Rearranging the Furniture - Forum Tweaks

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Administrator
Site Team
Country
United States
In the next few days you may see a few more changes to the forum layout. Some topic areas may be moved around a little to improve site navigation and to make the forum a little more friendly for new members. Thanks in advance for your patience with this 'spring tidying' project. :flowers:

Is that the reason why "Other things Royal" are suddenly above "Reigning Houses"?

Yes. We have done this in anticipation of a much higher readership than usual in the next few weeks and are making a number of these small kinds of changes to help new folks find info quickly. I must admit it's quite a change for the rest of us, akin to coming home and finding the sofa in new room. Thanks for being patient with this :)

I thought I was losing my marbles..after leaving my netbook for a virus cleanup.
ut now its ok, you just have to read..:)

I must admit, that I don't understand the reason for putting "Other things Royal" so high up, as I can imagine that a lot of newbies will search for infos on Kate and William :) But, oh well :)

I don't like it at all.

Other things royal should be below the reigning houses as it reduces the important discussions to below the sideshow discussions.

I thought I was going crazy. Glad to hear that at least the rearrangement is not causing that!

Maybe rename it? It does seem odd to have "Other" at the top.

A question about the British board: after the wedding do you want to split the topic "William and Harry" into "William and Catherine" and just "Harry"?

Yes, we intend to give the two princes seperate subforums indeed. It will take some time to seperate some threads that have both princes at topic though.

I can't blame anyone for wanting to make money with this forum, but after the latest 're-arrangements', it's becoming rather blatant; I hope that this is it now, and that the site won't become overgrown any further by even more ads both out in the open and 'hidden' as in the Royal Wedding banner.

Oh Boris, the cynicism! The latest rearrangements have been put in place to make it easier for members to find their favourite areas. Member Introductions has been moved from the bottom of the page to near the top to give it greater prominence and to make new members feel more welcome.

The "ad" in the 'Royal Wedding' banner is for a giveaway paid for by none other than the Forums' owner, Andy R. He bought the Royal Wedding Silver Proof Coins as a promotional giveaway. Nothing more sinister than that. :)

The threads from the British Royal Wedding forum are not appearing on the Portal page of latest forum topics. Can that be fixed? I find the Portal page to be the most convenient place to look for all the most recent posts.

Thanks.

Last edited:
The threads from the British Royal Wedding forum are not appearing on the Portal page of latest forum topics. Can that be fixed? I find the Portal page to be the most convenient place to look for all the most recent posts.

Thanks.

Thanks for pointing this out - it should be fixed now :flowers:

Brazil has moved!

:empireofbrazil: . :empireofbrazil: . :empireofbrazil:

The Imperial Family of Brazil discussion area has been moved to a new and separate subforum.

It can now be found at the top of the list of the Non-Reigning Houses forum.

Click on the thumbnail below to see the location, or click here
to go directly to it.

Attachments

• Brazil.jpg
    Brazil.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
Royal Highlights

:crown5:

There have been some changes made to the Royal Highlights area

Royal Milestones (births, deaths, marriages etc) has been separated from Royal Genealogy and now sits at the top of Royal Highlights.

Royal Genealogy remains in the same position as before and contains the royal genealogical discussion threads.

Royal International Events
is a new subforum which contains threads relating to royal attendence at international events such as the Summer and Winter Olympics, Paralympics, World Cup etc. It is located below the Royal Genealogy subforum.

The 2012 London Olympics subforum has been moved into the Royal International Events area.

v thumbnails
1. Royal Milestones
2. Royal Genealogy & Royal International Events (including the 2012 London Olympics)

Attachments

• Royal Milestones.jpg
    Royal Milestones.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,175
  • Royal Genealogy, International Events.jpg
    Royal Genealogy, International Events.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom