
a bit In house fashion for Catherine could be a solution.

:previous: You could be right, but whatever the source it looks good. Not a knockout because she is one of 3 royal ladies and upstaging The Queen in her Diamond Jubilee year is neither politic nor appropriate.

Altogether a perfect compromise, except for the height of the heels. HM is a tiny woman and Catherine is far taller. With heels like this she positively towers over her.

I agree about the shortness - at knee length would be perfect.
What we usually get to see is too short and boring.

I'm baffled at Missoni saying this isn't their coat. The wonderful ladies at WhatKateWore have pictures of a waist length version of the coat Kate wore yesterday and it is definitely Missoni. You can all make your own judgements:

What Kate Wore

I'm baffled at Missoni saying this isn't their coat. The wonderful ladies at WhatKateWore have pictures of a waist length version of the coat Kate wore yesterday and it is definitely Missoni. You can all make your own judgements:

What Kate Wore

Close ups of the coat, not sure if this was posted as yet:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/01/article-2108587-11FD8FF5000005DC-139_310x440.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/01/article-2108587-11FD907D000005DC-487_310x440.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/01/article-2108587-11FD9071000005DC-969_310x440.jpg

The quality doesnt look very good in the close ups to be honest, certainly not what I would expect from an expensive Missoni coat.

Maybe thats why Missoni says it isnt theirs, they could be silent but chose to deny because people could look at Kate's coat and think, wow, THAT is Missoni (in a negative sense) :whistling:

The only difference between this coat which the M Missoni coats don't have is the top black button which is obvious and down the front a few buttons. The hem of the two coats have the same finishing.

I think the coat is designed that way, to have those sort of distressed seams.

Can I just say how truly horrible and unnecessary I think it is for photographers to try and take pictures up Kate's skirt and for the Daily Mail to zoom in and publish them?

EIIR said:
I think the coat is designed that way, to have those sort of distressed seams.

Can I just say how truly horrible and unnecessary I think it is for photographers to try and take pictures up Kate's skirt and for the Daily Mail to zoom in and publish them?

Correct! Stupid and useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom