The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style Part 1: October 2003 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great finding, Romy! If you look into the third post of this thread you can find the third event at which she wore that dress - the Ascot races in 2004 :)

Here is another dress, Sophie recyled, you may think it's been the same evening as to the background, but the handbag and her brooche are different :)

1. at the premiere of the Northern Ballet Theatre's production 'Jekyll and Hyde' 12.03.2001

2. at a charity dinner at the Dorchester Hotel in London on behalf of the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme 21.01.2001

Oh, thanks for telling me, Iceflower! Hope to see more similar dresses, I do not have any more in mind..:)

I do, Iceflower :) :) I like that coat, it's very british in my eyes and I like the different ways she combined it with the accessories, handbag, tights and so on...Thanks for posting the comparison!

some recent sophie pictures
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected special service of thanksgiving for the life of Sir Edmund Hillary on April 2, 2008
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected RHS Chelsea Flower Show on May 19, 2008
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected leave Hospital with their new baby boy at Frimley Park Hospital on December 20, 2007 in Frimley
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected Royal Windsor Horse Show on May 12, 2007 in Berkshire
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected Blush Ball at the Natural History Museum on May 03, 2007

Thanks for those PrincessofEurope I love Sophie and will be happy to see her back at work. I love her longer hair by the way and hope she decides to keep the length. She is really economical with her clothes and I admire that about her so it a little difficult sometimes to gather new rather than recycled but I like the two piece she wore to the Blush Ball she wore it on another occasion too I think. Also saw a photo osf her in St Mortiz in Hello she was wearing a cream coloured gown and loads of rubies and diamonds.

Wow! She looks really good at the Blush Ball...I just hope it's a trick of light and not a dark bra underneath.

There is something classic and retro about this outfit (Christmas 2008) I love it and the glam higher heel. Like the hat also though it took me a few viewings to come to that conclusion. The colour also was the same but I like it and it is the Sophie I think we will see a lot more of.

Sophie has worn this outfit before - I'm thinking 1999, or even before that. Or something very similiar.

I will look in the pics.

I like this outfit very much as well. Sophie looks wonderful in blue and classic lines. I like her in simpler hats as well. She's definitely not a frou-frou girl.:)

There is something classic and retro about this outfit (Christmas 2008) I love it and the glam higher heel. Like the hat also though it took me a few viewings to come to that conclusion. The colour also was the same but I like it and it is the Sophie I think we will see a lot more of.

I love the look of this and the higher heel as well. But she looks as though she's wearing white hose, that makes it look a bit 80's IMO.

Yes, I agree about the white hose.:) A tan shade would look better if she didn't want to go with dark hose.

I love the look of this and the higher heel as well. But she looks as though she's wearing white hose, that makes it look a bit 80's IMO.

HRH rarely seems to wear black hosiery and the white stockings seem to be her preferred choice.
Is everyone familiar with the recent story where the Countess had her heels fixed on a Royal engagement? The press were quoted as describing the Countess waiting in her "silk stockinged feet".
I do absolutely love her heels. The seem very high and in photos with other Royals, HRH does seem to dominate over them!

I completely agree. The Countess was obviously only having her heels fixed out of curiosity and interest in the process rather than out of necessity.
I was just using the example to highlight her preference for a certain style of hosiery.
By the way, have a look at the IBL pictures from Christmas day. There's a picture of Sophie where the Queen is standing behind her and I'm sure Her Majesty Is looking down at Sophie's heels.
You can fill in the captions for what the Queen is thinking yourselves!

I think Sophie looked very elegant and regal on Christmas day... perhaps taking a cue from the French first lady, Carla Sarkozy

Blue is a very good color on Sophie, the suit is perfect for her. I'm not crazy about the black accesories, but I don't know what would have looked better.

Here's the pic of the Queen studying the Countess's heels!

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: 834960abrq7.jpg

I so enjoyed seeing this photograph! Sophie looks wonderfully elegant and the Queen is probably remembering when she used to wear higher heels "back in the day" that had a more dainty heel than what she now wears.
I do agree that seems to prefer a light hose. Perhaps she wants to try to match her skin tone? I know I can't stand hose that are too tan and I generally wear a nude shade myself.

IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65 At church 28th Dec08 its the return of the "saucer" hat ... [snipped]
From one side, Countess of Wessex should be lauded for recycling the hat. From the other, I would say that this particular saucer hat did not suit her well because the hat looked like black honey comb glued to a head. Additionally I would say that the black colour particularly does not become Countess of Wessex well. She tends to look drawn wearing black outfits. Of course, my opinion can be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom