Queen Máxima Jewels 2: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the reason that it 2015 looked best is also that it her hair was not swiped to the side as she often does but centered.

I think the reason that it 2015 looked best is also that it her hair was not swiped to the side as she often does but centered.

This is an amazing tiara, but you are right, it only works for Maxima if the hair does not have a side parting or a sideways bias.

This is an amazing tiara, but you are right, it only works for Maxima if the hair does not have a side parting or a sideways bias.

Me thinking - this is a great tiara for PCA. It was great for Beatrix when she was Queen - and CA is resembling her grandmother.

Me thinking - this is a great tiara for PCA. It was great for Beatrix when she was Queen - and CA is resembling her grandmother.

I think a lot of this will be down to hairstyles. Lets see how her hair is styled when it comes to be C-A's time to wear this tiara. Beatrix's bouffant hairdo provided to be a great base for it.

:previous:

I think that is part of it yes. The relatively open design needs something behind it. bouffant hairdo or a veil. I would love to see it as Amalia's wedding tiara in due time, as it was used by Beatrix.

Queen Máxima during an official dinner at the Royal Palace in Amsterdam on December 6, 2023. She wore the earrings from the Stuart Parure

Pic

I believe she first wore them during the dinner with the government in the Hall of Knights, shortly before her wedding.

https://www.anpfoto.nl/downloadpicturepreview.pp?pictureid=302107952

They belong to Pss Beatrix and were made of pieces of Queen Wilhelmina's broken up Amsterdam parure. There is a longer version too.

https://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/maximas-saffieren-oorhangers/ (number 4)

All four granddaughters of Wilhelmina received sapphire earrings that were made from this parure. Máxima wore Pss Margriet's earrings from this parure during the inauguration, as shown by An Ard Ri above. I imagine these earrings can be shortened too. So she may indeed be wearing that, though it makes more sense to wear her mother-in-law's version.

Margriet's lower sapphire is more a circle while the one of Beatrix is more oval shaped. In the pictures of Máxima today it is difficult to pinpoint which of these shapes the lower part have.

Last edited:
Are those the diamond and sapphire earrings that were worn to the Investiture ceremony in the Nieuwe Kerk in Amsterdam?
https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2021/09/queen-maximas-stunning-sapphire-tiara.html

I believe she first wore them during the dinner with the government in the Hall of Knights, shortly before her wedding.

https://www.anpfoto.nl/downloadpicturepreview.pp?pictureid=302107952

They belong to Pss Beatrix and were made of pieces of Queen Wilhelmina's broken up Amsterdam parure. There is a longer version too.

https://www.modekoninginmaxima.nl/maximas-saffieren-oorhangers/ (number 4)

All four granddaughters of Wilhelmina received sapphire earrings that were made from this parure. Máxima wore Pss Margriet's earrings from this parure during the inauguration, as shown by An Ard Ri above. I imagine these earrings can be shortened too. So she may indeed be wearing that, though it makes more sense to wear her mother-in-law's version.

Margriet's lower sapphire is more a circle while the one of Beatrix is more oval shaped. In the pictures of Máxima today it is difficult to pinpoint which of these shapes the lower part have.

Thank you both, the versatility of the Dutch jewellery collection is to be appreciated.

Maxima's tiara appearances in 2023

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Last edited:
The Mellerio Ruby tiara is not a favourite of mine but it did go with the gown.

Nice to see her wear part of the stomacher. Hopefully next year she will finally wear the complete one.

The Dutch RF do seem to have quite a few tiara events compared to the Spanish RF.

The brooch is in really strange place at the sash, it doesn't look good that way.

I read that the problem with these big brooches/stomachers is that they are rather heavy. Without any additional support they may rip apart a dress. That is why the Queen tends to attach them to something else than her dress alone. But it is a stomacher and it is worn on the stomach this time.

The Queen is wearing two impressive bracelets. One from the Mellerio ruby parure and the other one from the peacock ruby parure.

That probably makes her #1 in number of tiara appearances in 2023 among the royal ladies, doesn't it?

Exactly! Here a type of Top 3 of tiara appearances in 2023

Máxima: 8
Camilla: 6
Mary: 6
Margrethe: 5
Silvia: 5
Sonja: 5
Victoria: 5

I read that the problem with these big brooches/stomachers is that they are rather heavy. Without any additional support they may rip apart a dress. That is why the Queen tends to attach them to something else than her dress alone. But it is a stomacher and it is worn on the stomach this time.

Royal ladies sometimes have additional backing material added to their dresses to provide support for brooches. If Maxima really wanted to wear the stomacher at her shoulder, this could have been "arranged".

Sapphires and diamonds for Maxima for the recording of the Christmas Music Gala 2023 in Bussum today, December 14:

Picture

Sapphires and diamonds for Maxima for the recording of the Christmas Music Gala 2023 in Bussum today, December 14:

Picture

And they went perfectly with the beautiful blue dress.

IMO it is a lovely piece, one of the nicest of the Dutch collection. The design somehow feels modern. The photo of Pss Simone with the necklace is new to me.

The piece seems more versatile than it has been these last decades. I would be curious to see it with some pearls, as Juliana did, or ideally with some drop pearl pendants or attached to a rivière, as Wilhelmina did.

I had actually thought it was a modern piece and hadn't realised it dated from 1910.
I however must admit that I'm not a particular fan of the Diamond Trellis Necklace.

Back
Top Bottom