Forum Update - We're back! Ask your questions here.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love the new look, but how do I block threads I am not interested in? I could do so on the old forum

I miss the “view first unread” option or am I probably missing how to get there now?
Just click on the thread title in a subforum (threads with new posts are bolded), that'll bring you to the first post you haven't read, yet. Be aware, that it'll only work from the second time you visit a thread since the update, as the old read status hasn't survived conversion.

best wishes Michiru

Just click on the thread title in a subforum (threads with new posts are bolded), that'll bring you to the first post you haven't read, yet. Be aware, that it'll only work from the second time you visit a thread since the update, as the old read status hasn't survived conversion.

best wishes Michiru
This explains so much ~ thank you.

I miss the “view first unread” option or am I probably missing how to get there now?
I noticed we don't navigate to the last page available when we log in and select a thread topic. It's okay, I just have to get used to notice the first post I see could be like 15 years old and not 15 mins old and navigate to the last pages to get today's conversations.

:previous: As Michiru explained, this is a temporary issue. All threads ight now show up as unread. Once you've visited a specific thread, it will take you to any new posts in the future.

There seems to also be a 'Jump to New' button on top of the page in each thread (although it disappeared for this one; probably because I already was a the newest post?).

:previous: As Michiru explained, this is a temporary issue. All threads ight now show up as unread. Once you've visited a specific thread, it will take you to any new posts in the future.

There seems to also be a 'Jump to New' button on top of the page in each thread (although it disappeared for this one; probably because I already was a the newest post?).
There is also the Option of Mark Forums as Read. It is the Menue on the side near the Forums Logo. Afterwards you will again on the last side of a Thread

Last edited:
I like the new look! But would it be possible to highlight the actual news of today by signaling them bold or something? In the previous version they were easier to indentify.

I like the new look! But would it be possible to highlight the actual news of today by signaling them bold or something? In the previous version they were easier to indentify.
Threads with new posts you mean? If so, this seems to be your first visit back, so everything is still marked unread. Easiest way is to mark all forums read, then look for your favorite threads and, just for one time, look at the last post date and if there seems to be something new, click on the date in the right column in a subforum, that'll transport you to the last post in a thread. Next time you come here subforums with new posts will be in bold, as will thread titles inside the forums, then you just have to click the thread title and you're at the first new post.

best wishes Michiru

I’m really enjoying the new look. Thank you so much for all the hard work that has gone on behind the scenes .

What is the hyperlink to see new posts, I want to bookmark it and be able to click and get to new posts.

This was the link in the previous version but I now get an error message.

Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested forum could not be found.

With the new version, I bookmarked the new posts links a couple of times but when I click on this bookmark, it takes me to the new posts from earlier, it is not updated.

Also a request regarding new post listings, I would like threads that I read to not go away but remain and there be something to distinguish them from the unread ones, like unread being bolded and unread being unbolded. Note, it seems like the new posts roll off / are refreshed after a certain time and I am OK with that, I am not expecting to have unread and read posts still visible from last month.

The second part of your problem, I think it can be solved by removing the option 'unread'. Below you can find that option in the blue bar, directly above where it reads 'King Constantine ...'. When you click the x it should be gone and everything will appear.

The first part: I am still learning that myself, maybe somebody else will ahve that solution and otherwise Janet certainly will know.
2024-02-25 (1).png

What is the hyperlink to see new posts, I want to bookmark it and be able to click and get to new posts.

This was the link in the previous version but I now get an error message.

Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested forum could not be found.

With the new version, I bookmarked the new posts links a couple of times but when I click on this bookmark, it takes me to the new posts from earlier, it is not updated.

I wonder whether it might work if you leave out the number at the end? That seems the part that is updated each time you want to view 'new posts'. New posts

How do I now send a private message?
Hover over someone's avatar or nickname in a post and click on "start conversation", or search for a member in the members menu (unfortunately the member list is disabled here), visit the profile and use the same "start conversation".

best wishes Michiru

It seems to be just me, but I found the old version easier for the eye. I'm not a fan of the new one :( Too much going on.
I thought the same at first, but after a day or two of using it, I've come to like it even better than the old look.

Hover over someone's avatar or nickname in a post and click on "start conversation", or search for a member in the members menu (unfortunately the member list is disabled here), visit the profile and use the same "start conversation".

best wishes Michiru
Thanks, but I think this is not a private mail, everybody can read it?

:previous:

Don't worry, the "Conversations" have replaced the "Private Messages", they are private and only sender and recipient are able to read them and to reply to them. It's the exactly the same, only different looking! :flowers:

I was wondering if we lost the preview function when composing a post but then realized it is the paper / spyglass icon on the top right but I still won't be sure how it works until I write a longer post.

Back
Top Bottom