Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 6: October 2018 - October 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stunning! Diana Vreeland once said “pink is the baby blue of India”. ... just perfect!

No one does the queen thing better than Maxima when she is on her game. Everything about this is gorgeous, from head to toe. If only she would give up Natan and let Taminiau design all her clothes.

This is the perfect designer for Maxima for evening looks. Always rocks it :flowers:

Not always a fan of floral or pink. But this is stunning. A beautiful nod to the Indian sari. This gown is one of my favorites for her.

And of course her hair and jewels are on point.

Apparently this dress was made from a sari Maxima bought on her India trip in '07. The perfect way, IMO, to mix traditional dress with new touches from a home-based designer!

No one does the queen thing better than Maxima when she is on her game. Everything about this is gorgeous, from head to toe. If only she would give up Natan and let Taminiau design all her clothes.

While I completely agree with everything you said, the part I put in bold is 1000% on the money.

If only she would give up Natan and let Taminiau design all her clothes.

Amen couldn't agree more ,the Nathan collaboration has had its day ,Queen Máxima has struck gold with Taminiau.

Almost looks like she’s wearing a saree. Love this Jan Taminau outfit.

Maxima looks gorgeous! I adore that pink on her and like the fact that it resembles the sari, too.

Apparently this dress was made from a sari Maxima bought on her India trip in '07. The perfect way, IMO, to mix traditional dress with new touches from a home-based designer!

That is wonderful, thanks for sharing. It makes me like it even more. Couture as it is supposed to be. The fabric was bought in Jaipur, which is also known as the pink city.

Ish said:
If only she would give up Natan and let Taminiau design all her clothes.

If only... Sadly I do not think HM will abandon Natan. For starters Taminiau is far more expensive than Natan as T. does not seem to have a large pret-a-porter collection. Other reasons I have seen mentioned over the years are that when Máxima Zorreguieta was living in Brussels - before the engagement- she met Eduoard Vermeulen (Mr. Natan) and the two became friend(ly/s). And he offers a 'total package' : from dress to shoes to accessories & works often with hatmaker Fabiënne Delvigne. This saves a lot of time for the Queen. IIRC Queen Sonja commented once how much time it takes to select and fit clothing for the year.

Last edited:
Excellent! A perfect dress for this opportunity. Well-done by both Jan Taminiau and Máxima carrying it off so well.

How wonderful it was made from her own sari fabric. Just gorgeous and great hair. Although I don’t see why she is wearing platform shoes, she towers over her guests anyway

Last edited:
When I saw this evening gown I was stunned....this is simply the best dress to be worn in India. And love the history about its fabric (thanks for sharing this info!). What can I say...Taminiau has done another materpiece for Queen Maxima! Its interesting that when Taminiau makes clothes, then Maxima looks so tall and slim but in Ntan...not so!

Very regal and elegant look from Maxima. Gown, jewellery, hair, all so well done and choosen!

Absolutely stunningly beautifull!!

What a woman,what grace.

This sari is glorious. She looks sensational.

I’m sure it’s really on trend but I really don’t like the style or the colour

I really like the colour and hairstyle just not the design of the dress.

The dress is by Zimmermann. I like it, the colour and fabric are really nice, maybe it was not "her" dress this evening. It'll be interesting to see Máxima wearing it for another occasion again.

** Zimmermann Dress ** Short Version **

Maxima seems to do better at evening wear than daytime wear - so far I haven't really disliked any of her evening looks on this trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom