Mobile App Changes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Administrator
Site Team
Country
United States
In the coming days forum access via the mobile app will be discontinued and we wanted to make you aware of some other options so that your surfing won't be interrupted.

Our forums software already has a mobile view with this same functionality. Use a browser to access the forum instead of the app. Transitioning to this view on smaller screens is straightforward and we'll add convenient links at the top of the page to help you navigate to the mobile-friendly view. You will find those links right at the top of the list of forums as you log in. Click the desired link to toggle the view.

In the coming months, we'll be moving to new software (exciting details soon) so this current change is a temporary one. Deprecating the mobile app has been a difficult choice but we are taking this step in an abundance of caution as security concerns for this aging platform increase. We take member privacy seriously and believe that the inconvenience caused by this change is outweighed by broader privacy issues. Thanks for understanding.

Example of new links location (coming in a few days):
Forum_app.jpg

Is the site setup going to change? Please tell me it's not. Modern sites are confusing and difficult to use, and I love how this forum looks.

Hopefully the new software will make the forums easy to use. I’m finding the browser on my phone very difficult to navigate even in mobile view. I miss the app!

Is this also the reason the app for the mobile phone (android) isn't working?
It wouldn't refresh for me, so I re-installed, but it still isn't working. I get a network error.

Is this also the reason the app for the mobile phone (android) isn't working?
It wouldn't refresh for me, so I re-installed, but it still isn't working. I get a network error.

That is indeed peculiar, because I get the same error on my main phone, but no problems on my back-up phone where the TRF-app has been installed for much longer.

As noted in Post 1 the app has been disabled. The company that built the app underwent a reorganization, which involved establishing a new company and making changes to their business model which has caused concern about data privacy. The decision to disconnect from Tapatalk was made with the security and privacy of our users and data as the top priority.

We appreciate your understanding and patience as we navigate this challenge. Your unwavering support is what fuels our commitment to providing a platform that is safe, reliable, and conducive to the vibrant exchange of knowledge and camaraderie that our forums are known for.

Thank you for being a valued part of our community. We are looking forward to moving ahead with solutions that keep our members' best interests at heart.

So we can't visit the forums on our mobile phones anymore?
Pity, that is the only way I use to visit here.

I have another question.
I tried viewing the site through the browser, but the mobile-view function doesn't do anything.
Is that also offline?

I have another question.
I tried viewing the site through the browser, but the mobile-view function doesn't do anything.
Is that also offline?

Once you navigate to the forum, click on the mobile view link - the screen should resize and display a mobile-friendly view.

trf_mobile.jpg

I've tried, it doesn't make any difference.

See, no difference.

See, there is no difference.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231115-195022_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231115-195022_Chrome.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20231115-195037_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231115-195037_Chrome.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 9
Hi. Is there anyway I can get the iPhone version of the new mobile to display the categories to look like the online laptop version?

Hello. The supposed mobile version buttonbdoes not bring any change and the mobile version doesn't wor:k. It is really unvonfortable.

I am unable to view the forum in Google browser? It tells me it exceeds size limits for server? Does the Google browser not work with this site anymore?

Last edited:
I am unable to view the forum in Google browser? It tells me it exceeds soze limp for server? Does the Google browser not work with this site anymore?

I'm using Google Chrome on my Android phone without any issues.

I'm using Google Chrome on my Android phone without any issues.

I keep getting error message about exceeding the limits the server will accept or something. I can see every other website just fine. Only the TRF is the issue on Google on my Android.

It's happening to me too. I'm using Google Chrome on my laptop and in multiple threads.

Just want to reiterate that the Google Chrome browser issues are persisting. I switched to Mobile App view and the website view refuses to switch back to Desktop View no matter how many times I try. I'm also still getting the "Bad Request - Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Size of a request header field exceeds server limit." response in a variety of threads while using Chrome.

I'm able to access the forums just fine in the Opera browser but I don't want the hassle of using two separate browsers (Chrome is my personal preference).

Just want to reiterate that the Google Chrome browser issues are persisting. I switched to Mobile App view and the website view refuses to switch back to Desktop View no matter how many times I try. I'm also still getting the "Bad Request - Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Size of a request header field exceeds server limit." response in a variety of threads while using Chrome.

I'm able to access the forums just fine in the Opera browser but I don't want the hassle of using two separate browsers (Chrome is my personal preference).

That is the exact message I'm getting when using chrome. I had to start using Firefox to access the forum but I also don't want to be having to switch back and forth between browsers. The only website I'm having this issue with in Chrome is this one. Everything else works as it normally does.

Back
Top Bottom