Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 1: April 2013 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a recycled dress by Natan she has worn today! I like the dress, but also think that reduced colours for hat and shoes would have been a bit better.

In October 2010 she wore it with two different hats and without one in Curacao :

** Curacao 1 ** Curacao 2 **

I like this dress and the addition of the small belt helps. Not so sure about the turban, I think I would be okay with it if it were smaller. The hat from Curacao was better. Still overall she looks fantastic. Being Queen of the Netherlands suits her very well. And King WA isn't too bad either!

A bit too much of one color for my taste, but the look is so 'Maxima'. She pulls it off like no one else.

Beautiful colors but the print is too much for me.

I like thedress and shoes, but the hat, please whats the matterwith her with all this turbants hats? it is awful!

I'm not usually fond of turbans, but for some reason, I Like this one! I do not like her shoes. I think she looks very pretty overall.

I really like the outfit. Only Maxima can pull off an entire outfit of one color.

I think she looks great. I like the hat and the belt helps too from the other time she wore it.

. . . Only Maxima can pull off an entire outfit of one color.

Agreed.

I have no problem with the turban, per se, but I DO wish it'd been scaled down, if only just a wee tad bit. Frankly, to me, with the SIZE of it and how its riding the top/back of her head, it kind of makes me think and feel that the fortuneteller has settled back in her chair for a fifteen-or-so minute break, put her feet up, and pushed her turban back to air out the front of her hair while she relaxes.

I ABSOLUTELY like that she's NOT wearing hoop earrings, this time, with this particular hat. And I'll take THIS hat --- size, strong colors, and all --- over that dirty-looking re-wound gauze turban thingy she had on the other day, ANYTIME.

Even WITH this particular hat, I agree with cepe that she looks lovely in the very last of the Getty pictures.

Hmmm . . . Maybe with the turbans/pillboxes, we're seeing Max' version of PB's soup bowls?

Just a thought.

I kind of seriously doubt that Max'd settle for just one or two basic styles of hats, in the long run, though.

Also . . .

Not really crazy about the shoes, but this is classic Max, so, hey, it's all good!

And, yes, the print of the dress and the overall colors speak VOLUMES. And of course, Max is probably the ONLY one who could actually make this outfit work, at ALL!

Last edited:
Not the best dress IMO (another Natan horror probably). Nice that she keeps the hair up these days, it looks so much better.

Last edited:
:previous: agree not the best all that shine and the then a cardigan type thing must be Natan....

The cardigan is way too casual with such a dressy looking dress. Definitely agree that her hair is looking great these days!

Yes, screams Natan to me the way he can add on the pounds!
Inverted pleats around the waist, horiz stripes, shiney, arm holes too tight, that s his signature style

I'm disliking this dress. It does Maxima no favors whatsoever. It's too shiny, and makes her look bigger than she is.

Thanks for the photos, Iceflower. I love the second one of the couple; what engaging expressions. Maxima looks fabulous in red and I really like her hair tucked up in the turban. Those multicolored dangling earrings look great with the outfit, too. Turbans and huge hats; Maxima always varies the headgear!

Last edited:
This is a great look for Maxima. She looks stunning in red.

So... We lose the Beatrix hat and have turbans instead? I hope not cos Maxima really rocked the big hats.

Lovely in red but so happy that she is not repeating those red shoes.

Always loved that red outfit on Maxima. Fantastic look.

A lovely look!!

She looks fabulous! Not liking the shoes much, but the rest is wonderful. I really like the turbans on her.

She looks wonderful. This red suit always looks great on Maxima. Lovely.

Máxima at another province visit today, June 21, looking great in a recycled red combination by Natan and a matching hat by Fabienne Delvigne.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Princess Estelle's christening May 2012 ** January 2013 Singapore **

I love to see royal ladies recycle their clothes! Just proves that there is no need to wear something new every single time you go out and it's okay to wear something more than one!

This is one of my favorites on her -the color is so deep and beautiful. Love the hat and the flap on the top of the jacket -she looks great!

whats the matter with her and the turbants???? OMG, I hate them!!!! the suit lovely but please not more turbants hats!!!!!!

Maybe she had a bad hair day (a little worse than usual).;) Nevertheless, I thought Max looked very chic in her turban.

Last edited:
OK . . .

Now THIS turban, I LIKE!!!!!!!!!

AND the knock-'em'-dead RED!!

AND the jewelry . . .

AND the outfit . . .

AND the bag and gloves!!!!

The shoes?

Hmmmmm . . .

Overall?

A-.

WTG, Max!