The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 12: June 2022 - March 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Countess of Wessex at the Violence Against Women and Girls Reception today, November 29:

** Full view **

I don’t like the blouse- both the neckline and sleeves are unflattering. The trousers are fine.

Sophie forgot the step 'take a picture' before you leave for an event in the handbook of royal events... especially if you decide to wear a white blouse...

The Countess of Wessex at the Multi-Skills Day and Celebration Event for Whizz-Kidz at Guildford Baptist Church today, December 1:

** Full view ** Upper part **

The Countess looks lovely in the green and blue pants and jacket. I have noticed since the passing of Queen Elizabeth, daytime dress seems to be more relaxed for outings, visits, and attending events. I like the more relaxed look.

I love the material and the colour which really suits her, but I don’t think the style of the bodice is very flattering and makes her look a bit matronly. I think she’d have benefited from better foundation wear.

That dress does not flatter her at all. It makes her look dumpy, although she isn't.

It does her no favour, it adds lots of weight to her perfectly nice figure.

I wonder if it's one of those dresses that looks better up close and just photographs poorly.

I think it’s lovely material but like others I don’t think it flatters Sophie’s figure. As another poster has said, better foundation garments may have made a difference. Although I certainly wasn’t looking for them I’m sure her bra and bra straps could have been hidden a bit better.

And sorry, but unless you are extremely slender some ribbon around the waist on a gown where there is no defined waistline just focuses the eye on that part of the body.
However, Sophie looked very happy and smiley and I’m sure she and Edward enjoyed the evening.

I think it’s lovely material but like others I don’t think it flatters Sophie’s figure. As another poster has said, better foundation garments may have made a difference. Although I certainly wasn’t looking for them I’m sure her bra and bra straps could have been hidden a bit better.

And sorry, but unless you are extremely slender some ribbon around the waist on a gown where there is no defined waistline just focuses the eye on that part of the body.
However, Sophie looked very happy and smiley and I’m sure she and Edward enjoyed the evening.

Agree the material is really lovely but the design is sadly not flattering ,Sophie's hairstyle is a winner!

Sorry but i think she lookd dowdy (in german we would say bieder). Not only the gown itself but also the colour does nothing for her but washes her out.

This tiny pleated fabric., like a Fortuny dress, puts volume on anyone and can only be for extremely underweight women. Add to that, the glitter and you have a dress NOT designed for a woman with curves like Sophie. Her hair looks great as well as the earrings. I will look on the jewelry thread to see if anyone has info on them. I wonder now if the late Queen’s collection has been shared

Posts that did not discuss any fashion choices but jewels only have been removed. Please remember that this is a fashion thread and jewels should be discussed at the extra threads at the Royal Jewels subforum.

Countess of wessex as honoured for her work in advancing women's rights at the 2022 Hillary Rodham Clinton Awards ceremony at Georgetown University today

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FjOq76BUYAATLwa?format=jpg&name=medium

In Washington, The Countess of Wessex has attended meetings to discuss furthering efforts to support survivors of sexual violence & women peacekeepers at the Office of the White House Gender Council Policy , Atlantic Council and US Institute of Peace

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FjYoa-GWYAAgRDO?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FjYoa9iWAAIrdz5?format=jpg&name=large

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I recall reading recently that Sophie has a new stylist. I have to say I find quite a few of her recent outfits are unflattering and a mismatch of separates. She seems to be swamped by voluminous skirts,blouses and coats or fussy prints. I much prefer a more minimalist, polished style for her.

I think I recall reading recently that Sophie has a new stylist. I have to say I find quite a few of her recent outfits are unflattering and a mismatch of separates. She seems to be swamped by voluminous skirts,blouses and coats or fussy prints. I much prefer a more minimalist, polished style for her.

I agree, Sophie's clothes recently have often been unflattering. I thought she did very well for about a decade in between, but in recent years, seems to have lost her way sartorially.

I agree her fashion choices have been all over the place and a times very unflattering.

It's one of those situations where they're (Sophie & stylist) just looking at the clothes, rather than starting with the figure and working out which shapes, colours and details best flatter it. She's not alone in the BRF of course. :)

The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 12: June 2022 -

It's one of those situations where they're (Sophie & stylist) just looking at the clothes, rather than starting with the figure and working out which shapes, colours and details best flatter it. She's not alone in the BRF of course. :)

I agree, but it always amazes me that many of us here, who have no qualification or experience in the world of fashion, can usually spot what doesn’t work and why. Also, Sophie has a vast amount of experience to draw on and should by now know what works for her. Having said that, I do recognise that, as you get older, our figure changes, and you can go through crises of confidence about what looks good.

I agree, but it always amazes me that many of us here, who have no qualification or experience in the world of fashion, can usually spot what doesn’t work and why. Also, Sophie has a vast amount of experience to draw on and should by now know what works for her. Having said that, I do recognise that, as you get older, our figure changes, and you can go through crises of confidence about what looks good.

It can be difficult as one's figure changes but I've never considered Sophie as someone who knows how to dress well consistently. As for stylists, the problem with qualifications and experience in the world of fashion could be that fashion clouds judgements about what actually suits people. Designers tend to design for standard model measurements, which don't look anywhere near as good on most average women. Angela Kelly (not a trained designer) had the right approach with QE2 and it's a pity that Sophie doesn't have someone like her (or the people who have been helping Camilla for the last 20 years).

The Countess of Wessex as Patron of Guide Dogs attended their Christmas Carol Service at St Paul's Cathedral yesterday, December 8:

And on November 24 she attended Transform's 50th anniversary gala evening in Epsom:

Last edited:
She looked GREAT in November in Epsom.
But on the 8th of december. Horrible. She looks shorter and pregnant.
Such a same on this lovely lady

The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 12: June 2022 -

Well one positive thing I can say is that her hair looks nicely styled at the Epsom engagement

The Countess of Wessex attended the Lord High Admiral's Passing Out Parade at Britannia Royal Naval College, Dartmouth, Devon, today, December 15:

** Full view ** Upper part ** gallery **

Glad to say, I like both of the latest outfits. ( Incidentally, our local news covered the Dartmouth event and included an extract from her speech. I have to say I was very impressed with her delivery . I know she has had lots of practice, but she has an excellent voice for public speaking.}

She looked amazing in Dartmouth 10/10. She nailed it!

She looks lovely at the concert. My only complaint was that the coat should have been more festive. However since she has traveled over 400 miles today- she gets a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom